Opinion of Jacques Foccart
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:07:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Opinion of Jacques Foccart
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion?
Positive

Negative

Huh?

Random Fourth Option

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 10

Author Topic: Opinion of Jacques Foccart  (Read 1563 times)
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 17, 2009, 04:19:23 PM »
« edited: November 17, 2009, 04:25:32 PM by Ghyl Tarvoke (18 Brumaire 218) »

Hilarious, Tragic, disgusting figure. Needs to be far more well known that he actually is.

FYI: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Foccart
http://www.nytimes.com/1997/03/20/world/jacques-foccart-dies-at-83-secret-mastermind-in-africa.html
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2751/is_n49/ai_20319603/?tag=content;col1 (Longer)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 04:32:14 PM »

Scum, obviously.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 04:46:47 PM »

For whatever reason, France's adventures and misadventures in Africa; IMO, go generally unreported in historical and present conversations. I believe the American and British rather exploitative influence in Africa has been well reported but France always seemed to get a pass in my book. If you look at the record France has an absolutely brutal and cynical track record- and this is not said for any Francophobic reasons.  The NY Times had a recent article where France's policies have really been causing hatred among "The Street".  Despite Sarkozy's promises to the contrary, France continues to support tinpot dictators and have been putting the business interests ahead of every other concern.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 01:21:55 AM »

Foccart, Denard, and the like I've always found fascinating, in part because nobody knows about them.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 06:13:57 AM »

Fascinate figure. But a scumbag. A representative of French neo-colonial imperialism.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 07:02:02 AM »
« Edited: November 20, 2009, 04:25:13 PM by Ghyl Tarvoke »

For whatever reason, France's adventures and misadventures in Africa; IMO, go generally unreported in historical and present conversations. I believe the American and British rather exploitative influence in Africa has been well reported but France always seemed to get a pass in my book. If you look at the record France has an absolutely brutal and cynical track record- and this is not said for any Francophobic reasons.  The NY Times had a recent article where France's policies have really been causing hatred among "The Street".  Despite Sarkozy's promises to the contrary, France continues to support tinpot dictators and have been putting the business interests ahead of every other concern.

They are not 'unreported' (at least as far these things go) in the French speaking world. Unfortunately Language parochialism stops this from coming more discussed than it should be.

Also I think this is the article you are talking about: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/13/world/africa/13francophone.html?_r=1&adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1258545624-oFe+304sz0FcUCj4bA7zAQ
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 04:04:25 PM »

For whatever reason, France's adventures and misadventures in Africa; IMO, go generally unreported in historical and present conversations. I believe the American and British rather exploitative influence in Africa has been well reported but France always seemed to get a pass in my book. If you look at the record France has an absolutely brutal and cynical track record- and this is not said for any Francophobic reasons.  The NY Times had a recent article where France's policies have really been causing hatred among "The Street".  Despite Sarkozy's promises to the contrary, France continues to support tinpot dictators and have been putting the business interests ahead of every other concern.

They are 'unreported' (at least as far these things go) in the French speaking world.

Nah, everyone has a clue of what was and is going on about French neo-colonialism. Journalists have never stopped to speak about it, along the years. But who cares?

And who cares in US about what the CIA could have enjoyed to do around the world, and in Britain who really cares about what could the MI5 or i don't know which secret service have done here or there (i must say i don't have examples in head for Britain but would be surprised there is nothing to say...). And so on...

Such things are very well known then, at least here, but who will protest, Africans...?
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 04:24:43 PM »

They are 'unreported' (at least as far these things go) in the French speaking world.

Nah, everyone has a clue of what was and is going on about French neo-colonialism. Journalists have never stopped to speak about it, along the years. But who cares?

And who cares in US about what the CIA could have enjoyed to do around the world, and in Britain who really cares about what could the MI5 or i don't know which secret service have done here or there (i must say i don't have examples in head for Britain but would be surprised there is nothing to say...). And so on...

Such things are very well known then, at least here, but who will protest, Africans...?

Oops sorry no, I know that. That was a typo - I forgot to include the not (however it should have been clear from the rest of my post).
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 04:31:03 PM »

Oops sorry no, I know that. That was a typo - I forgot to include the not (however it should have been clear from the rest of my post).

Oops to me then, i may have to quickly 'seen red' (literal translation of a French expression) on the first proposition, maybe i should have probably looked forward to pariochalism, which i've just done it and euh, even in thefreedictionnary.com which is very complete i found nothing, and my intuition machine might be broken but i don't see what it could have to do with...?

Well, at least it could have permit to precise that those stuffs were known in France and by French.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 04:34:39 PM »

Oops to me then, i may have to quickly 'seen red' (literal translation of a French expression) on the first proposition, maybe i should have probably looked forward to pariochalism, which i've just done it and euh, even in thefreedictionnary.com which is very complete i found nothing, and my intuition machine might be broken but i don't see what it could have to do with...?

Well, at least it could have permit to precise that those stuffs were known in France and by French.

Hmmm... I got this.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2009, 04:37:30 PM »

Hmmm... I got this.

Ok, my typing machine might have been broken then. Pardon, thanks.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2009, 02:46:09 AM »

Negative
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: