Preferred GM Topics
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:39:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Preferred GM Topics
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Please choose two of the following...
National economic figures

Financial information

National events (e.g. general trends, crises)

Regional events (e.g. region-specific trends)

Foreign events

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 21

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Preferred GM Topics  (Read 1543 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 17, 2009, 12:10:15 AM »

Just trying to get a feel for what sort of information people prefer or feel they would best be able to react to.

Pick any two from the following:
National economic figures = detailed economic numbers and trends, such as housing data, consumer confidence, etc.

Financial information = semi-daily financial data, such as the ANSE, oil and the Atlasian Dollar.

National events = general national occurrences, such as crises or multi-regional events.

Regional events = more region-specific occurrences, such as certain conditions that may require more local legislation (weather situations, local infrastructure, regional economies, etc.)

Foreign events = foreign affairs, such as Atlasian diplomatic relations, the progress of Atlasian foreign initiatives and the like.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 12:22:03 AM »

I like the national & regional events. Not a fan of the financial stuff so much.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 12:26:40 AM »

1 and 3, as they are most useful to me.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 12:30:12 AM »

4 and 5

Economics bores me.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 01:01:07 AM »

I have very little interest in economic exactness. I'm much more interested in storylines foreign and domestic.

Really, all I need from the economic front is "It's good or bad/Stocks were up/down" etc.
gregusodenus
Rookie
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 01:05:22 AM »

I voted 3 and 5, but I don't mind 4 either. I'd rather we play out the political side of this game rather than the economic side of it.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 01:25:20 AM »

Three and four, with five following closely behind. I appreciate one and two, but the final three have a greater impact on Bills we can introduce and action the Government can take.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 02:09:18 AM »

Option 3 and 4.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 07:16:33 AM »

1, 2, 3, and 5

Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 09:31:45 AM »

Regional info is the biggest deal for me personally.
Hans-im-Glück
Franken
Junior Chimp
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -5.94, S: -3.30

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 03:12:01 PM »

I voted for 3 and 4. Regional info is the most important for me, but I want more national and foreign issues too. Economic should be presented only the essential things.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 04:08:30 PM »

Everything you've been doing so far minus the manufactured, unnecessary, unrealistic, and random "crisis" in New Mexico.

I do like economic stories quite often, but I understand that not everyone shares my interest in that. Regardless, please don't cater your stories to anything we're saying here. I don't want you to operate as GM in according to popular opinion. That includes what I say, as well. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 04:48:08 PM »

I too need my "fix" of daily and periodic economic info like Marokai.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 11:46:18 PM »

Everything you've been doing so far minus the manufactured, unnecessary, unrealistic, and random "crisis" in New Mexico.

I do like economic stories quite often, but I understand that not everyone shares my interest in that. Regardless, please don't cater your stories to anything we're saying here. I don't want you to operate as GM in according to popular opinion. That includes what I say, as well. Tongue

Don't worry, I'll likely continue what I'm doing generally. This is more for those days when I'm unsure what to do a story on. It helps me know what people would rather me fill that spot with.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2009, 11:48:07 PM »

Don't worry, I'll likely continue what I'm doing generally. This is more for those days when I'm unsure what to do a story on. It helps me know what people would rather me fill that spot with.

Unlike MArokai I see no problem with bombs blowing up in cities or what not. I understand he is an economics guy.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2009, 11:49:23 PM »

Unlike MArokai I see no problem with bombs blowing up in cities or what not. I understand he is an economics guy.

Oh bomb away, just not in my region. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2009, 11:51:19 PM »

What about one strategically aimed at a certain person in your region. Wink
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2009, 11:53:57 PM »

What about one strategically aimed at a certain person in your region. Wink

I could always do it on the border of two regions. The jurisdiction issues would be fun.

What I find most amusing, I think, is that no one second guesses the power of the Executive. Sort of for expediency's sake I guess.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2009, 12:27:23 AM »

If forced to choose, 3 and 4.  But 5 is good, too.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies