Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:54:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads)  (Read 70460 times)
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« on: February 17, 2021, 06:31:56 PM »

You can't have a constitution saying one thing and a bill that says another. The bill should have been an amendment to the Lincoln constitution if it wants any sort of merit.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 03:54:38 AM »

Can someone gimmie a CliffNotes of the debate in Nunja0428 vs. Lincoln? Getting borderline unreadable lmao
Honestly I have no idea what the argument even is at this point. Truman shoulda stuck to what he said in the Wulfric v Lincoln case and not made it into a big back and forth like in the legislature
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 08:48:45 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2021, 09:03:51 PM by Democracy Now, Democracy Tomorrow, Democracy Forever! »

The election starts in 3 hours. It'd be pretty damn important for the court to make their decision  on the injunction before then.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 10:50:42 AM »

All I'm gonna say is:

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 11:29:06 AM »

I get the feeling LT is just going to ignore this
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2021, 09:01:42 PM »

I would urge the Court to hold Louisville in Contempt of Court for his excessive wasting of the court's valuable time. This could be taken into consideration at sentencing as an aggravating factor if found guilty. 
I would also like to charge Wulfric, or the name of his fursona, "Dwarven Dragon" with the same charges.

I would also like to charge Ishan for misuse of the term "fursona"
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2021, 02:26:26 PM »

Looks like LT’s lawyer will be court appointed, it’s Sunday so it’s past the deadline
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2021, 10:11:51 AM »

So does Atlasia use a Unanimous or Majority vote jury system
Has always been a majority system.

I had thought it was unanimous? Ofc I haven't been around for many court cases though so
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2022, 04:39:37 PM »

No, am I dead. However, I have now seen this thread and will try to respond shortly.

*hughughug*,

ilikeverin
When did we become a necrocracy?
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2022, 06:46:56 PM »

No, am I dead. However, I have now seen this thread and will try to respond shortly.

*hughughug*,

ilikeverin
When did we become a necrocracy?

Uh oh. We just banned necromancy in the South.

Zoinks!
Looks like that trip to the Keys we were planning will need to be cancelled.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2022, 06:51:35 PM »

I would understand by what Authority, (I mean lawfull) I am brought hither. There are many unlawfull Authorities in the world, as Thieves and Plunderers in the high-wayes. I would know by what Authority I was taken from thence, and carried from place to place, I know not where? When I have understood the lawfulness of the Authority, I will make my Answer: In the mean time, re∣member that I represent your Government, your lawfull Government; and weigh well with your selves, what sins you heap on your own heads, and the anger and judgments of God which you will bring upon this land, I say seriously, weigh it before you further do proceed from one sin to a greater. Therefore declare unto me, by what lawfull Authority I sit here, and I will not refuse to Answer you. In the mean time I will not betray my trust. I have a trust committed to me by God, by an ancient and lawfull succession, I will not betray that by answering to a new and an unlawfull Authority; wherefore satisfie me in this, and you shall hear further from me.

If you had but pleased to observe what the Court did suggest unto you, when you first came hither, you had under∣stood by what Authority you were brought hither; which Au∣thority doth require of you, in the Name of the People of Atlasia, by whom you are elected Attorney General, that you make answer to them.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2023, 04:20:45 PM »

Yeah this is highly disappointing and defeats the purpose of trying to have any legal issues brought up in GM stories.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2023, 09:20:52 PM »

Honestly, if I didn’t know (not think) that it would cause chaos and strife, I’d say that if the court does not want to do it’s job they could resign. But I will leave that as a purely hypothetical line of reasoning.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2023, 01:05:45 AM »

Even by the standards of recent federal prosecutors this is… not going especially well, is it?
better than S019 did
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2023, 03:00:21 PM »

Sorry for the delay in handling this case. I've tried to get in touch with the Attorney General of the Republic of Atlasia to file a response, which has met with limited success. I will give the Republic of Atlasia until 11:59 PM EST on Wednesday, December 6th to file a response brief or formally request an extension. Absent a satisfactory response the case will proceed regardless.

That's likely because the AG deregistered:

Mr. X
De-registered

I always intended this to be a short-term return and I just have too many other things going on right now.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2024, 11:03:45 PM »

Alright, what the dickens is going on?
Green Panty raid 2.0, Hawaiian style after Laki's deregistration. Ended up being a big mess and now the seat's in contention leading to one of three possible scenarios:

A) The appointment was legitimate and Wulfric was lawfully appointed to Laki's seat, which he then resigned while a member of Peace and thus Peace has the right to appoint someone to it
B) The appointment was not legitimate, but Hui Liliʻuokalani still had the right to appoint someone which ReallySuper did, meaning HL would be the senator to the seat [while this one has some moral backing/"what laki wanted with his seat", the legal backing seems minimal which means this is the least likely scenario to pan out]
or
C) The appointment was not legitimate because either 1) "Wulfric" isn't listed on the census and/or 2) Hui Liliʻuokalani ceased to be a major party when Laki deregistered. Both of these mean that the seat is still vacant because the party didn't have the right to appoint someone, so the seat should be up for a special election.

As you can tell, it's pretty messy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies