Note
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 06:00:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Note
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Note  (Read 3095 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 07, 2009, 11:57:46 PM »

Stop trolling Hamilton, I'm getting sick of it. Here's your public warning for this part of the site. Play nice and so will I.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 11:59:55 PM »

Can you define my actions that are considered trolling? Just saying stop trolling won't suffice, as it's vague and open to many interpretations.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 12:04:18 AM »

Can you define my actions that are considered trolling? Just saying stop trolling won't suffice, as it's vague and open to many interpretations.

Oh you know what I mean but ok, fine:

1. Personal Attacks
2. Responding to personal attacks (act mature about it)
3. Posting polls/topics intending to draw people out to attack you (baiting, like your last 2 polls)
4. Anything else that would be considered trolling, I think you can figure it out. Your profile says you're 18, so you're either in college or almost there. You're old enough to know better.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 05:31:55 AM »

Seconded. I think you can do good things, don't ruin everything just because of some enmities.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 06:14:26 AM »

Stop trolling Hamilton, I'm getting sick of it. Here's your public warning for this part of the site. Play nice and so will I.
Did he do something wrong here in these forums (Atlasia) or elsewhere on the forum? If the latter, why is he getting a warning here? Also, what is the "warning" of, that you'll ban him from this part of the site? Do you have the power to do that? Where does said power come from?

I actually went to check what he posted. Beyond spamming the LNF forum (which, if a problem, the LNF will deal with) most of his posts were in another forum about the US healthcare debate.

I decided to do a little more research. It appears that you had a personal disagreement with him after the above post, in which he said "Wow. I'm not surprised to hear crappy policy coming from you, but that is especially astonishing." and you implied that crossed the line, and that you were going to try to ban him.

Frankly, its a bit worrying to see this.

A week or so ago when someone told me to take it easy on the reforms you said "Don't tell him that. Let him go crazy and screw himself over so his "reforms" don't pass." I'm not 100% certain I see the difference between Hamilton's "banworthy" comment and yours against me

except

His was made against a moderator (you) and yours was not.

Now dont get me wrong and think I like Hamilton. My single short conversation with him was enough to let me see why others do not like him.

In sum

Why the $&%$ should I care if YOU are getting sick of it? And who the hell do you think you are to issue blanket warnings like this, and bring an issue that had nothing to do with Atlasia straight into the game.

Clearly I can see two conclusions here.

First. And I know this from personal experience, and looking at just what he posted on the LNF forum and when, there is some kind of pill, probably Ritalin, that Hamilton needs to take that he's not taking.

Second. I forsee a high chance that you will try to get me banned over this post.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 06:31:04 AM »

First of all, I hardly take what MasterJedi says seriously after reading about his girl problems, I honestly don't care that he is a mod so let's get that out of the way.
Second, Teddy, I haven't spammed the LNF forum, someone else is obviously posting from my account, it isn't that hard to do when everyone is an admin. I barely even visit the LNF forum in the first place.
Third, I don't care to stop doing anything until I see equal enforcement of such "rules." As long as people like Einzige and DWTL and Marokai can say whatever they want, however they want, I, too, will do and say whatever the hell I want.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 06:37:02 AM »

Jedi trying to abuse his moderator privileges without even really being  aware of what he's doing is hardly news. The issue will eventually have to be dealt with and there's only one way of doing so, but that's for Dave to decide and for much larger numbers of people to care about before that.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 06:38:36 AM »

Actually you are right, I just checked the admin logs. Sewer is the one who needs the Ritalin then.

Also, please dont make personal attacks.

Also, I agree about the double standard. I commented on it previously, but on further research, turns out this is how Dave wants it.

Mods should act mature, and "above" the fray. The fact that they do not is why just about any thread over 3 pages in length throughout the forum eventually turns into a war of personal insults.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2009, 07:41:17 AM »

With all due respect, Nick, do you even know how many fights Hamilton has gotten into, how many people he's baited, and how many times he's been on mod review? At least twice, right?

He's a known trouble maker, almost no one but forum-anarchists dispute this.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2009, 07:42:48 AM »

With all due respect, Nick, do you even know how many fights Hamilton has gotten into, how many people he's baited, and how many times he's been on mod review? At least twice, right?

I don't start the fights.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2009, 07:47:12 AM »

Do you seriously want to make such a claim? It's a well-known fact that you've, completely unprovoked, flung insults to people such as RB out of the blue in random threads just for a reaction. You've gotten into bitch fits with several other members, including myself. It would take only 10 minutes of randomly browsing through your one thousand posts per month to figure this sort of thing out.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2009, 07:48:54 AM »

Do you seriously want to make such a claim? It's a well-known fact that you've, completely unprovoked, flung insults to people such as RB out of the blue in random threads just for a reaction. You've gotten into bitch fits with several other members, including myself. It would take only 10 minutes of randomly browsing through your one thousand posts per month to figure this sort of thing out.

Rowan throws random insults to me in random threads, including creating threads. Yes, I seriously want to make that claim. I have no reason to fight with people that haven't ever attacked me.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2009, 07:50:03 AM »

I am aware. Two wrongs, however, do not make a right. Three lefts do but that's not the issue.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2009, 07:56:31 AM »

Seconded. I think you can do good things, don't ruin everything just because of some enmities.

Yes

But why are mods always ignoring ugly behavior of people like DWTL or Rowan? This is hipocrysy
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2009, 10:32:54 AM »

Sewer is the one who needs the Ritalin then.

I take prozac.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2009, 10:55:54 AM »

Oh Teddy, you make me laugh! You're just new and excited and think that you and your ideas are so much better than everyone else. In time you'll learn that you're no better than anyone else and you'll fit in, if not I see you leaving because you won't want to live by the rules of the forum/game because you can't handle a place where you don't have power.

Oh and what gives me the right? I'm a Mod and as many know I don't try and police this area too much, but when it gets constant I'll step in. Though when I step in it seems to be "OMG a Mod is actually doing his job so he's abusing his power!!111!1". I'm not that strict, if I wanted to strictly apply the rules I could be deleting a LOT more posts. But yeah, you should care because I enforce the rules here, and unlike Dave it seems I like to try and enforce the rules.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2009, 11:53:35 AM »

Oh Teddy, you make me laugh! You're just new and excited and think that you and your ideas are so much better than everyone else. In time you'll learn that you're no better than anyone else and you'll fit in, if not I see you leaving because you won't want to live by the rules of the forum/game because you can't handle a place where you don't have power.

Oh and what gives me the right? I'm a Mod and as many know I don't try and police this area too much, but when it gets constant I'll step in. Though when I step in it seems to be "OMG a Mod is actually doing his job so he's abusing his power!!111!1". I'm not that strict, if I wanted to strictly apply the rules I could be deleting a LOT more posts. But yeah, you should care because I enforce the rules here, and unlike Dave it seems I like to try and enforce the rules.

Well, I do respect you for being honest and mature about it. However I must point out that I don't plan on going away Cheesy

Also, I apologize if I came across as a bit brash. I myself am more of the iron-fist type
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2009, 01:55:03 PM »

It would be quite nice if the no personal attacks policy was enforced, but it has to be on everyone. Hamilton is not the most guilty one of it.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2009, 02:18:53 PM »

It would be quite nice if the no personal attacks policy was enforced, but it has to be on everyone. Hamilton is not the most guilty one of it.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2009, 04:47:36 PM »

Honestly anyone who thinks what I do compares to Hamilton is blind.  I don't pick fights and I don't throw out random insults
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2009, 04:59:12 PM »

Yes

But why are mods always ignoring ugly behavior of people like DWTL or Rowan? This is hipocrysy

I suppose you don't remember the time Gustaf spent a morning deleting DWTL's post each time he posted on this board.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2009, 05:04:54 PM »

Ugly behavior? I don't have any "ugly behavior."
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2009, 05:56:17 PM »

Ugly behavior? I don't have any "ugly behavior."

Yes, you do.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2009, 06:31:56 PM »

Cite?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2009, 06:33:48 PM »

Not only do you throw insults and lies, you also post private conversations for all to see. None of those are admirable behaviors. They're actually beyond ugly.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies