Those of you that want Corzine to win...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 01:07:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Those of you that want Corzine to win...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Those of you that want Corzine to win...  (Read 1722 times)
East Coast Republican

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 03, 2009, 06:58:45 PM »

do you actually think he has been a good Governor?  Do not respond in platitudes like lesser of two evils or rethuglicans would be worse.  Soon the election will be over so there's no need for those things now (I probably just set myself up for tons of that since I said there's no need for it).

Has Governor Corzine been good for New Jersey?
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 07:10:28 PM »

Name the last great politician from New Jersey. They have come to expect scum.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 07:18:40 PM »

Name the last great Democratic politician from New Jersey. They have come to expect scum.

Corrected.

Lest we forget that New Jersey Republicans have produced some of America's greatest statesmen -  Christine Todd Whitman, Tom Kean, and Millicent Fenwick.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 07:21:22 PM »

Name the last great Democratic politician from New Jersey. They have come to expect scum.

Corrected.

Lest we forget that New Jersey Republicans have produced some of America's greatest statesmen -  Christine Todd Whitman, Tom Kean, and Millicent Fenwick.

All crap.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 07:26:22 PM »

Tom Kean and Millicent Fenwick were fantastic.  So was Brendan Byrne.

And Bill Bradley really wound up being a terrific politician and statesman.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 07:36:24 PM »

From what I've heard, no. But I don't care. Corzine winning would provide me lulz, whereas Christie winning would not.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 08:47:09 PM »

From what I've heard, no. But I don't care. Corzine winning would provide me lulz, whereas Christie winning would not.

This is true.
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 09:52:41 PM »

jersey is the poster child for democRAT corruption.  Of course so is Illinois.

And louisiana.   And new York. 

And pennsylvania.

Hmmm.  just a Crazy thot here but maybe it is not the state that is corrupt but the party.  anyone ever think of that?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 10:10:54 PM »

Corrected.

If Milicent Fenwick is fair game, might as well redeem the Democrats with Woodrow Wilson.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 10:11:34 PM »

Corrected.

If Milicent Fenwick is fair game, might as well redeem the Democrats with Woodrow Wilson.

But Wilson is one of the slimiest Presidents ever.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 10:13:24 PM »

Corrected.

Wilson was a frigid, off-putting human being, but was a man of good intentions and good ideas.  Only problem is that nobody really listened to anything he had to say.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 10:15:29 PM »

Corrected.

Wilson was a frigid, off-putting human being, but was a man of good intentions and good ideas.  Only problem is that nobody really listened to anything he had to say.

NO. Wilson was one of the most horrible Presidents ever, with horrible intentions and ideas. Segregated federal government? Federal Reserve? 16th amendment? Opposition to women's suffrage? Espionage and Sedition Acts? World War I involvement? Oh my God... the man was absolutely horrible.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2009, 10:29:25 PM »

Corrected.

Lest we forget that New Jersey Republicans have produced some of America's greatest statesmen -  Christine Todd Whitman, Tom Kean, and Millicent Fenwick.

Wilson was a frigid, off-putting human being, but was a man of good intentions and good ideas.  Only problem is that nobody really listened to anything he had to say.

NO. Wilson was one of the most horrible Presidents ever, with horrible intentions and ideas. Segregated federal government? Federal Reserve? 16th amendment? Opposition to women's suffrage? Espionage and Sedition Acts? World War I involvement? Oh my God... the man was absolutely horrible.

Wilson wasn't perfect.  He was an old bigot as was the vast majority of the people back then.  But he wasn't a corrupt NJ politician which is the question here.  

He was an intelligent man and the last strong voice of the progressive movement.  Everything you mentioned was more a product of pressure from a lousy Congress than Wilson's policies.

In fact, most of Wilson's REAL ideas would be rejected by the aforementioned Congress.  Proving to be far ahead of his time.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies