Ron Paul to visit Iowa and South Carolina
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:05:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Ron Paul to visit Iowa and South Carolina
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ron Paul to visit Iowa and South Carolina  (Read 802 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 28, 2009, 09:07:32 PM »

Gary Johnson may have some competition:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2009/10/ron-paul-gearing-up-for-2012.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 10:00:28 PM »

Ron Paul and Gary Johnson are the only two major party candidates I would consider voting for in 2012. If one of them runs, I doubt the other will.

Anyway, like Johnson, Paul would be better off starting in New Hampshire. SC isn't a bad state to target either, but the evangelical/Huckabee wing seems to really have a stranglehold over the Iowa caucus.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 11:23:49 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2009, 11:28:26 PM by True Conservative »

Ron Paul and Gary Johnson are the only two major party candidates I would consider voting for in 2012. If one of them runs, I doubt the other will.

Anyway, like Johnson, Paul would be better off starting in New Hampshire. SC isn't a bad state to target either, but the evangelical/Huckabee wing seems to really have a stranglehold over the Iowa caucus.

Seems that way. I can't see Johnson winning Iowa (or South Carolina for that matter), and he definitely won't finish ahead of Huckabee; same for Paul.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 11:35:45 PM »

I doubt Johnson could compete in SC either unless he can run up large margins in the Charleston/Columbia areas like McCain did in 2008. Otherwise, Huckabee will be tough to beat here.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 01:48:00 AM »

In 2008, Paul actually did better in Iowa than NH.  He tended to do better in caucuses than primaries.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 01:50:44 AM »

In 2008, Paul actually did better in Iowa than NH.  He tended to do better in caucuses than primaries.

Durr, Newhampshir is a libarytarian meccaa, hasnt u heard of teh Free State Projecct??
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 11:52:35 PM »

Whichever runs needs to dump all of their time and resources into New Hampshire. The South will never, ever go libertarian, but New Hampshire just might, particularly if we're still heavily invested in Iraq in 2012.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies