Civil War
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 09:03:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Civil War
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Poll
Question: Who would win in a civil war?
Republicans
Democrats
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Civil War  (Read 15638 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2004, 01:56:10 AM »

The upper mid west is also red.

Anyway, the vast majority of the country is really GOP. It's just the cities that control everything.

You mean by square mileage?  This is an absurd way to determine this...whoever controlled Alaska would almost certainly win.

If Alaska is the vast majority of the country, sure.

Bush won 2.4 million square miles. Gore won 0.5 million.

Average murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by Bush:

Average murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by Gore:

If land area is so important, I propose we admit Canada as the 51st state and let them decide all our elections.

Your murder rate statistics have been debunked.

Gore states have much lower teen pregancy and divorce rates than Bush states.

Gore states send more to DC than they get back. Bush states are welfare money sucking states.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2004, 02:08:17 AM »

That depends on how you define small towns. Some, like St. Peter are rather cultured, but most of the ones out in the rural parts I've seen basically have nothing but grain elevators and maybe a bar. I'd go crazy living there. Tough to say which is worse, that or suburbs which have nothing but a bunch of lily-white picket fence neighborhoods. yuck.

I live in what would be classified as a small city, but we have most of what Minneapolis has even though Minneapolis is obviously better. Thing is though, we are a CITY, not a TOWN. In a town I wouldn't be able to buy collector vinyls or indie film DVDs. And if I lived in a town so far away I couldn't drive to a place like here or Minneapolis to buy those things, I WOULD go insane.

Basically I'd say:

super large cities rule
progressive small cities and some towns are OK
rural America is boring as sh!t
suburbia is a cancer on society
Mr. Fresh
faulfrisch
United States
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2004, 02:09:56 AM »

Remember that art,  culture and music are in the big cities and not in the rural areas.

Culture?  Art?  and Music?  Why I think we have that here, let me check.....YUP!  Typical big city dweller believing that small towns and states have nothing to offer, you really sicken me if you are so blind as to believe that.

What can I say more about the ignorant Religious Right folks?

"They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness"
Psalm (82:5)

You quote the bible, yet you do not know the meanings of anything you quote.  Do you even know the context in which that verse is explaining?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2004, 02:10:59 AM »

Boise is hardly a small rural town, not exactly what she's talking about.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2004, 02:12:12 AM »

Democrats. We  have all the minorities, all the ex-felons, and all the criminals on our side, and therefore, all the weapons and access to said weapons.

Mr. Fresh
faulfrisch
United States
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2004, 02:13:09 AM »

Boise is hardly a small rural town, not exactly what she's talking about.

First time I've ever heard that, and no Boise isn't a small rural town.  But you have no idea how often I get that trash, furthermore I haven't lived in Boise my whole life.  In and around it, yes, but in smaller towns.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2004, 02:14:39 AM »

Back on topic, not only does Nation have a point, we also have the factories.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2004, 02:17:46 AM »

I have never spent any time at all in a small town so I could not comment on its cultural prowess.  However, the rationale/joke that Phillip extols that land is more important than people is the same type of misguiding thnking that has Wyoming getting like 10 times more anti-terrorits funding than New York.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2004, 02:19:45 AM »

Democrats. We  have all the minorities, all the ex-felons, and all the criminals on our side, and therefore, all the weapons and access to said weapons.

Are all minorities criminals and ex-felons or is that just an awkward sentence?
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2004, 02:20:15 AM »

It was meant to (kind of) be a joke.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2004, 02:22:31 AM »

Just poking fun.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2004, 02:25:45 AM »

Yeah, why wait for the terrorist to smash our country to pieces and kill millions of our fellow citizens when we can just do it ourselves, Philip?
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2004, 02:26:34 AM »

Ah but who owns those factories? Business men! And, we have most of the Engineers so they can build super computers to run the factories! Tongue
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2004, 02:28:20 AM »

Ah but who owns those factories? Business men! And, we have most of the Engineers so they can build super computers to run the factories! Tongue

I'll get my boys in Harlem to bust a !@#$ing cap in your !@# before your engineers get out of their cubicles.

Ooh, that's right. Democrats win.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2004, 02:30:33 AM »

The unionists would kill thier bosses and seize the factories. Just like Marx said. And like he said, he would win.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2004, 02:36:04 AM »

side note: another serious problem with rural areas and sterile suburbia is a lack of available and easy women.

In my city if you want a lay on a weekend night all you need to do is take a short walk around town and maybe visit an apartment complex or two, you'll find someone. probably not a good idea with our syphillis rate, but it's possible. try that in the middle of nowhere or a place where every house houses a married couple with 2.5 children.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2004, 02:38:24 AM »

The unionists would kill thier bosses and seize the factories. Just like Marx said. And like he said, he would win.

Finally, some honesty about what would happen if the Liberal North was Left to its own designs.

And BRTD, can you at least pretend to be a Menshevik for the purposes of debate?  It would make it easier for peopel to take you seriously.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2004, 02:40:02 AM »

side note: another serious problem with rural areas and sterile suburbia is a lack of available and easy women.

In my city if you want a lay on a weekend night all you need to do is take a short walk around town and maybe visit an apartment complex or two, you'll find someone. probably not a good idea with our syphillis rate, but it's possible. try that in the middle of nowhere or a place where every house houses a married couple with 2.5 children.

Your 20.  When you are 20 years old, a quick lay is available almost anywhere.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2004, 02:40:39 AM »

It was not a serious comment, just a rebuttal to the point that Republican bosses own the factories which in itself was not a serious comment. It's pretty funny if you're taking this thread seriously.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2004, 02:42:12 AM »

It was not a serious comment, just a rebuttal to the point that Republican bosses own the factories which in itself was not a serious comment. It's pretty funny if you're taking this thread seriously.

Well, I'm not really.  I'm just taking Phillip seriously.

And I am acttually concerned about the possibility.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2004, 02:43:10 AM »

I just came back from Sioux Falls awhile ago. I can't think of anywhere between here and Sioux Falls where it's possible, except maybe Worthington. Hell the streets were mostly empty on my way back and I was the only car out on the road in most of those towns.

And my aunt lives in a cushy suburb called Savage. Judging from my visits there, it's very unlikely unless you're into adulterous housewives.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2004, 02:45:02 AM »

I just came back from Sioux Falls awhile ago. I can't think of anywhere between here and Sioux Falls where it's possible, except maybe Worthington. Hell the streets were mostly empty on my way back and I was the only car out on the road in most of those towns.

And my aunt lives in a cushy suburb called Savage. Judging from my visits there, it's very unlikely unless you're into adulterous housewives.

Aren't many 20 year old house wives running around.  There is plenty of tail in my hometown.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2004, 02:46:10 AM »

I'll repeat my point.

If there are one million people spread out in these blue states and seven billion people in these red states, the vast majority of the country is GOP territory.

You think 7 billion people in one area should be able to completely rule a million people in a totally different area?

I would seriously like the northeast to secede. As for civil war, that's not necessary.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2004, 02:46:16 AM »

Finally, some honesty about what would happen if the Liberal North was Left to its own designs.

And BRTD, can you at least pretend to be a Menshevik for the purposes of debate?  It would make it easier for peopel to take you seriously.

Iknow this is all just a semantic exercise but most American Union members are not leftists.  They protested against anti-war protestors in the 1960's, a good deal voted for Reagan etc.  On the whole, union members are probably a little to the left economically compared to the rest of the nation and perhaps a little right or aligned on social issues.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2004, 02:46:38 AM »

That's my point, no one lives in Savage except married couples with 2.5 children that drive SUVs.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies