Opinion of FOX News
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 09:29:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Opinion of FOX News
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Opinion of FOX News
Freedom Nework

Horrible Network

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 68

Author Topic: Opinion of FOX News  (Read 3464 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2009, 09:57:20 AM »

Well MSNBC is just as bad!  (Sorry, I had to.)  Fox News has progressives -- Bob Beckel, Kirsten Powers, Juan Williams, Mara Liasson, for example -- on for a comment during almost every show.  While Hannity and O'Reilly are quite obnoxious, they allow opposing viewpoints on their programs.  Cavuto consistently has someone on to counter him.  

For the record, I watch CNN.  I don't mind Cavuto, Smith, and Baier...but cannot tolerate Beck, Hannity, or O'Reilly. 

I'm just as frustrated with MSNBC as with Fox.  I would suggest that Fox has just about every single show HOSTED by a far right hack.  Shep would be one exception.  He is a mainstream conservative who can be conciliatory and thoughtful.  Fox does employ some token moderates as commentators like Juan Williams.  Alan Colmes is the only liberal there and I've not seen him in awhile.  Mara Liasson is neither liberal nor conservative...just an analyst.  MSNBC has every prime time slot hosted by a far left hack. Joe Scarborough is an actual mainstream conservative who hosts.  (A host controls the program, the flow of conversation and usually has much control over content, guests and so on.)

During the midday, however, MSNBC shows are hosted by decidedly balanced hosts. Fox uses hacks almost 24-7, save the aforementioned Shepherd Smith.

I do have to say I have seen Sean Hannity treat liberal guests (on those rare occasions when he has them on) with respect -- IF -- said guest is someone with some heft. On MSNBC, while Rachel Maddow is a hack, she is also quite respectful to her liberal guests.  Olbermann doesn't even bother trying.  Ed Schulz regularly has Ernest Istook on both his radio and TV show and is quite generous to "Ernie", as he calls him.

But bottom line -- 90% of what airs on both networks is NOT news.

Now, if one wants to discuss professional journalism, National Public Radio is an excellent model. My only beef with them is the amount of coverage devoted to the arts and entertainment.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies