IL-Gov: Most hilarious campaign ads ever?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:09:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-Gov: Most hilarious campaign ads ever?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IL-Gov: Most hilarious campaign ads ever?  (Read 1154 times)
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 21, 2009, 05:54:59 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE-n_KhrqQw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zpc7Pb4yPyE

That's gotta be pretty wierd if you're only half paying attention during the commercials.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 06:02:04 PM »

if you're talking about ANY ad, including a web ad, Georgia's already won the price for the rest of this decade [see my thread down the board]

oh man, those would make horrible TV ads, I hope he's not running it on TV
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 06:40:07 PM »

I actually think these are very clever.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 06:48:26 PM »

they're catchy, but you think it's an Olive Garden ad before he turns to you, when the question disappears and you don't know what he's telling you to stop. 
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 06:51:09 PM »

they're catchy, but you think it's an Olive Garden ad before he turns to you, when the question disappears and you don't know what he's telling you to stop. 

Yea, I see your point, but then you just pay attention next time it's on and get the joke. I mean, no TV ad is designed to be a one-shot extremely effective ad (except in TeeVee shows and movies of course). It's all about forcing the voter to see it 87 times and driving the message/name recognition into them.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 07:06:48 PM »

Trust me, no one in the Chicago media market is gonna see that ad 87 times.... I see your point though....maybe if like Dan Hynes ran that campaign it'd work better.

Do I have a better idea for an ad campaign for the guy?  Nope.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 09:12:34 PM »

It's a cool ad. If they had a narrator voice over the question, then I think it would be more effective. Otherwise someone not paying attention will just hear generic music and "NO" or "STOP IT", like the posters above have pointed out.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 09:23:37 PM »

the add would be best as a 30 second ad, where it started for like a couple seconds like an Olive Garden ad, and then four seconds in, something dramatic happens, like the waiter flips over the table, and then a narrator intervenes, asks the question "What do you think about new spending in government?" her calmly looks over at the screen, says "No!" and then the entire scene rewinds until the eating scene and he finishes eating & chatting with his friends

y'know?
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 01:28:10 AM »

the add would be best as a 30 second ad, where it started for like a couple seconds like an Olive Garden ad, and then four seconds in, something dramatic happens, like the waiter flips over the table, and then a narrator intervenes, asks the question "What do you think about new spending in government?" her calmly looks over at the screen, says "No!" and then the entire scene rewinds until the eating scene and he finishes eating & chatting with his friends

y'know?

Is the waiter flipping over the table supposed to be metaphorical? Or just to grab the viewer's attention?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 01:45:22 AM »

I think the two may be intended to be run back-to-back. Commercials do that sometimes. If so, what the viewer doesn't pick up the first time they'll see the second time!
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 10:13:02 AM »

y'know?

Is the waiter flipping over the table supposed to be metaphorical? Or just to grab the viewer's attention?

Something exciting to make the viewer realize that this isn't an olive garden commercial before the ask the question and have him calmly answer
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies