Abolish Regional Senate Seats
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:09:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Abolish Regional Senate Seats
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Author Topic: Abolish Regional Senate Seats  (Read 21529 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2009, 11:03:01 PM »

That's the irony of this whole debate - the people decrying strategic registrations and proposing the only solution is the abolition of regional senate seats are actually guilty of this themselves, having registered in regions other than where they actually live. They'd have much more credibility if they weren't doing what they complain about others doing.

There's nothing wrong with registering in a state where you don't actually live.

There is something wrong with manipulating the make-up of the electorate through systematic strategic registration.  Whoever our "mystery man" is has done a very bad job of covering their tracks.

that bgwah... why did he have nclib sign up to vote for benconstine?

I don't think Bgwah is that big of a fan of Ben to actually register voters for him.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2009, 11:51:06 PM »

That's the irony of this whole debate - the people decrying strategic registrations and proposing the only solution is the abolition of regional senate seats are actually guilty of this themselves, having registered in regions other than where they actually live. They'd have much more credibility if they weren't doing what they complain about others doing.

There's nothing wrong with registering in a state where you don't actually live.

There is something wrong with manipulating the make-up of the electorate through systematic strategic registration.  Whoever our "mystery man" is has done a very bad job of covering their tracks.

Why would bgwah sign up voters to vote for another party?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2009, 11:52:29 PM »

To hurt the PCs.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #128 on: October 14, 2009, 11:53:21 PM »

Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #129 on: October 14, 2009, 11:56:13 PM »

To hurt the PCs.

I highly doubt Ben will be voting much different than Tmth in the senate except for being more protectionist perhaps.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #130 on: October 14, 2009, 11:56:39 PM »

To hurt the PCs.

I highly doubt Ben will be voting much different than Tmth in the senate except for being more protectionist perhaps.

Ben is voting for Lief over his own party.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #131 on: October 14, 2009, 11:57:33 PM »

To hurt the PCs.

So?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: October 14, 2009, 11:58:06 PM »

To hurt the PCs.

So?

That's all I got. I'm not a mind reader and I don't really care what they do.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #133 on: October 19, 2009, 03:35:38 AM »

x JOSE
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #134 on: October 19, 2009, 04:16:36 AM »

Also Max is running for Governor of the Pacific and I'm running for Lt. Governor. You should have moved to the pacific. Tongue

Though I wonder... Isn't this basically a desire for strategic registration on Marokai's behalf? Sure looks like it. So bourgeoisie.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #135 on: October 19, 2009, 04:43:50 AM »

Also Max is running for Governor of the Pacific and I'm running for Lt. Governor. You should have moved to the pacific. Tongue

Though I wonder... Isn't this basically a desire for strategic registration on Marokai's behalf? Sure looks like it. So bourgeoisie.

Remember when I called you a chameleon? Yeah, pretty apt now, if it wasn't before.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #136 on: October 19, 2009, 09:34:29 AM »

Huh
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #137 on: October 19, 2009, 09:50:02 AM »

Remember when I called you a chameleon? Yeah, pretty apt now, if it wasn't before.

No. This isn't actual legislative policy, this is game play and it only benefits a group that doesn't deserve it at all.
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #138 on: October 19, 2009, 01:09:43 PM »

Why not reduce the regions to three? And have 7 at-large senate seats, split in two election cycle. Cycle A: would elected three Senators every three months starting with January(Jan, April, July, Oct). Cycle B: would elected four Senators every three months starting with February(Feb, May, August, Nov). Then you have your Regional Senate Seats every three months starting with March(March, June, Sept, Dec). Then your President race would be every four months starting with January(Jan, May, September)

So it would look like this:

Jan: President Race, Class A Senate Seat elections
Feb: Class B Senate Seat elections
March: Regional Senate Seat races
April: Class A Senate Seat elections
May: President Race, Class B Senate seat elections
June: Regional Senate seat races
July: Class A Senate Seat elections
Aug: Class B Senate Seat elections
Sept: President Race, Regional Senate Seat races
Oct: Class A Senate Seat elections
Nov: Class B Senate Seat elections
Dec: Regional Senate Seat races.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #139 on: October 19, 2009, 01:11:01 PM »

Why not reduce the regions to three? And have 7 at-large senate seats, split in two election cycle. Cycle A: would elected three Senators every three months starting with January(Jan, April, July, Oct). Cycle B: would elected four Senators every three months starting with February(Feb, May, August, Nov). Then you have your Regional Senate Seats every three months starting with March(March, June, Sept, Dec). Then your President race would be every four months starting with January(Jan, May, September)

Not this "reduce the regions" stuff again. We can hardly agree on minor changes, not to mention overhauling the region system. Just think, for a moment, how much work that would entail.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: October 19, 2009, 02:06:19 PM »

A map like this would be good:

Purple Region:
Total members: 67 people

Party Percentage:
PCP: 33% (22)
JCP: 27% (18)
DA: 16% (11)
LNF: 9% (6)
Other: 15% (10)

Yellow Region
Total Members: 55 people

Party Percentage:
PCP: 27% (15)
JCP: 38% (21)
DA: 9% (5)
LNF: 7 (4)
Other: 18% (10)

Blue Region
Total Members: 45 people

Party Percentage:
PCP: 31% (14)
JCP: 33% (15)
DA: 2% (1)
LNF: 7% (3)
Other: 27% (12)

Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #141 on: October 19, 2009, 02:11:34 PM »

I don't question the ability to actually crunch the numbers, but good luck convincing any of the regions to go along with it. It isn't politically viable, much less so than the other proposals on the table.

Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily support or oppose this. It just seems like an insurmountable atmosphere at the moment.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: October 19, 2009, 02:15:07 PM »

I don't question the ability to actually crunch the numbers, but good luck convincing any of the regions to go along with it. It isn't politically viable, much less so than the other proposals on the table.

Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily support or oppose this. It just seems like an insurmountable atmosphere at the moment.

I understand, I was just bored Smiley

But, this would make the Regional elections more of a toss-up and fun, IMO
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #143 on: October 19, 2009, 02:18:56 PM »

Likely. Of course, then there is the question how you rebalance At-Large and Regional Senate seats.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #144 on: October 19, 2009, 02:24:38 PM »

Likely. Of course, then there is the question how you rebalance At-Large and Regional Senate seats.

Or you could elected two per region and 4 at-large.  This is all just talk, because things will never change and regions will stay boring as heck, because some don't want to change the regions.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: October 19, 2009, 03:12:13 PM »

I like Dan/Josh's proposal. It's creative. Maybe could use some tweaking but it seems pretty well thought out. His numbers are off, though, as he is including many inactive members that have yet to be deregistered but clearly won't be voting. Only if the purple region kept the Northeast Government and the Yellow Region kept the Mideast, of course.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #146 on: October 19, 2009, 03:30:22 PM »

No thanks.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #147 on: October 19, 2009, 03:32:19 PM »

No thanks.

You can't just say that. Give a reason. I think there is no reason to change the Presidential election months when we could easily switch the Senate seats.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #148 on: October 19, 2009, 03:37:49 PM »

No thanks.

You can't just say that. Give a reason. I think there is no reason to change the Presidential election months when we could easily switch the Senate seats.

I oppose any plan to modify the regions.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #149 on: October 19, 2009, 03:45:51 PM »

I'm against an idea of abolition of regional seats
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies