Speech on Mexican Immigrants
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:34:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Speech on Mexican Immigrants
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Speech on Mexican Immigrants  (Read 536 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 08, 2009, 08:40:46 AM »

All occupations which demand little or no skill are open to the Mexicans. Of course, the dissolute, volatile, and drunken Mexicans are unfitted for tasks which demand either a regular apprenticeship or that degree of skill which can only be secured by a long period of unremitting application to one's job

The Mexicans have also brought with them filth and intemperance. Dirty habits, which have become second nature to the Mexicans, do no great harm in the countryside where the population is scattered. On the other hand, the dangerous situation which develops when such habits are practised among the crowded population of big cities, must arouse feelings of apprehension and disgust. Among the nasty habits which the Mexicans have brought with them is that of emptying all their filth and refuse out of the front door, and this causes filthy puddles and heaps of garbage to accumulate and so a whole district is rapidly polluted. The Mexicans have brought with them the habit of building pigsties immediately adjacent to their houses. If that is not possible, the Mexican allows the pig to shares his own sleeping quarters. This new, abnormal method of rearing livestock in the large towns is entirely of Mexican origin. The Mexican loves his pig as much as the Arab loves his horse. The only difference is that the Mexican sells his pig when it is fat enough for slaughter. The Mexican eats and sleeps with his pig, the children play with the pig, ride on its back and roll about in the filth with it.

Two things make life supportable to the Mexican - his tequila and his lively, happy-go-lucky disposition. He drinks himself into a state of brutish intoxication. Everything combines to drive the Mexican to drink - his light-hearted temperament, akin to that of the Irish, his coarseness, which drags him virtually to the level of a savage, his contempt for normal human pleasures, which he is incapable of appreciating because of his degraded condition, combined with his dirty habits and his abject poverty. The temptation is so great, that he cannot resist it; whenever he has any money in his pocket he tosses it down his throat in the form of whiskey. What else is to be expected?

So it is not surprising that a social class already degraded by capitalism and its immediate consequences should be still further degraded by having to live alongside and compete with the uncivilised Mexicans.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 08:46:09 AM »

I feel like I'm being wooshed, but I'm not sure how. 

(not like that's never happened before)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 08:51:36 AM »

Al, supposedly the champion of the worker, is pulling a page right out of the bourgeois playbook: setting worker against worker, on the question of race, ethnicity or religion. All workers are brothers, and plots to divide us are nothing more than the pathetic flailings of the dying capitalist parasite system. True supporters of the noble Atlasian worker should reject Al's hollow ramblings.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 09:06:52 AM »

Al, supposedly the champion of the worker, is pulling a page right out of the bourgeois playbook: setting worker against worker, on the question of race, ethnicity or religion. All workers are brothers, and plots to divide us are nothing more than the pathetic flailings of the dying capitalist parasite system. True supporters of the noble Atlasian worker should reject Al's hollow ramblings.

Hear, hear comrade!
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 10:02:36 AM »

Who's that you're quoting, again? Carlyle? What a bourgeois writer to have read, comrade.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 11:02:53 AM »

Who's that you're quoting, again? Carlyle? What a bourgeois writer to have read, comrade.

Carlyle would indeed be an appallingly bourgeois writer to have read. I, however, did not read Carlyle, comrade, as I do not read the ramblings of reactionary hacks of the early period capitalist state. But I do read Engels, comrade.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 12:58:58 PM »

Carlyle would indeed be an appallingly bourgeois writer to have read. I, however, did not read Carlyle, comrade, as I do not read the ramblings of reactionary hacks of the early period capitalist state. But I do read Engels, comrade.

Sounds like something Keir Hardie would say...
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 04:30:28 PM »

If I was Mexican or of any Hispanic orgin I would be mildly offended, actually I would darn right pissed off. Lucky for Al that I am not.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies