ProCon October 2009 Convention in Indianapolis (Voting on Platform)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 03:09:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ProCon October 2009 Convention in Indianapolis (Voting on Platform)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 41
Author Topic: ProCon October 2009 Convention in Indianapolis (Voting on Platform)  (Read 90142 times)
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 03, 2009, 08:17:31 PM »

Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #126 on: October 03, 2009, 08:19:02 PM »

A name change also represents a change in outlook and perspective. I am at the understanding that the RPP wishes to rebrand itself to acknowledge a new era in Atlasian politics
It would be idiotic to repudiate the great heritage of the Regional Protection Party for such an inane caprice. If we change our name to Liberal Conservative Party our only new "outlook and perspective" will be contradiction, vacuity, and spinelessness. Why don't we become the Progressive Reactionary Party or some other meaningless oxymoron?

No. A name change that better represents shows we have enough of a spine to stand up to the old in order to move forward with the new.
Oh quit the platitudes. The only thing a new name as pathetic as the one proposed would signify is appeasement of the RPP's opponents.

We don't need to appease opponents. We need to represent ourselves.
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

« Reply #127 on: October 03, 2009, 08:21:12 PM »

A name change also represents a change in outlook and perspective. I am at the understanding that the RPP wishes to rebrand itself to acknowledge a new era in Atlasian politics
It would be idiotic to repudiate the great heritage of the Regional Protection Party for such an inane caprice. If we change our name to Liberal Conservative Party our only new "outlook and perspective" will be contradiction, vacuity, and spinelessness. Why don't we become the Progressive Reactionary Party or some other meaningless oxymoron?

No. A name change that better represents shows we have enough of a spine to stand up to the old in order to move forward with the new.
Oh quit the platitudes. The only thing a new name as pathetic as the one proposed would signify is appeasement of the RPP's opponents.

I believe all of us in the party are in favor of region's rights. Hence Regional Protection Party represents us perfectly.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #128 on: October 03, 2009, 08:22:47 PM »

I believe all of us in the party are in favor of region's rights. Hence Regional Protection Party represents us perfectly.

Ask our sitting Senators, opponents of regional rights. A lot of people do not support the name because the assault on regions is long dead. Regions are here to stay. We need to move on to a more pressing political standpoint to maintain relevance,
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #129 on: October 03, 2009, 08:23:04 PM »

Liberal Conservative may represent you, but it doesn't represent us a whole. This isn't the Hamilton Party.
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix

« Reply #130 on: October 03, 2009, 08:27:09 PM »

The Senator is right. There is no majority for changing the party's name to "Liberal Conservative", so clearly our party members do not feel represented by that fatuous absurdity.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #131 on: October 03, 2009, 08:28:06 PM »

Liberal Conservative may represent you, but it doesn't represent us a whole. This isn't the Hamilton Party.

Cut the us. You aren't welcome. You are a multiple-time traitor, and a terrible Senator. We don't want you.
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: October 03, 2009, 08:29:25 PM »

Cut the us. You aren't welcome. You are a multiple-time traitor, and a terrible Senator. We don't want you.
Attacking him doesn't change the fact that the majority of RPPers don't want a name change.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #133 on: October 03, 2009, 08:30:09 PM »

Attacking him doesn't change the fact that the majority of RPPers don't want a name change.

The RPP wants a name change. The elitist founders may oppose, but a large number support changing the name.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #134 on: October 03, 2009, 08:31:05 PM »

Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix

« Reply #135 on: October 03, 2009, 08:31:26 PM »

The RPP wants a name change. The elitist founders may oppose, but a large number support changing the name.
Do you have a vote tally?
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #136 on: October 03, 2009, 08:31:46 PM »

I love how Hamilton uses "we" when talking about himself. Dude, you have major personality issues. Seek help, please.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #137 on: October 03, 2009, 08:32:56 PM »

I love how Hamilton uses "we" when talking about himself. Dude, you have major personality issues. Seek help, please.

If you could see the private board (which you can't) you'd agree with what I just said.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: October 03, 2009, 08:34:02 PM »

If you could see the private board (which you can't) you'd agree with what I just said.

LOL. Okay, dude.
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix

« Reply #139 on: October 03, 2009, 08:34:10 PM »

A blatant lie. There is clearly NO MAJORITY for changing the name, and accusing your opponents of being "elitists" doesn't make their votes invalid.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: October 03, 2009, 08:35:45 PM »

A blatant lie. There is clearly NO MAJORITY for changing the name, and accusing your opponents of being "elitists" doesn't make their votes invalid.

Not true. Chairman or vice call a vote.

And funny, to come from a Southerner. Great vote counters. Especially with that regional legislature.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #141 on: October 03, 2009, 08:37:11 PM »

Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: October 03, 2009, 08:39:14 PM »

And funny, to come from a Southerner. Great vote counters. Especially with that regional legislature.
How the hell dare you mock the birth place of the party? Why are you even in the party? You clearly aren't a conservative, your commitment to regional rights is suspect, and you want to erase all our of party's heritage by changing its name to an asinine oxymoron.

I too call for a vote. This stupidity has to end.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #143 on: October 03, 2009, 08:40:19 PM »

How the hell dare you mock the birth place of the party? Why are you even in the party? You clearly aren't a conservative, your commitment to regional rights is suspect, and you want to erase all our of party's heritage by changing its name to an asinine oxymoron.

I too call for a vote to be taken forthwith. This stupidity has to end.

Well, if the SE "leadership" decided to ever take the initiative to implement "reform." Well, they haven't obviously. They neglected to turn out the votes necessary to bring a legislature, though they were there from the beginning.
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix

« Reply #144 on: October 03, 2009, 08:41:51 PM »

Well, if the SE "leadership" decided to ever take the initiative to implement "reform." Well, they haven't obviously. They neglected to turn out the votes necessary to bring a legislature, though they were there from the beginning.
You're woefully misinformed, I'm afraid.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #145 on: October 03, 2009, 08:42:04 PM »

I hereby open a vote available to all registered members of the RPP:

Should the Regional Protection Party reject its current name and instead consider new names to be voted on if this motion is successful?

Voting closes in 48 hours. No exceptions.
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix

« Reply #146 on: October 03, 2009, 08:42:31 PM »

NAY
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #147 on: October 03, 2009, 08:42:47 PM »

You're woefully misinformed, I'm afraid.

Wow. You're governor! You should know your region better than that. You had at least 2 RPPers that didn't show up, and one that only showed because I PMed them.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #148 on: October 03, 2009, 08:43:24 PM »

NAY
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix