Rasmussen: Blanche Lincoln trailing all no-name challengers
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 11:19:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  Rasmussen: Blanche Lincoln trailing all no-name challengers
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rasmussen: Blanche Lincoln trailing all no-name challengers  (Read 5964 times)
BM
BeccaM
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 29, 2009, 06:05:58 PM »
« edited: September 29, 2009, 06:08:58 PM by BeccaM »

Kim Hendren 44%
Blanche Lincoln 41%

Gilbert Baker 47%
Blanche Lincoln 39%

Curtis Coleman 43%
Blanche Lincoln 41%

Tom Cox 43%
Blanche Lincoln 40%

Lincoln favorables: 26/28

I still think she's favored but wow...26% favorability going in to a 3rd term.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 06:18:43 PM »

I think it is still lean dem. But Arkansas is moving right. It would be a surprising pickup.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 12:11:06 AM »

That's what she gets for voting against the public option.  These idiot blue dogs have let a loud portion of the GOP base twist their arms into blocking major healthcare reform when its their constituents who actually stand the most to gain.  I just don't understand it. 
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 12:34:35 AM »

Well, if you piss off base, you usually lose.  I dont think many Democrats will be shedding tears when Blanche Lincoln loses. 
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 03:05:10 AM »

I can't wait until November when we can see in Virginia if these likely voter models that are GOP+9 or 10 on 2008 are bs or not. Until said time I am not putting much trust in any except maybe PPP because they are transparent. Not great but transparent.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 06:46:49 AM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090930/ap_on_go_co/us_health_overhaul_abstinence

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So, you think voting like a Republican will help you, Blanche?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 08:24:37 AM »

Blanche is one of the many examples of what is wrong with the Democratic Party.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 08:33:19 AM »

I think it's funny that people think Blanche Lincoln is going to lose because she doesn't excite the base or is too much like a Republican.  Her problem is that Obama is a Democrat, she's a Democrat, and that she represents Arkansas as a Democrat.

Are we really surprised that Arkansas is finally acting the way Presidential results have suggested it should for a decade now?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 09:20:58 AM »
« Edited: September 30, 2009, 09:23:22 AM by WEB Dubois »

The GOP had no one to challenge Pryor last year when the state was titing rightward, as a result Blanche Lincoln is being challenged heavily. And it isn't as many Democratic voters now that it once was.
SamInTheSouth

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 08:15:48 PM »

Wow, the excuses being thrown out here.  The bottom line is Obama and the Democrats are pissing off the public with their reckless spending, health care proposals that the public does not support, and their job killing policies.  Lincoln is paying the price for her association with that party, just like many centrist Republicans paid the price in 06 and 08 for the GOP's unpopularity.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 08:22:39 PM »

I think it's funny that people think Blanche Lincoln is going to lose because she doesn't excite the base or is too much like a Republican.  Her problem is that Obama is a Democrat, she's a Democrat, and that she represents Arkansas as a Democrat.

Are we really surprised that Arkansas is finally acting the way Presidential results have suggested it should for a decade now?

And yet Mike Beebe is cruising to re-election.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 08:24:16 PM »

As much as I love Blanche Lincoln, her recent votes have really upset me.  I don't see her losing, though.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 09:08:31 PM »

Wow, the excuses being thrown out here.  The bottom line is Obama and the Democrats are pissing off the public with their reckless spending, health care proposals that the public does not support, and their job killing policies.  Lincoln is paying the price for her association with that party, just like many centrist Republicans paid the price in 06 and 08 for the GOP's unpopularity.
No, the only people pissed off by Obama's policies are the same 46% who voted against him last year anyway, only now they're more pissed off and loud at town halls than ever. The loss of support comes primarily from perception of Obama as ineffective at getting policies passed or being just another politician.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 09:27:18 PM »

Good riddance. Maybe next time we elect a Democratic senator from Arkansas they'll vote the way their constituents want, not the way their insurance donors tell them to.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2009, 09:59:42 PM »

He's not in a federal office wtf
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 10:25:55 PM »

And Bill Weld won over 70.8% of the vote here in MA as a Republican.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, 06:55:03 AM »

Okay, fine, substitute Mike Ross/Marion Berry/Vic Snyder.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2009, 08:04:58 AM »

Okay, fine, substitute Mike Ross/Marion Berry/Vic Snyder.

Okay, let's substitute.  What kind of poll numbers do they have?
nkpatel1279
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 09:36:38 AM »

Mike Ross-D and Marion Berry-D represent rural Conservative Democratic Congressional Districts- they behave like Good Ole Boys- they are popular in their districts. Vic Snyder- represents the Little Rock area- which is less insane than the rest of Arkansas. Mark Pryor is the son of David Pryor- who was a popular former Governor and US Senator of AR. and Mike Beebe is a Good old boy politician. Blanche Lincoln does not have a base- She is unpopular with liberals and conservatives will vote against her because she is a Democrat. In Lincoln's previous races- she got elected and re-elected with 55% of the popular vote against wingnut GOP opponents.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 12:22:34 PM »

Good riddance. Maybe next time we elect a Democratic senator from Arkansas they'll vote the way their constituents want, not the way their insurance donors tell them to.

While grossly disappointed (but not entirely surprised) in Lincoln's vote against public option, I will gladly take someone like her who supports Obama's agenda 60-70% of the time vs. any Arkansas Republican who will likely do so only 0-5% of the time.

Before progressives get too hopeful of a primary challenge the only real primary threat to Lincoln is from the right, which is quite indicative of the chances of Arkansas electing someone better than Lincoln anytime soon.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2009, 12:26:05 PM »

Blanche has always been a weak candidate (I mean, with that name it was kind of inevitable, wasn't it) so this is dim syndod.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies