Northeast Assembly Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:10:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 ... 239
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Thread  (Read 381007 times)
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4800 on: October 16, 2011, 06:29:31 PM »

No, I just prefer having appointments for vacancies.  I would oppose this whether it were written by Napoleon or Morgan.

That actually surprises me.  I would of that that you would be an ardent supporter of a special election.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4801 on: October 16, 2011, 08:21:13 PM »

Voting has ended.  The Ayes are 5, and Nays are 1.  The bill passes.  The Assembly will now consider the bill sponsored by the Rep from PA.  Debate will last 48 hours;

Political Donation Disclosure Act of 2011

1. All persons running for any office in the Northeast are hereby required to report the amount of money raised per week in their campaign thread.

2. If a candidate chooses not to start a campaign thread, they must report their donations to the Governor of the region.

3. If a candidate is found to be improperly raising money either through bribery or other politically dishonest means, the candidate is to be penalized via a fine, which shall be decided upon by the adjourned Northeast Assembly.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #4802 on: October 16, 2011, 08:33:12 PM »

I sort of like the concept of this bill, except why would the governor be entrusted to this kind of information if no one else is allowed to know about it?  And I'm not sure if this law would apply to everyone.  Personally, I don't do fundraisers. Wink
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #4803 on: October 16, 2011, 09:59:00 PM »

Since when did we raise money?
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #4804 on: October 17, 2011, 08:06:18 AM »

shhhhh Tongue
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4805 on: October 17, 2011, 02:42:11 PM »

Officially?  We really don't.  Which is why this bill gives campaigners something to do.  I'm in favor of it. 
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #4806 on: October 17, 2011, 06:05:29 PM »

No, I just prefer having appointments for vacancies.  I would oppose this whether it were written by Napoleon or Morgan.

Yay someone said my name.  Tongue

Sorry for missing another vote, guys.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4807 on: October 18, 2011, 09:03:27 PM »

Debate has ended.  The Assembly will now vote on the bill in question.  Voting will last 24 hours.  The final bill reads as follows;

Political Donation Disclosure Act of 2011

1. All persons running for any office in the Northeast are hereby required to report the amount of money raised per week in their campaign thread.

2. If a candidate chooses not to start a campaign thread, they must report their donations to the Governor of the region.

3. If a candidate is found to be improperly raising money either through bribery or other politically dishonest means, the candidate is to be penalized via a fine, which shall be decided upon by the adjourned Northeast Assembly.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4808 on: October 18, 2011, 09:03:54 PM »

Aye
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4809 on: October 18, 2011, 11:39:03 PM »

I'm really kinda neutral on this.  Abstain.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #4810 on: October 19, 2011, 01:00:49 AM »

Nay
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4811 on: October 19, 2011, 07:45:10 AM »

Aye.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4812 on: October 19, 2011, 03:47:39 PM »

Abstain.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4813 on: October 19, 2011, 09:01:05 PM »

Voting has ended.  The Ayes are 2, Nays are 1, with 2 abstentions.  The bill passes.  The Assembly will now consider the bill sponsored by the Rep from CT.  Debate will last 48 hours;

The Healthy Students Act of 2011

A BILL to promote healthy lifestyles in Northeast schools.

All standards are applicable at the start of the next school year.

Section 1.) Condoms
1. All schools in the Northeast, public and private, are hereby permitted to dispense condoms for students.

2. Condoms may be dispensed in the nurse's office or restrooms.

Section 2.) Medication
1. Students are permitted to bring in and keep any medication, prescription and non-prescription, at schools in the nurse's office.
2. All medication must be appropriately labeled by kind of medication and student name.
3. Students may not request medication that belongs to another student.

Section 3.) Physical Education
1. Public school students shall be required to take physical education classes through years K-12.

Section 4.) Time
1. All high schools in the Northeast may begin no earlier than 8:30 AM each day.

Section 5.) Lunch
1. TV dinners and prepackaged meals are hereby prohibited from being served in school lunchrooms.  All lunches must be fully prepared by cafeteria workers.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4814 on: October 19, 2011, 09:17:35 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That's basically what I have to say for this.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4815 on: October 20, 2011, 10:38:03 PM »

I'm not sure it's a great idea to put condoms in restrooms. Those places tend to be filthy in schools.

Out of curiosity, is this intended to permit a K-5 or K-8 school to provide condoms as well as 6-8 and 9-12 ones?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4816 on: October 20, 2011, 11:00:24 PM »

I'm not sure it's a great idea to put condoms in restrooms. Those places tend to be filthy in schools.

Out of curiosity, is this intended to permit a K-5 or K-8 school to provide condoms as well as 6-8 and 9-12 ones?

I specified them for bathrooms so that students would feel more comfortable grabbing condoms without having to go through the awkwardness of asking the nurse or taking some in a place where so many people can see them.

Not exactly.  This is definitely targeted for high school students.  Do you feel we should amend the bill so that it's only for high schools?
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4817 on: October 21, 2011, 06:12:26 AM »

For sure.  Kids these days are prone to abusing a dispenser, in manner unfit for discussion.  I can see a school nurse being permitted to hand them out, but that's all.

I don't have a bad feeling about this bill as a whole, but I'm not particularly fond of Section 4 and 5.  I started school at 7:50 every day from 6-12, and I thought it was fine.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4818 on: October 21, 2011, 08:12:46 AM »

I oppose condoms in restrooms at schools for the reasons Nathan gave. The Nurse's office is a more sanitary place to dispense them. I support this bill though.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4819 on: October 21, 2011, 01:49:43 PM »

For sure.  Kids these days are prone to abusing a dispenser, in manner unfit for discussion.  I can see a school nurse being permitted to hand them out, but that's all.

I don't have a bad feeling about this bill as a whole, but I'm not particularly fond of Section 4 and 5.  I started school at 7:50 every day from 6-12, and I thought it was fine.

Because today's generation of students tend to stay up later in the evenings, many (not all) are likely to get lower grades.  If the starting time for school is raised by an hour, we would likely see at least some improvement in test scores.

Like I said, I felt the bathroom was the best room in the school for condom dispensers because kids will feel awkward going to the nurse's office to get them.  It is the most private place for it.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4820 on: October 21, 2011, 10:15:20 PM »

Debate has ended.  The Assembly will now vote on the bill in question.  Voting will last 24 hours.  The final bill reads as follows;

The Healthy Students Act of 2011

A BILL to promote healthy lifestyles in Northeast schools.

All standards are applicable at the start of the next school year.

Section 1.) Condoms
1. All schools in the Northeast, public and private, are hereby permitted to dispense condoms for students.

2. Condoms may be dispensed in the nurse's office or restrooms.

Section 2.) Medication
1. Students are permitted to bring in and keep any medication, prescription and non-prescription, at schools in the nurse's office.
2. All medication must be appropriately labeled by kind of medication and student name.
3. Students may not request medication that belongs to another student.

Section 3.) Physical Education
1. Public school students shall be required to take physical education classes through years K-12.

Section 4.) Time
1. All high schools in the Northeast may begin no earlier than 8:30 AM each day.

Section 5.) Lunch
1. TV dinners and prepackaged meals are hereby prohibited from being served in school lunchrooms.  All lunches must be fully prepared by cafeteria workers.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4821 on: October 21, 2011, 10:26:21 PM »

Aye.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #4822 on: October 21, 2011, 10:30:36 PM »

1.  Perhaps they can also distribute bongs, to prevent the spread of oral herpes?  Or perhaps pure Purple Dragon, so that they make sure the kids aren't smoking something cut with anything poisonous.  Maybe they can have the school nurse supervise autoerotic asphyxiation, to prevent any of the tykes from David Carradining themselves.

3.  What's Sally in a wheelchair supposed to do?

4.  This sounds really crazy, but many parents actually need to, you know, work and sh**t.  And 8:30 is, believe it or not, an incredibly inconvenient time for them!

5.  You can have cafeteria workers digging their unwashed hands into yesterday's Philly cheesesteaks to make Philly cheesesteak stew, and giving all the little kiddies E. Coli in the process, or you can have that unsung miracle of modern technology; the sterile, pre-packaged meal.  I'll take the latter.

Nay of course.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4823 on: October 21, 2011, 10:36:11 PM »

Nay
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4824 on: October 21, 2011, 10:50:37 PM »

1.  Perhaps they can also distribute bongs, to prevent the spread of oral herpes?  Or perhaps pure Purple Dragon, so that they make sure the kids aren't smoking something cut with anything poisonous.  Maybe they can have the school nurse supervise autoerotic asphyxiation, to prevent any of the tykes from David Carradining themselves.

3.  What's Sally in a wheelchair supposed to do?

4.  This sounds really crazy, but many parents actually need to, you know, work and sh**t.  And 8:30 is, believe it or not, an incredibly inconvenient time for them!

5.  You can have cafeteria workers digging their unwashed hands into yesterday's Philly cheesesteaks to make Philly cheesesteak stew, and giving all the little kiddies E. Coli in the process, or you can have that unsung miracle of modern technology; the sterile, pre-packaged meal.  I'll take the latter.

Nay of course.

Thank you for addressing these concerns right after the debate ended. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 ... 239  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies