Northeast Assembly Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:14:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 ... 239
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Thread  (Read 381603 times)
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3525 on: March 28, 2011, 08:07:51 PM »

I recommend Homelycooking, then.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #3526 on: April 09, 2011, 09:33:37 PM »

*Cough*
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #3527 on: April 09, 2011, 09:42:15 PM »

Yes I know...

Due to my near total loss of interest in Atlasia and subsequent neglect of my duties, I'm resigning as Speaker, and asking unanimous consent for Jake Matthews to be appointed Speaker in my place.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3528 on: April 10, 2011, 09:22:02 AM »

Yes I know...

Due to my near total loss of interest in Atlasia and subsequent neglect of my duties, I'm resigning as Speaker, and asking unanimous consent for Jake Matthews to be appointed Speaker in my place.

I hope I read this right...
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #3529 on: April 10, 2011, 09:28:02 AM »

It's hard to be speaker of a body that doesn't even want to participate.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3530 on: April 10, 2011, 12:05:49 PM »

It's hard to be speaker of a body that doesn't even want to participate.

I hear ya :/ Wormy, Napoleon, Sbane and myself are the only active legislators...
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3531 on: April 10, 2011, 12:43:56 PM »

Jake seems pretty enthusiastic so I'll support him for speaker. Anyone else interested? We can have a vote in that case.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3532 on: April 10, 2011, 12:55:13 PM »

Just a quick speech to my colleagues...

Friends,

I'd be honored to serve as your speaker. I thank wormyguy for his tenure as speaker and I thank him for all he's taught me about Atlasian politics. It is painful to watch an old friend of mine leave this job behind, but I would be ever so grateful to be the one to receive the baton in our relay race to make the Northeast Region the best in Atlasia.

God bless.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #3533 on: April 11, 2011, 12:34:24 AM »

Friends,

I'd be honored to serve as your speaker. I thank wormyguy for his tenure as speaker and I thank him for all he's taught me about Atlasian politics. It is painful to watch an old friend of mine leave this job behind, but I would be ever so grateful to be the one to receive the baton in our relay race to make the Northeast Region the best in Atlasia.

God bless.

Hopefully you can forget all that and return to the promise you had before Tongue
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3534 on: April 11, 2011, 03:42:54 AM »

At this point we just need someone to do the job properly. I really don't care who.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3535 on: April 11, 2011, 06:20:50 AM »

Friends,

God bless.

Hopefully you can forget all that and return to the promise you had before Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3536 on: April 12, 2011, 07:35:04 PM »

Friends, I accept the position of Speaker of this assembly with much gratitude.

Now, back to proceedings.

We must vote on my amendment to the Sex Ed Optionality to apply only to public schools.

I vote Aye.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3537 on: April 12, 2011, 07:40:46 PM »

Nay, but I don't think we were working on this at all. I know we weren't.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3538 on: April 12, 2011, 07:42:22 PM »

You guys are cutting down the Assembly seats for next election right?
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3539 on: April 12, 2011, 07:43:32 PM »

Nay, but I don't think we were working on this at all. I know we weren't.

Meh, we might as well vote on the amended bill and work on your bill next.

You guys are cutting down the Assembly seats for next election right?

It's been tossed around, but we haven't put it into proposed legislation yet. I plan to do so.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3540 on: April 12, 2011, 07:51:25 PM »

Sure, aye.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #3541 on: April 12, 2011, 07:51:36 PM »

Since nobody seemed to notice this earlier...

If the Assembly is going to pass a constitutional amendment lowering Assembly seats, make sure you reach the quorom. This has already been passed with overwhelming support twice and merely did not reach enough total votes in the Voting Booth.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3542 on: April 12, 2011, 07:56:44 PM »

The legislation isn't on the floor is it? I thought it failed. We should either stick to procedure or go back to waiting.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3543 on: April 12, 2011, 08:08:07 PM »

The legislation isn't on the floor is it? I thought it failed. We should either stick to procedure or go back to waiting.

So we're on your legislation now?

I believe so and debate has expired. Let us please vote on Napoleon's "Small Government Act"

The Small Government Act of 2011

ARTICLE IV - EXECUTIVE BRANCH is amended to read as follows:

i) The executive authority of the Northeast Region shall be vested first and foremost in the Governor of the Northeast Region.

ii) The Governor must be elected democratically by the people of the Northeast Region.

iii)Elections are to be held every October, February and June for Governor.

iv) All citizens of the Northeast Region shall have one vote for Governor. A polling booth shall be created by the Chief Judicial Officer of the Northeast Region. He or she will open the booth on the third Friday at 12:00:00am Eastern Standard Time of every October, February and June and will close said both on the following Sunday at 11:59:59pm Eastern Standard Time. Every citizen will be given the opportunity to vote during this time. The Chief Judicial Officer of the Northeast Region must accept any absentee ballot conducted one week prior to the opening of the polls.

v) Candidates for Governor will be given until the second Friday of the month in which he or she wishes to run in an election thereof to announce his candidacy. This is to be done by officially notifying the Chief Judicial Officer of the Northeast Region.

vi) When the polls close, the Chief Judicial Officer of the Northeast Region shall be given twenty-four hours to count the votes and declare a winner. The candidate with the most votes for the office of Governor shall be made Governor. The newly elected Governor is to be officially sworn in on the Tuesday following the election and shall immediately assume office at that point. In the case of a tie, all tied candidates are to run in a run-off election the following week to determine a winner.

vii) There may only be one Governorat any point in time. Once a new Governor is sworn in, the former one forfeits his or her office.

viii) If the office of Governor is to become vacant at some point while he or she is in office, than the Speaker of the Legislative Assembly is to be immediately sworn in as Acting Governor of the Northeast Region, while maintaining his or her role as presiding officer of the Legislative Assembly.

ix) A Governor may be impeached at any time while they are in office by the will of two thirds of the Legislative Assembly of the Northeast Region.

x) The Governor has the power to make political appointments and to be the official representative of the Region to the rest of Atlas Forum with the recommendation of the General Assembly of the Northeast Region. The Primary responsibility of the Governor shall be to work with the regional Senators and the Forum President to ensure that the rights, liberties, and interests of the people of the Northeast Region are protected.

xi) The Governor has veto power over any piece of legislation that the Northeast Assembly shall successfully vote in favour. The Governor may not have the power to veto parts as opposed to the whole of any legislation. The Governor is required to sign all pieces of legislation he supports into law after it passes a successful vote in the Legislative Assembly within one week of its passing. Once he or she has signed the legislation, it immediately becomes law unless otherwise stated in the legislation itself. If the Governor does not sign the successful legislation after one week, than it becomes law immediately.

xii) The Governor is obligated to present the Legislative Assembly a budget every January, if he or she is in office at that time. The budget of all government activities is to be voted on by the Assembly in the same January. The Governor is obligated that the budget does not provide for any deficits excepting times of emergency or war, a condition the Legislative Assembly must successfully endorse.

xiii) In the temporary absence of the Governor, then the Speaker of the Legislative Assembly may be allowed to temporarily conduct the duties of the Governor.

xiv) The chain of command for the Governorship of the Northeast Region shall be as follows: Governor, , Chief Judicial Officer, Speaker of the Legislative Assembly, Longest continuously serving Representative of the Northeast Region, followed by the next longest and the next and so on. The chain of command shall be used to fill sudden vacancies in the office of Governor.

Article V is amended to read as follows:

xiv) The Speaker of the Legislative Assembly of the Northeast acts as the President of the Northeast Legislative Assembly. He officially opens and closes the sessions, organizes votes on legislation and notifies the Reps of the results of any official vote. If a vote results in a perfect tie. In this case, the Governor shall be allowed to vote to break said tie.

xv) The Assembly shall have the power to override the Governor’s veto. If the Assembly passes legislation previously vetoed by the Governor by more than a two-thirds majority vote, it becomes law without the Governor’s signature. An override vote resulting in an exactly two-thirds majority shall be considered failed.

Article VI is amended to read as follows:

iv) No persons shall hold the positions of Governor and Chief Judicial Officer at the same time.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3544 on: April 12, 2011, 08:08:29 PM »

Aye.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3545 on: April 12, 2011, 08:09:13 PM »

That particular legislation is a constitutional amendment (it would have to be), although it's improperly labeled.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3546 on: April 12, 2011, 08:18:07 PM »

We never finished the LT. Governor recommendation but aye on this.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3547 on: April 13, 2011, 05:58:41 AM »

That particular legislation is a constitutional amendment (it would have to be), although it's improperly labeled.

Exactly, so it would have to go to the voting booth when and if passed in the Assembly.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3548 on: April 13, 2011, 02:52:40 PM »

Aye.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3549 on: April 13, 2011, 02:56:31 PM »

We never finished the LT. Governor recommendation but aye on this.

We won't need a Lt. Governor if this passes and is approved by the citizens of the NE Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 ... 239  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies