Northeast Assembly Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:51:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 ... 239
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Thread  (Read 381127 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2150 on: March 23, 2010, 01:25:56 AM »

Now please, see if you can irk out some kind of compromise on the Union demands.  I have provided for their first grievance, and now it's up to you for the rest, no matter what you decide to do.  I am up for anything that would make life less painful for everyone.  Marokai, even if we may disagree, I thank you for your input.

On this note, the union has agreed (the governor was informed late last night) that a strike will be unnecessary so long as negotiations make progress and are conducted in good faith by all sides.

As GM, I should make clear that this is a negotiation, not a list of demands. The point is to share ideas, talk and provide offers/counter-offers until a deal is struck. While rhetoric may be nice, it doesn't solve the issue.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #2151 on: March 23, 2010, 02:22:00 AM »

As GM, I should make clear that this is a negotiation, not a list of demands. The point is to share ideas, talk and provide offers/counter-offers until a deal is struck. While rhetoric may be nice, it doesn't solve the issue.

I just have a scatterbrained grasp of the English language, is all.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2152 on: March 23, 2010, 08:02:34 AM »

By a vote of 4-2, the Self Defense Act PASSES.

So what's next?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2153 on: March 23, 2010, 09:09:28 AM »

I join this little party, thats what's next.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2154 on: March 23, 2010, 10:24:33 AM »

I guess Lt. Gov. Libertas didn't post the next bill due to the lateness of the hour when he closed the vote last night. This bill is next:

Wiki Emergency Act

Given the fact that informations about Northeast Assembly, Northeast Laws and the Region in general on Atlasia wiki are in many cases missing or outdated, and rhe fact that the person responsible for updating, namely Lieutenant Governor, not always have an acess.
1. Governor shall name a Northeast citizen with active Atlasia wiki account to carry on these duties if the Region face situation described above, for a period of minimum two months
2. The nominee shall be confirmed by Northeast Assembly

Sponsor: Rep Kalwejt

The question is whether the bill should be considered?

The ayes have it.

Debate on this bill will continue until at least 11:25AM Eastern on Thursday, March 25, 2010, unless the debate period is extended or shortened in accordance with the SOAP.

The Sponsor, Representative Kalwejt, has the floor.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2155 on: March 23, 2010, 10:37:34 AM »

Thank you Mr. Lieutenant Governor

The wiki is Atlasia chronicle and, as we can see, is in horrible condition, missing many informations, not being updates. And person resonsible for putting there updates on NE government work not always have account.

So it's logical that we need to entrust another person to carry out, when Lt. Governor cannot.

Thank you.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2156 on: March 23, 2010, 10:40:34 AM »

If incomplete or missing information is a problem, then I support my distinguished colleague's bill fully.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2157 on: March 23, 2010, 10:43:49 AM »

I agree with my colleague's statement. Our wiki needs to be updated, and we might never know when in the future if our Lt. Governor will or will not be able to make any updates. I fully support this bill.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2158 on: March 23, 2010, 11:05:11 AM »

The one concern I have is that by requiring a formal appointment process, we're turning fixing the wiki into an office.  If we do that, thanks to the Libertas case, we're limiting the pool of people that we can ask to fix the wiki, since most who have access are likely older users who have been elected or appointed somewhere else. 

Can't we just write a bill that allows the Lt. Governor to delegate the responsibility of updating the wiki to any Northeast citizen who has access to and agrees to do it?  We'd also clarify that it's not an office. 

When I have time, I will also check where we specified wiki updating responsibility.  I think it was the SOAP, but if we put it in the constitution, this might have to be an amendment.

FWIW, I've asked Dave for Wiki access, too, and haven't heard back from him.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2159 on: March 23, 2010, 03:14:26 PM »

Well, we need a person on who we can count 100%, not just "well, I hate wiki access too so maybe I can update something in some time".

That's sad, but Atlasia wiki is a joke now.

For example, according to this (https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/AndrewCT) article, Andrew is still NE Governor... well, I wish that would be truth, but he's not.

The whole article of Governor Morgan is, quote, "FallenMorgan is a member of the Popular Party and resident of the Northeast. He is running for Northeast Governor in February 2010."

According to article on mine, I'm still a prisoner of Alaska and I'm "no longer active", lol.

And, last but not least, the last piece of legislation passed by the Assembly mentioned here is Northeast Natural Gas Leasing Act (https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Legislative_work_of_the_Northeast_Assembly)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2160 on: March 23, 2010, 03:41:37 PM »

What if we were to changet his around a little bit. Perhaps make this something more of an Assembly decision, to just nominate someone who puts forward interest to help keep up with the wiki. It wouldnt be making them an office holder, or anything to that effect. But it would help us keep up with the wiki, and be able to use just about anyone who comes forward with interest, and wiki access.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2161 on: March 23, 2010, 04:43:06 PM »

What if we were to changet his around a little bit. Perhaps make this something more of an Assembly decision, to just nominate someone who puts forward interest to help keep up with the wiki. It wouldnt be making them an office holder, or anything to that effect. But it would help us keep up with the wiki, and be able to use just about anyone who comes forward with interest, and wiki access.

I'm open for amendments.
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix
E: 9.68, S: -0.70

« Reply #2162 on: March 23, 2010, 06:15:23 PM »

Peter blocked the account that was updating everything so go thank him.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2163 on: March 24, 2010, 07:49:11 AM »

I'm open for amendments.

Still waiting if there are any amendments Smiley
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix

« Reply #2164 on: March 24, 2010, 11:44:15 AM »

Amendment offered

Peter Bell is forced to update the wiki on behalf of the Northeast Region.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2165 on: March 24, 2010, 01:07:52 PM »

Amendment offered

Peter Bell is forced to update the wiki on behalf of the Northeast Region.

Unfriendly. Please cease going into a personal attacks during real debates.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2166 on: March 24, 2010, 01:10:38 PM »

However, I'd modity that to something like

Given the fact that informations about Northeast Assembly, Northeast Laws and the Region in general on Atlasia wiki are in many cases missing or outdated, and the fact that the person responsible for updating, namely Lieutenant Governor, not always have an acess.
1. Governor shall name a Northeast citizen with active Atlasia wiki account to carry on these duties if the Region face situation described above, for a period of minimum two months for an appropriate, temporary basis
2. The nominee shall be confirmed by Northeast Assembly
3. The hired person do not enjoy a status of the Regional officeholder
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix

« Reply #2167 on: March 24, 2010, 01:32:47 PM »

Ignore my amendment.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2168 on: March 24, 2010, 01:35:27 PM »

My proposal:

Section 4(c) of the Standing Order on Assembly Procedure shall be deleted and replaced with the following:

(c) The Lt. Governor shall maintain a public list of Standing Orders, unsuccessful bills actually voted upon, and Acts in the Atlasia Wiki for the Northeast, with a link to the text of such legislation.   If the Lt. Governor does not have an account to edit the Atlasia Wiki, the Lt. Governor shall designate a Northeast citizen with active Atlasia Wiki account to temporarily carry on these duties on the Lt. Governor's behalf until the Lt. Governor receives access to edit the Atlasia Wiki.   Any designated Northeast citizen shall not be considered an officeholder of the Northeast or Atlasia.

--------------------------------------
I don't see why the Assembly needs to confirm this person.  It's the Lt. Governor's job, so he should be able to designate someone else if he doesn't have access.  If the Lt. Governor nominates someone who does a crappy job, we can always vote him out of office at the next election.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2169 on: March 24, 2010, 05:16:06 PM »

My proposal:

Section 4(c) of the Standing Order on Assembly Procedure shall be deleted and replaced with the following:

(c) The Lt. Governor shall maintain a public list of Standing Orders, unsuccessful bills actually voted upon, and Acts in the Atlasia Wiki for the Northeast, with a link to the text of such legislation.   If the Lt. Governor does not have an account to edit the Atlasia Wiki, the Lt. Governor shall designate a Northeast citizen with active Atlasia Wiki account to temporarily carry on these duties on the Lt. Governor's behalf until the Lt. Governor receives access to edit the Atlasia Wiki.   Any designated Northeast citizen shall not be considered an officeholder of the Northeast or Atlasia.

I don't see why the Assembly needs to confirm this person.  It's the Lt. Governor's job, so he should be able to designate someone else if he doesn't have access.  If the Lt. Governor nominates someone who does a crappy job, we can always vote him out of office at the next election.

I would accept that, but I'm affraid about Lt. Governor impartiality in this case. Suggestions?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2170 on: March 24, 2010, 06:01:41 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2010, 06:05:38 PM by cinyc »

My proposal:

I would accept that, but I'm affraid about Lt. Governor impartiality in this case. Suggestions?

We elected the Lt. Governor knowing it is his job to update the Wiki.  If we trusted him to update the Wiki himself, we shouldn't worry about who he nams to temporarily update it in his stead.  We can always vote the Lt. Governor out in the next election if his guy screws things up.

I suppose you could have the Assembly confirm the appointment, if you'd wish.  I'd prefer to put that to a vote, though, as in my opinion, doing so makes the position look more like an office instead of someone just volunteering to help out.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2171 on: March 24, 2010, 06:52:43 PM »

Hm, it's more like the board approving the temporary hired man do help in certian job.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #2172 on: March 24, 2010, 07:44:54 PM »

I would gladly update the Wiki myself if Dave Leip would ever get back to me...
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2173 on: March 24, 2010, 07:50:38 PM »

I requested for an account myself for like 4 occassions. Never get an answer.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2174 on: March 24, 2010, 09:30:44 PM »

I requested for an account myself for like 4 occassions. Never get an answer.

I never asked Dave. I wonder if at some point I should do that. Is there anyone in the Northeast (other than Barnes) who has access to the wiki?
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 ... 239  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies