Northeast Assembly Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:08:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 ... 239
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Thread  (Read 381522 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1925 on: March 03, 2010, 12:40:26 AM »

Sorry to interrupt. I'm not sure whose responsibility this is, but your legislative Wiki hasn't been updated since the gas leasing legislation. Makes it harder for me to figure things out.

So I'll just ask, was anything ever done about the region's obesity rate?

No.  Lt. Governor Smid voted against the Health Act, breaking a 4-4 tie.  Therefore, the bill failed under our rules.

It is the Lt. Governor's job to update the wiki.

Thank you for that. I'll go back to my lair now. Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1926 on: March 03, 2010, 06:53:27 AM »

I really hope new Lt. Governor will do something about the wiki.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #1927 on: March 03, 2010, 07:17:26 AM »

I can't do anything until I am provided with an account so I can actually edit the Wiki, something that has not been provided despite numerous e-mails and PMs politely requesting this from Dave Leip.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1928 on: March 03, 2010, 07:46:18 AM »

I can't do anything until I am provided with an account so I can actually edit the Wiki, something that has not been provided despite numerous e-mails and PMs politely requesting this from Dave Leip.

That's the problem. Sometimes you have to wait very long with such requests. Hell, I requested an accound thrice without an effect.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1929 on: March 03, 2010, 09:54:50 AM »

I'm sorry for barging in, but is there anyone in the Northeast who is able to update the wiki for now, until Dave gives access to the Lt. Governor.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1930 on: March 03, 2010, 03:17:46 PM »

I'm sorry for barging in, but is there anyone in the Northeast who is able to update the wiki for now, until Dave gives access to the Lt. Governor.

I also have wiki access if you guys want me. Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1931 on: March 03, 2010, 03:20:02 PM »

I also have wiki access if you guys want me. Smiley

Good, please do something with my article, it's out of date since a long time Wink
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #1932 on: March 04, 2010, 12:55:45 AM »

Abstain
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #1933 on: March 04, 2010, 12:58:01 AM »

By a vote of 5-1, with 1 expressed abstention, this legislation passes.

Thanking Resolution

Northeast Assembly is hereby thanking Governor AndrewCT for his longtime and distinguished service for our region and the people.

Sponsor: Rep. Kalwejt

The next piece of legislation will be brought forth some time during the day to get this on a more workable schedule.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #1934 on: March 04, 2010, 11:55:19 AM »

Since my own status is tied up in the courts at present, I'm going to skip my bill for now so we can keep the Assembly moving.

Here is what is now up for consideration:

Lt. Governor Vacancy Amendment

1. Article IV, Section viii of the New Northeast Constitution shall be amended and replaced by the following:

If the office of Governor is to become vacant at some point while he or she is in office, then the Lieutenant Governor is to be immediately sworn in as Governor of the Northeast Region.  If the office of Lieutenant Governor is to become vacant at some point while he or she is in office , than the Governor may appoint a new one after the recommendation of the Legislative Assembly of the Northeast Region at any time more than two weeks before the next scheduled gubernatorial election, an election shall be held to replace the fill the vacancy.  The Chief Judicial Officer of the Northeast Region will open the booth for such election on the second Friday after such vacancy occurs at 12:00:00am Eastern Standard Time, and will close said both on the following Sunday at 11:59:59pm Eastern Standard Time. Every citizen will be given the opportunity to vote during this time.  Candidates for Lieutenant Governor will be given until the second Wednesday after such vacancy occurs  to announce his or her candidacy.

2. Article IV, Section xiii of the New Northeast Constitution shall be amended and replaced by the following:

The Lieutenant Governor of the Northeast Region shall be charged with the responsibilities of the Legislative Assembly of the region. He or she shall ensure that the Legislative Assembly has the ability to propose legislation that they are able to be debated on, and voted on during appropriate periods. In the temporary absence of the Lieutenant Governor, than the Governor the Speaker of the Northeast Assembly may take up these responsibilities.

3. Article IV, Section xiv of the New Northeast Constitution shall be deleted and replaced as follows:

xiv)(a) The Governor may publicly declare his absence, thereby allowing the Lieutenant Governor to temporarily conduct the duties of the office, under the title of Acting Governor of Northeast.

b) If the Governor does not perform his or her official duties for a period longer then 7 days,  the Lieutenant Governor shall automatically temporarily conduct the duties of the Governor's office.  Official duties include signing or vetoing bills after being publicly notified of their passage in the Northeast Assembly.  

c) If Governor is inactive on the Atlas Forum for 21 days, the Lieutenant Governor shall automatically temporary conduct the duties of the Governor's office.

d) The Governor shall resume the powers and duties of the office by publicly declaring he is present and able to resume the powers and duties of his office.

e) The Speaker of the Northeast Assembly shall never be allowed to temporarily conduct the duties of the Governor if acting in the temporary absence of the Lieutenant Governor pursuant to Article IV, Section xiii) of this Constitution.

Sponsor: cinyc

The question is whether the bill should be considered?

The ayes have it.

Debate on this bill will continue until at least 12:00PM Eastern on Saturday, March 6, 2010, unless the debate period is extended or shortened in accordance with the SOAP.

Note that because this bill is a proposed constitutional amendment, a mere majority vote will not be sufficient to pass.

The Sponsor, Representative cinyc, has the floor.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1935 on: March 04, 2010, 02:23:59 PM »

I ask to table this until the Supreme Court of Atlasia decides the Libertas case.  I'm concerned that if Libertas' vote puts the tally over 2/3rds of all Assemblymen voting or a majority of all  Assemblymen, the constitutionality of the amendment could be questioned.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #1936 on: March 04, 2010, 02:30:38 PM »

Very well, the Lt. Governor Vacancy Amendment will be tabled for the time being.

Moving on then:

Fair Voting Requirements Act

1. Voters removed by the HAEV will still be eligible to vote in regional elections.

2. Federal voting and office holding restrictions shall not apply at the regional level.

Sponsor: segwaystyle2012

The ayes have it.

Debate on this bill will continue until at least 2:30PM Eastern on Saturday, March 6, 2010, unless the debate period is extended or shortened in accordance with the SOAP.

The Sponsor, Representative segwaystyle2012, has the floor.
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix
E: 9.68, S: -0.70

« Reply #1937 on: March 04, 2010, 09:46:36 PM »

The Northeast has the power to run it's own elections. This is simply an exercise of this right protecting us from federal intrusion.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1938 on: March 04, 2010, 10:35:24 PM »

The Northeast has the power to run it's own elections. This is simply an exercise of this right protecting us from federal intrusion.

Who is going to maintain a Northeast voter list?  How?

I'm not sure Section 2 is constitutional.
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix

« Reply #1939 on: March 04, 2010, 11:48:09 PM »

Maybe the CJO or Lt. Governor can maintain the list.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1940 on: March 05, 2010, 12:52:36 AM »

Maybe the CJO or Lt. Governor can maintain the list.

You'll need to specify that in the legislation.

I really need to check if this is constitutional before deciding how to vote.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #1941 on: March 06, 2010, 11:19:50 AM »

I'm going to be in transit today, and I'm not sure when I'll be on later.

I would thus like to ask for a leave of absence for today and tomorrow, and to ask if the Speaker would be willing to perform my duties during this time.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1942 on: March 06, 2010, 11:23:03 AM »

I'm going to be in transit today, and I'm not sure when I'll be on later.

I would thus like to ask for a leave of absence for today and tomorrow, and to ask if the Speaker would be willing to perform my duties during this time.

Certainly.  I may not be available at exactly 2:30PM to open the vote, but will do so at some point later today.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1943 on: March 06, 2010, 02:38:23 PM »

Seeing no proposed amendments, it is time to put the bill to a vote:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

This vote will remain open until the earlier of 2:40PM Eastern on Sunday, March 7, 2010, or when all Representatives shall have voted.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1944 on: March 06, 2010, 02:39:57 PM »

Nay.

While I oppose the HAEV, my concerns about list maintenance have not been addressed.  I also question whether this bill is constitutional.   Voters removed by the HAEV are no longer citizens of Atlasia.  How can they be citizens of the Northeast?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1945 on: March 06, 2010, 02:57:50 PM »

NAY
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1946 on: March 06, 2010, 03:00:15 PM »

Nay
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #1947 on: March 06, 2010, 10:06:51 PM »

Aye.
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix

« Reply #1948 on: March 06, 2010, 10:47:36 PM »

Aye
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1949 on: March 07, 2010, 04:33:54 PM »

By a vote of 2-3, with 2 unexcused absences and 1 excused absence, the Fair Voting Requirements Act fails.

Next bill:

Unnamed
The Northeast condemns the callous decision of the Pacific to close its border with the Southeast. To show solidarity with the Southeast, all goods entering or exiting the Northeast from the Pacific are illegal, and shall be confiscated if found. This act will be in effect until the Pacific either re-opens its borders with the Southeast, or accepts the "Suck it Pacific Act 2010."

Sponsor: Rep. Dallasfan65

The ayes have it.

Debate on this bill will continue until at least 4:30PM Eastern on Tuesday, March 9, 2010, unless the debate period is extended or shortened in accordance with the SOAP.

The Sponsor, Representative DallasFan65, has the floor.

Rep DallasFan 65 - please provide a name for your bill.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 ... 239  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies