Northeast Assembly Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:53:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 239
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Thread  (Read 380905 times)
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix
E: 9.68, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1675 on: February 10, 2010, 02:01:35 AM »

The bill is useless meaningless garbage holding up the queue and preventing real legislation from being discussed.

So gut it with an amendment.

You have a shell. Why waste the time to vote this down and bring up a new bill when you can remove the current language, put in language you do like and actually accomplish something with this?

Unless you don't believe the government should have anything to do with reducing the region's obesity rate, in which case voting this down as quickly as possible without amending it is the intelligent thing to do.

Stop barging in. The Populares have work to do. We have to get these amendments on the damn ballot so we don't have to wait four months longer. This unnecessary and poorly-written trash needs to be tossed out so we can get some actual work done. Please, Speaker, let the Assembly focus on some much needed amendments before the opportunity is lost for four more months.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #1676 on: February 10, 2010, 02:06:24 AM »

You know what, screw yall!!!!!! And take that final vocab up your ass! all I wanted to do was have fun and be nice. But yall are to damn judgemental.
 I quit!

sorry Andrew. I tired but this place is just turning into a huge sh**t hole.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1677 on: February 10, 2010, 02:07:51 AM »

The bill is useless meaningless garbage holding up the queue and preventing real legislation from being discussed.

You have a shell. Why waste the time to vote this down and bring up a new bill when you can remove the current language, put in language you do like and actually accomplish something with this?

Unless you don't believe the government should have anything to do with reducing the region's obesity rate, in which case voting this down as quickly as possible without amending it is the intelligent thing to do.

Stop barging in. The Populares have work to do. We have to get these amendments on the damn ballot so we don't have to wait four months longer. This unnecessary and poorly-written trash needs to be tossed out so we can get some actual work done. Please, Speaker, let the Assembly focus on some much needed amendments before the opportunity is lost for four more months.

I thought this was the Northeast Assembly. What does the work of the Populares have anything to do with service to your citizens?

As the one that recommended that the Northeast take note of its obesity epidemic, I hardly consider it "barging in" for me to prompt this legislature to take the time to look at the issue. If you decide it's not something you believe government should do, that is fine. But to do away with it because you have more important things to do is a disservice to the people of this region.
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix
E: 9.68, S: -0.70

« Reply #1678 on: February 10, 2010, 02:09:16 AM »

I thought this was the Northeast Assembly. What does the work of the Populares have anything to do with service to your citizens?

We have committed ourselves to game reform and have important amendments we need to get on the ballot before the election.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You mean a legislature shouldn't prioritize?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1679 on: February 10, 2010, 03:21:02 AM »

There will be order - and the gentlemen will suspend.

You are always free to move to consider more than one item at a time under the SOAP.  If you do not, the legislation of this region will follow the order in which it is in the queue subject to the 2 piece per Representative limit, as required under the SOAP.

Regardless of what any particular Representative thinks about the merits of a bill, it was important to the sponsor and will be treated as such by the Speaker.  As the GM points out, this bill could be used as a vehicle to deal with the obesity epidemic - if we think that is something the government should be dealing with.  I personally do not think it is, but others may have a different opinion.

Rep. cutie_15 - please don't resign because some Representatives don't like your bill.  If every representative resigned because others don't like what is being proposed, we'd have no Assembly at all.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1680 on: February 10, 2010, 04:10:03 AM »

I'd like to propose the additional amendment of:

"Any airline who forces an obese customer to purchase two tickets, MUST provide the two seats or the cost shall be reduced to one."
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1681 on: February 10, 2010, 07:35:57 AM »

The bill makes sense but seems quite poorly written. Some amendments are needed.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1682 on: February 10, 2010, 10:38:58 AM »

Rep. cutie_15 - please don't resign because some Representatives don't like your bill.  If every representative resigned because others don't like what is being proposed, we'd have no Assembly at all.
It is not that they don't like it, it is them being rude. I can't stand rude people.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1683 on: February 10, 2010, 10:42:29 AM »

Introduced bills should receive equal consideration, duh.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1684 on: February 10, 2010, 10:58:12 AM »

I like the idea of encouraging to attend gym. Bill shall be perfectly fine with these clarification amdendments.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1685 on: February 10, 2010, 11:28:44 AM »

Wow.  Just... wow.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1686 on: February 10, 2010, 11:42:13 AM »

Hey, Mr. Moderate, where have you been?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1687 on: February 10, 2010, 12:16:11 PM »

It is not that they don't like it, it is them being rude. I can't stand rude people.

The rudeness must stop - and will stop.

Have you officially tendered your resignation to the Governor?  If so, this bill will be taken off the floor.  I also need to know how many Representatives we currently have for voting purposes.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1688 on: February 10, 2010, 03:24:18 PM »

Just a friendly reminder, this Assembly does not, and will never belong to a party. This Assembly is for all people of the Northeast, and we need to make sure that we do what is right for our citizens, and not our parties.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1689 on: February 10, 2010, 04:08:06 PM »

I will wait. Angry
thanks a lot of bugging me antonio. Tongue
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1690 on: February 10, 2010, 05:32:04 PM »

Rep. cutie_15 - Is my proposed amendment friendly?  If it's not, I'll have to consider withdrawing it or whether to hold a separate vote on it.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1691 on: February 10, 2010, 05:43:10 PM »

Rep. cutie_15 - Is my proposed amendment friendly?  If it's not, I'll have to consider withdrawing it or whether to hold a separate vote on it.
well yeah. But why the weird lingo?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1692 on: February 10, 2010, 07:41:32 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2010, 07:43:46 PM by cinyc »

Rep. cutie_15 - Is my proposed amendment friendly?  If it's not, I'll have to consider withdrawing it or whether to hold a separate vote on it.

Most of our laws are in legaleese.   

Friendly means we don't have to hold a separate vote on an amendment because the sponsor agrees to it.  Unfriendly means we have to hold a separate vote because the sponsor doesn't agree to it.

What about Rep. Doctor Cynic's amendment?
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1693 on: February 10, 2010, 08:30:38 PM »

Most of our laws are in legaleese.   

Friendly means we don't have to hold a separate vote on an amendment because the sponsor agrees to it.  Unfriendly means we have to hold a separate vote because the sponsor doesn't agree to it.

What about Rep. Doctor Cynic's amendment?
that is friendly as well. Wink
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1694 on: February 10, 2010, 08:39:26 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2010, 08:42:36 PM by cinyc »

Because all proposed amendments have been deemed friendly, it's time to vote on final passage of the Health Act:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This vote will remain open until the earlier of 8:40 PM on Thursday, February 11, 2010, or when all Representatives shall have voted.

cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1695 on: February 10, 2010, 08:41:42 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2010, 08:44:03 PM by cinyc »

FYI - our newest Representative, silent_spade07 is eligible to vote on the bill because he was appointed before the bill was put to a vote.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1696 on: February 10, 2010, 08:47:37 PM »

Aye
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65