Ben for Mideast Assembly
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:44:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ben for Mideast Assembly
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Ben for Mideast Assembly  (Read 12432 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2009, 03:24:20 PM »

Hamilton, ren't you the one who hates summer vacation?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2009, 03:25:05 PM »

Hamilton, ren't you the one who hates summer vacation?

I'm one of many.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2009, 03:30:51 PM »

In that case, I will henceforth ignore all your opinions on school.

Obesity could be ended by taking the Bangladeshi step of legislating it out of existence.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2009, 03:31:43 PM »

Just like the NDP wants to abolish poverty?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2009, 03:33:36 PM »

Yes, and if he wants to enact this, he should do it at the regional level. This bill is more of an infringement than the Motorcycle bill.

We've passed bills on education standards before; this is not, in my view, a regional issue.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2009, 04:17:18 PM »

Yes, and if he wants to enact this, he should do it at the regional level. This bill is more of an infringement than the Motorcycle bill.

We've passed bills on education standards before; this is not, in my view, a regional issue.

Funny, I thought you were trying to combat obesity on behalf of the Mideast. No realtion to education or national office whatsoever.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2009, 04:30:44 PM »

Funny, I thought you were trying to combat obesity on behalf of the Mideast. No realtion to education or national office whatsoever.

Obesity is a particular problem in the Mideast, but it is a problem nationwide as well.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2009, 04:32:52 PM »

Obesity is a particular problem in the Mideast, but it is a problem nationwide as well.

And different regions might have more practical and appropriate ideas on how to deal with it. The federal government has no right to regulate the eating habits of Atlsians.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2009, 05:30:55 PM »

And a question. You say that you'll introduce legislation to reduce obesity in the region. What legislation would this be, exactly?

Legislation that would increase required time in physical education for students, regulations on unhealthy foods, etc.

"Exactly". Note that word and its meaning. Write down what you'd actually do, rather than come out with (pretty meaningless, actually) pledges. What sort of regulations on food do you have in mind?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2009, 08:52:20 PM »

Endors'd. I consider Ben a friend here, and he would make a great asset to the Assembly.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2009, 08:53:36 PM »

Endors'd. I consider Ben a friend here, and he would make a great asset to the Assembly.

His platform makes it seems as if he should be running for Assembly. But nope, he's actually running for Senate!
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2009, 09:06:11 PM »

Thank you, but I am actually running for the Senate.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2009, 09:42:50 PM »

Thank you, but I am actually running for the Senate.

Senate I mean, sorry. The words accidently farted out of my fingers.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2009, 05:47:58 PM »

Since Al has left the race I'd like to offer you my endorsement, Ben. Best of luck to you.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2009, 06:26:09 PM »

It seems I made a premature endorsement before I was aware of all candidates in the race. I'd like to endorse my good friend benconstine, who has convinced me that he has his heart in this race for the right reasons. benconstine will make a great Senator even though his foreign policy ideals are horrid, he has pretty good economic ideas and stands up for the people of the Mideast. GO ben!

I urge all RPPers to go with the right choice in this election and that is a vote for benconstine.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2009, 07:55:29 PM »

Ben's a good guy, smart on policy, and will make a strong contribution to the Senate. Fully endorsed.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2009, 10:03:58 PM »

I'd like to thank Marokai, Hamilton, and Badger for their endorsements, as well as Governor AndrewCT for his.  In the next few days, my campaign will go into general election mode; I'll start giving regular speeches, release my general platform, etc.

If anyone has any questions, though, please do ask them.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2009, 10:06:39 PM »

Why should anyone vote for you when anytime you've been given any sort of responsibility you've clearly not been able to handle it? And why should we trust you when you created a false account for no apparent reason then to create a false account?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2009, 10:06:55 PM »

and then taking away personal liberties under the idea that it will prevent obesity?

You didn't really seem to have a problem with the bill banning smoking in public establishments.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2009, 10:07:40 PM »

Why should anyone vote for you when anytime you've been given any sort of responsibility you've clearly not been able to handle it? And why should we trust you when you created a false account for no apparent reason then to create a false account?

He created a false account cause people around here treated him like sh**t solely because of his beliefs.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2009, 10:08:11 PM »

and then taking away personal liberties under the idea that it will prevent obesity?

You didn't really seem to have a problem with the bill banning smoking in public establishments.

Read my argument. I'm done with this type of stuff. Let my last hours go peacefully, please
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2009, 10:09:02 PM »

Read my argument. I'm done with this type of stuff. Let my last hours go peacefully, please

Your last hours?  WTF?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2009, 10:09:37 PM »

Your last hours?  WTF?

I am leaving this forum relatively soon, I am sure my "contributions" will be missed
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2009, 10:10:39 PM »

Why should anyone vote for you when anytime you've been given any sort of responsibility you've clearly not been able to handle it?

In the 10 months since my exit from public office, I've remained active, participated in debate on legislation, and maintaining a high level of interest in Atlasia.  My two brief stints as Governor were failures, but even during my first term I introduced education legislation that has done wonders for the Mideast.  There's also the fact that, thankfully, the Senate is not an executive role; I can function very well in a legislative capacity, similar to my work as Lt. Governor, when I was a success.

And why should we trust you when you created a false account for no apparent reason then to create a false account?

Very valid point.  The voters need to take me at my word when I say that I will not betray their trust a second time.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2009, 10:23:39 PM »

Creeeeeeeepyyy......
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies