Greatest Presidents that we never had: Part 1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:42:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Greatest Presidents that we never had: Part 1
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Who would have made the better president?
Charles Pinckney

DeWitt Clinton

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 9

Author Topic: Greatest Presidents that we never had: Part 1  (Read 7725 times)
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 10, 2009, 05:13:19 PM »
« edited: September 17, 2009, 06:41:31 PM by True Conservative »

OK, I am going to do a new series on failed presidential candidates. This includes only candidates who have actually recieved any votes in the electoral college, faithless electors not included, and does not include those who actually were President at some point.

Part 1: 1788-1812
Part 2: 1816-1844
Part 3: 1848-1868
Part 4: 1872-1896
Part 5: 1900-1924
Part 6: 1928-1956
Part 7: 1960-1984
Part 8: 1988-2008

In part 1, there are only two people, Charles Pinckney (who lost 1804 and 1808) and DeWitt Clinton (who lost 1812). So cast your vote!

The poll will close in a week, after which it is part 2.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 05:24:01 PM »

DeWitt Clinton, I suppose.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 05:59:22 PM »

Pinckney, certainly. DeWitt Clinton was not to be trusted.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 07:56:29 PM »

Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 09:33:47 PM »

DeWitt Clinton.

Pinckney was a dickass.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 06:24:28 PM »

Obviously Alexander Hamilton. He was the most modern and visionary of our Founding Fathers. He would have helped make America a superpower even faster then before and would have established the Anglo-American Friendship.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 03:48:08 PM »

Obviously Alexander Hamilton. He was the most modern and visionary of our Founding Fathers. He would have helped make America a superpower even faster then before and would have established the Anglo-American Friendship.

Agreed but that is not an option for this poll.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 02:24:54 PM »

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A strong central government is by no means "modern" and I definitely wouldn't argue that it is visionary. Hamilton's ideas on government would've taken us backwards and not forward.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 06:30:48 PM »

DeWitt Clinton is voted the greatest President we never had in the period covered by part 1.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 02:50:34 AM »

At the end, do you intend to gather all the winners and make a final contest ?
That would be fine.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 12:05:55 PM »

At the end, do you intend to gather all the winners and make a final contest ?
That would be fine.

Exactly. I have not been able to do part 2 yet; will do that later today.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 06:09:32 PM »

I missed this, I would have voted for DeWitt Clinton.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009, 06:43:53 PM »

Part 2: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=102511.0
WillK

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2009, 08:10:33 PM »

Why only those two?  Why not Aaron Burr or George Clinton?  And I think you should have made the first period stretch to 1816 so as to include Rufus King in this part, since he is more a part of the founding generation then he was a part of the Jackson-Clay-Webster years.

OK, I am going to do a new series on failed presidential candidates. This includes only candidates who have actually recieved any votes in the electoral college, faithless electors not included, and does not include those who actually were President at some point.

Part 1: 1788-1812
Part 2: 1816-1844
Part 3: 1848-1868
Part 4: 1872-1896
Part 5: 1900-1924
Part 6: 1928-1956
Part 7: 1960-1984
Part 8: 1988-2008

In part 1, there are only two people, Charles Pinckney (who lost 1804 and 1808) and DeWitt Clinton (who lost 1812). So cast your vote!

The poll will close in a week, after which it is part 2.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2009, 08:24:32 PM »

Why only those two?  Why not Aaron Burr or George Clinton?  And I think you should have made the first period stretch to 1816 so as to include Rufus King in this part, since he is more a part of the founding generation then he was a part of the Jackson-Clay-Webster years.

ur a psycho
WillK

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2009, 08:27:13 PM »

ur a psycho

The criteria for this thread was to  include "only candidates who have actually received any votes in the electoral college".  Burr did receive votes so all I was asking is why he wasn't included in the poll?     

Though if you trying to find my opinion of Burr, I will say that he would have been a better president than Hamilton. 
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2009, 08:27:37 PM »

ur a psycho

The criteria for this thread was to  include "only candidates who have actually received any votes in the electoral college".  Burr did receive votes so all I was asking is why he wasn't included in the poll?     

Though if you trying to find my opinion of Burr, I will say that he would have been a better president than Hamilton. 

ur a psycho
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2009, 08:39:01 PM »

ur a psycho

President Burr would have resulted in a failed democratic experiment and a dystopian USA.
WillK

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2009, 08:56:57 PM »

ur a psycho

ur a psycho

Not at all.  The psychos are those that obsessively hero-worship Hamilton.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2009, 08:58:18 PM »

ur a psycho

ur a psycho

Hamilton built this nation
WillK

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2009, 09:02:57 PM »

ur a psycho

President Burr would have resulted in a failed democratic experiment and a dystopian USA.

Why? Because Hamilton would have launched a coup?
WillK

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2009, 09:03:27 PM »

ur a psycho

ur a psycho

Hamilton built this nation

Yup, your a psycho
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2009, 09:03:48 PM »

ur a psycho

Because without the genius that is Hamilton, the nation would not have the political structure that allowed it to survive throughout its infantile stage
WillK

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2009, 09:15:07 PM »

[/quote]

Because without the genius that is Hamilton, the nation would not have the political structure that allowed it to survive throughout its infantile stage
[/quote]
What does that have to do with a possible President Burr? 

Besides, Hamilton's political conniving were part of why the country's infantile stage was so infantile.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2009, 09:15:39 PM »

You should take a history class.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length