McCain vs. Obama, WWIII, 2008?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:14:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  McCain vs. Obama, WWIII, 2008?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: McCain vs. Obama, WWIII, 2008?  (Read 1127 times)
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 09, 2009, 02:00:15 PM »

Let's say the Georgian crisis over last Summer, as Russia and the United States go to war after the Russian Invasion of Georgia. Russia intends to conquer the country, and seize Ukranian Ports, and annexes Belarus. Some European states stay neutral, and some go to war against the Russians. The Olympics end abruptly, as the world prepares for the Third World War. How does this effect the 2008 election? Discuss with maps.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 02:03:09 PM »

Sorry, NiK, but this is really stupid

Only this dumbass Saakashvili could believe that
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 02:05:44 PM »

I know, Grin it's supposed to be an almost impossible scenario.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 02:43:52 PM »

In this case...

McCain paints Obama as a Putin buddy and Russian agent

November 4, 2009: Outraged Americans, who forgot about such non-issue as crisis, voted for McCain over Russian agent. Obama barerly won D.C. by 1 vote

January 19, 2009: Obama concedes finally.

January 20, 2009: John S. McCain III became 44th President of the United States

February 3, 2009: Former Senator and now convicted traitor B-Rock Hussein Obama (as revealed during an interrogation) has been transported to Guantanamo

February 4, 2009: President McCain dies in office for hapiness overdose, extremely unhealthy thing in his age. Sarah Palin became 45th President of the United States. Jewish Conservative died on happiness too. Atlas forum post rate dramatically decreased.

December 20, 2009: United States finally became autonomous Republic within the Russian Federation, thanks to President Palin war efforts. The last U.S. President has been send to newly established Alaska prison camp

January 1, 2010: NiK has been awarded by Prime Minister Putin with a Russian Federation Hero medal, for making this all possible

And don't tell me you don't like this!

Grin
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 03:06:08 PM »

In this case...

November 4, 2009: Outraged Americans, who forgot about such non-issue as crisis, voted for McCain over Russian agent. Obama barerly won D.C. by 1 vote

February 3, 2009: Former Senator and now convicted traitor B-Rock Hussein Obama (as revealed during an interrogation) has been transported to Guantanamo

February 4, 2009: President McCain dies in office for hapiness overdose, extremely unhealthy thing in his age. Sarah Palin became 45th President of the United States. Jewish Conservative died on happiness too. Atlas forum post rate dramatically decreased.

December 20, 2009: United States finally became autonomous Republic within the Russian Federation, thanks to President Palin war efforts. The last U.S. President has been send to newly established Alaska prison camp

January 1, 2010: NiK has been awarded by Prime Minister Putin with a Russian Federation Hero medal, for making this all possible

Grin

That's actually a pretty formidable timeline. Grin Maybe some ideas for your next ones...
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 03:18:29 PM »

In this case...

Grin

I like it, at my age being honored by the Kremlin would be astounding. Smiley
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 11:46:22 AM »

BUMP

A new national security crisis or a war would have helped the republicans. McCain wins narrowly. Even throughout all of the campaign, Obama leads narrowly in the polls. But, Obama only led by less than four points each time and every time in the margin of error. Even the weekend before the election, it looked like Obama would be President. But, a lot of late deciders and some lucky breaks in Virgnia, Florida, Colorado, and Ohio threw the election to McCain. But, McCain does loose the popular vote but wins the electoral vote.

McCain/Palin: 273
Obama/Biden: 265

You guys really love elections where the winner of Popular vote loses EVs...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 02:53:54 PM »

BUMP

A new national security crisis or a war would have helped the republicans. McCain wins narrowly. Even throughout all of the campaign, Obama leads narrowly in the polls. But, Obama only led by less than four points each time and every time in the margin of error. Even the weekend before the election, it looked like Obama would be President. But, a lot of late deciders and some lucky breaks in Virgnia, Florida, Colorado, and Ohio threw the election to McCain. But, McCain does loose the popular vote but wins the electoral vote.

McCain/Palin: 273
Obama/Biden: 265

You guys really love elections where the winner of Popular vote loses EVs...
There is a really good chance that it would happen in this scenario that I posted.

In 2008, Obama could win EV while losing PV, not the contrary.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 03:40:27 PM »

They just missing glorious 2000
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 07:40:40 PM »

Ugh.... I hated that year, I was young and marching to my (then) hero George W. Bush, but it really does suck Gore lost, as he was the people's choice.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies