Opinion of Nicolas Sarkozy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 06:15:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Opinion of Nicolas Sarkozy
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What do you think about the current french president ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Opinion of Nicolas Sarkozy  (Read 1858 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 03, 2009, 09:12:18 AM »

Well, following Kalwejt's idea, I will start wy own "I-don't-like-my-country's-president" thread. My answer is obviously :

True that he's still better than Kaczyński, to be fair.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 09:18:24 AM »

It should be in "Individual politics".

I don't like Sarkozy personally.
But, in 2007, other choices (Royal and Bayrou) would have been worse... I don't even refer to Villepin (LOLz).

I don't want to say more, because I'm fed up with this no-ending debate on Sarkozy in France. His opponents don't see that, by concentrating on him, they are losing ground as they don't speak about the heart of problems and solutions.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 09:47:54 AM »

I dunno, better than the alternatives at least.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 10:10:07 AM »

Positive.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 10:20:36 AM »

HP!

A guy with clear authoritatian leanings. If he only could, he'd be ruling as dictator.

Psychologically very smilliar to Polish evil twins.

And Hash, thans for a link Grin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5noWWReXKk
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 10:26:21 AM »

Indeed, this thread is named "opinion of Nicolas Sarkozy", not "general political disucussion on the respective merits and political action of french political parties and their prominent members". The same thing as we do for many leaders and as we just did for Kaczyński.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 10:30:06 AM »

OMG it's just... formidable !! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 10:53:10 AM »

I don;t understand how Kaczyński could receive no positive vote, while his French brother received more positive
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 11:39:32 AM »

I don;t understand how Kaczyński could receive no positive vote, while his French brother received more positive

Well, at least Sarko tries to look like a sane guy.
Hans-im-Glück
Franken
Junior Chimp
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -5.94, S: -3.30

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 12:19:25 PM »

HP

Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 03:18:14 PM »

Some of his ideas may be good, and I approve of quite a few of his reforms. France is in dire need of reform.

But I strongly dislike the guy. He think he's been elected Mister France, and the only thing he cares about is his personal fortune (I won't put the spotlight on him for that) and glamour/people politics.

However, he's miles better than his opponents. A mentally unstable drug addict and a egocentric incompetent maniac. However, good luck finding mentally stable, competent, and moderate politicians in France.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 03:41:22 PM »

Some of his ideas may be good, and I approve of quite a few of his reforms. France is in dire need of reform.

But I strongly dislike the guy. He think he's been elected Mister France, and the only thing he cares about is his personal fortune (I won't put the spotlight on him for that) and glamour/people politics.

However, he's miles better than his opponents. A mentally unstable drug addict and a egocentric incompetent maniac. However, good luck finding mentally stable, competent, and moderate politicians in France.
Delors was one. I thought Bianco was one (until he supported Royal).
Juppé is one. Fillon is quite one. Barnier is almost one.
But they are losers...
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 03:42:27 PM »

Delors was one. I thought Bianco was one (until he supported Royal).
Juppé is one. Fillon is quite one. Barnier is almost one.
But they are losers...

Maybe I should add "with the guts to run for President".
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 04:15:48 PM »

bad-ass.

Couldn't really care less about his politics, France seems to be soldiering on as a beacon of awesomeness even with a "conservative" in office.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 05:04:44 PM »

HP. But Royal was also a wierdo aswell. Segolene Royal is totally nut-ball, Michelle Bachmann style, crazy.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 05:28:27 PM »

HP. Not as cool as Berlusconi.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2009, 05:56:58 PM »

Maybe that's better. I don't want to see Sarko naked...

pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2009, 06:45:20 PM »

FF    
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2009, 06:53:11 PM »

FF
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2009, 01:15:20 PM »

bad-ass.

Couldn't really care less about his politics, France seems to be soldiering on as a beacon of awesomeness even with a "conservative" in office.

This is changing... Sad Sarko is an admirator of "American model", what in French language, doesn't mean he loves America, but that he loves all that is currently causing America's collapse : destruction of the welfare state, communitarism, religious right and so forth...
Is Sarkozy wanted honestly to take a leaf out of America's politics, he sould before all remember its formidabl "check and balances" system, that managed to create a stable democracy. Contrary to what many people use to think (especially in Frnace, unfortunately), the french President is far closer to a dictator than American one, even taking Patriot Act into account.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2009, 08:35:19 AM »
« Edited: September 11, 2009, 08:37:28 AM by Benwah »

bad-ass.

This is changing... Sad Sarko is an admirator of "American model", what in French language, doesn't mean he loves America, but that he loves all that is currently causing America's collapse : destruction of the welfare state, communitarism, religious right and so forth...
Is Sarkozy wanted honestly to take a leaf out of America's politics, he sould before all remember its formidabl "check and balances" system, that managed to create a stable democracy. Contrary to what many people use to think (especially in Frnace, unfortunately), the french President is far closer to a dictator than American one, even taking Patriot Act into account.

Just a few things.

About "communitarism" which is to speak about a word that doesn't exist in English, which is the French word "communautarisme". We can't say it caused America's collapse. This word could maybe be translated by "communitism" in English, but even that, I don't really think there could be a word for that in US, this is their model of society quite since the beginning, an accumulation of communities, while in France we first think to the national community. Well, that's anyways a long and interesting discussion which is not the point there, but we can't blame US for their model of society in that realm, that's just different from ours, and that's anyways a model which is conquering ours, Sarkozy or not. Actually this guy is by no means the initiator of something significant, he's nothing but a follower.

For the religious right we already had the debate. He opened a door to religion here, I agree with this, but he's by no means this conservative right from the US. He's just a modern guy, who, like a lot of modern guys who has some moral problems with himself, tries to find some moral stability in, and spontaneously feels attracted by, its traditional religion and a part of conservatism.

And saying that he leans to something worst than Patriot Act is just, please, some non sense.

Then, I agree with Hashemite on what is the guy, nothing to add about that. But about the politician, I think he has no real ideas, the only ideas he had have been more or less non senses or "epic fails" as we say here (I'll go again with Guy Moquet, Jew children's memory, "policy of civilization", and I may forget some others...). The only good idea than this guy can have is to have a dose of pragmatism, and that's the only thing about which I will compliment him, so the only reforms he proposed that actually worked are more or less some necessary technical pragmatism.

Other than that, most of the time, when I see that guy at the head of the state speaking, I actually feel, each time, "damn, what happened, how this guy could have come here..."
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2009, 08:23:08 PM »

Quite funny.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2009, 05:43:33 AM »

And saying that he leans to something worst than Patriot Act is just, please, some non sense.

What I meant is that a French President has globally far more power that American one, due to our parliament's weakness, institutionnally as well as in political behaviour. This can easily be proved comparing the difficulties that Obama has to pass his agenda, even with a 60%-majority in both houses, and how easily the UMP-bloc manages to pass almost everything with only minor changes.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2009, 05:58:15 AM »
« Edited: September 14, 2009, 06:15:28 AM by Benwah »

What I meant is that a French President has globally far more power that American one, due to our parliament's weakness, institutionnally as well as in political behaviour. This can easily be proved comparing the difficulties that Obama has to pass his agenda, even with a 60%-majority in both houses, and how easily the UMP-bloc manages to pass almost everything with only minor changes.

Ok, but Patriot Act was the really bad example to illustrate it. France has one of the most protective law concerning personal data and how they can be collected and shared, this thanks to Commission Nationale Informatique et Liberté (CNIL) ("national commission for data-processing and freedom") which has a strong independence and as long as someone don't officially erase this commission or weaken it from the inside, that's ok. And people are very vigilant about it in France, remember Hadopi? Remember all the reactions toward this law? A law which frankly just seemed to focus on illegal P2P and period, not that I support it, I already said i'd rather support "License Globale", but to me, the criticisms were very exaggerated. People are hard on this topic, because you know, we already had something worst than the Patriot Act, it was led from a charming part of Auvergne, you know...Vichy (the collaborationist French regime during WW2). Since this, people are very harsh on all what concerns data, maybe sometimes a bit too much, they should pay attention not to discredit themselves...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2009, 06:14:24 AM »

Ok, but Patriot Act was the really bad example to illustrate it. France has one of the most protective law concerning personal data and how they can be collected and shared, this thanks to Commission Informatique et Liberté (CNIL) ("commission for data-processing and freedom") which has a strong independence and as long as someone don't officially erase this commission or weaken it from the inside, that's ok. And people are very vigilant about it in France, remember Hadopi? Remember all the reactions toward this law? A law which frankly just seemed to focus on illegal P2P and period, not that I support it, I already said i'd rather support "License Globale", but to me, the criticisms were very exaggerated. People are hard on this topic, because you know, we already had something worst than the Patriot Act, it was led from a charming part of Auvergne, you know...Vichy (the collaborationist French regime during WW2). Since this, people are very harsh on all what concerns data, maybe sometimes a bit too much, they should pay attention not to discredit themselves...

Yeah, sure. My comment was on the President's powers globally, Patriot Act was probably a bad example indeed. Wink
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies