Questions you'd like to ask your candidate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:29:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Questions you'd like to ask your candidate
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Questions you'd like to ask your candidate  (Read 3409 times)
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 13, 2004, 03:23:29 AM »

The one you're backing, of course.

Bush: Where were the plans for post-war Iraq?
Kerry: If you couldn't have got a coalition, would you still have invaded Iraq?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 08:10:06 AM »

Bush:  What programs would you be willing to cut in order to bring a balance budget for domestic spending?

Kerry:  What are the details of "the plan" you keep mentioning.  Details, not politician speak please. 

The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 09:14:24 PM »

Bush: What the  is wrong with you?
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 09:24:31 PM »

Kerry: How do you plan on reducing the corporate/special interest stranglehold on our government?

Bush: Are the 10000 dead, civilian Iraqis adequate retribution for the approx 3500 Americans killed in WTC bombings? How are their lives less precious than American lives?
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2004, 09:28:07 PM »

Bush: are you really that stupid?
Kerry: are you really that phoney?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2004, 09:30:02 PM »

Kerry: How do you plan on reducing the corporate/special interest stranglehold on our government?

Bush: Are the 10000 dead, civilian Iraqis adequate retribution for the approx 3500 Americans killed in WTC bombings? How are their lives less precious than American lives?

Give me a break.  Many of these Iraqis are being killed by Iraqis and foreign jihadists.  I almost forgot that Baathist Iraq was a utopia before I remebered all of the mass graves that turn up on a weekly basis.  Drivel.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2004, 09:36:07 PM »

Give me a break.  Many of these Iraqis are being killed by Iraqis and foreign jihadists.  I almost forgot that Baathist Iraq was a utopia before I remebered all of the mass graves that turn up on a weekly basis.  Drivel.

Yeah, that's just about what they wanted Kerry to say back in the 70s. At least he had the guts to tell the truth.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2004, 09:42:01 PM »

TCash101 to FDR and Truman: "Are the 1000000's dead, civilian Japs and Germans adequate retribution for the approx 2400 Americans killed in the Pearl Harbor attacks? How are their lives less precious than American lives?"

Dumb question, TCash101.  Next topic.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2004, 09:43:30 PM »

Yeah, that's just about what they wanted Kerry to say back in the 70s. At least he had the guts to tell the truth.

I must apologize.  I did not get the memo that the U.S. is a bunch of muderous war criminals.  There must have been a paper jam.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2004, 07:42:32 AM »

Kerry: Why do say that stuff that you KNOW will be taken out of context and used against you?
freewayticket
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2004, 10:24:09 PM »

Bush:  Why all of the sudden are you campaigning on letting younger workers put a % of their earnings that they contribute to social security into private accounts again? You campaigned on this EXACT same issue 4 years ago. You had Majorities in the House and Senate and my Senator campaigned on this issue and favors it as well. Why hasn't anything been done?

Kerry:  Why are you so against letting younger workers put a % of what they earn into private accounts instead of social security when you have offered no real reforms yourself on this issue and you know it is a ticking time bomb for younger generations? Do you even have a plan on this issue if so why haven't you brought it up?
shankbear

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2004, 10:50:15 PM »

Kerry, what clubs, bars, etc do you go to to meet rich, low tax bracket women?  And is it always at closing time when you meet them or do you wear shades to those places?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2004, 10:30:23 AM »

Kerry: I know you have lots of money.  Could you spare some?
Bush: Could you appoint me VP pleeeeeeeeease?

Smiley
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2004, 09:53:15 PM »

Bush: How could you start your term with a great approval rateing and end up almost tied with the Worst person the Dems could pull out of there ass?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2004, 09:59:46 PM »

To Bush:  Could you call Tony Blair any arrange to get me a peerage?   Hey, if that's too hard, how about a baronetcy?

Signed,

Sir J. J., Bart.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2004, 09:44:16 AM »

To Bush:  At what point will we have to abandon siplomacy with regards to Iran and N. Korea?

To Kerry:  Your side loves to harp on the President refusing to admit mistakes.   What do you think are the 3 biggest mistakes you have made in your Senate career?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2004, 12:25:51 PM »

Bush:  What programs would you be willing to cut in order to bring a balance budget for domestic spending?

word. 

I'd also ask him to consider removing Ashcroft and his ilk and replacing him with a Libertarian AG.   After all, candidate Bush in 2000 kept talking about trusting "people, whereas my opponent trusts government."  I'm on board with the ownership society, and with Bush's overarching public support thereof.  But the details (federal intrusions into local school control, etc.) are a bit fuddled.  Also, I'd ask him to back off the wedge-issue garbage.  In the short term, that's a winner for the GOP.  In the long run, it's damaging to our society.  What happened, Mr. Bush, to "uniting, not dividing?"  Oh, I'd have a few more questions, but I'd wait for some answers to those first.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2004, 12:37:33 PM »

word. 

I'd also ask him to consider removing Ashcroft and his ilk and replacing him with a Libertarian AG. 

I had the pleasure/displeasure (take your pick) of meeting Mr. Ashcroft and his son Jay back in the early 90s.  My impression of Mr. Ashcroft back then was the fact that he couldn't take a joke.  It's a simple thing, but I feel that says a lot about a person.  If you can't laugh, or at least smile, at a joke when everyone else around you is, then there is a problem.  As far as his performance over the last 4 years, I don't really view it as being a poor performance.  However, I will agree that, just in order to save face with the general public, Ashcroft should be asked to step down.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2004, 02:08:39 PM »

word. 

I'd also ask him to consider removing Ashcroft and his ilk and replacing him with a Libertarian AG. 

I had the pleasure/displeasure (take your pick) of meeting Mr. Ashcroft and his son Jay back in the early 90s.  My impression of Mr. Ashcroft back then was the fact that he couldn't take a joke.  It's a simple thing, but I feel that says a lot about a person.  If you can't laugh, or at least smile, at a joke when everyone else around you is, then there is a problem.  As far as his performance over the last 4 years, I don't really view it as being a poor performance.  However, I will agree that, just in order to save face with the general public, Ashcroft should be asked to step down.

Lost his senate seat to a dead guy, you know.  probably a sympathy appointment.  I can understand that.  But it wasn't poor performance to which I was referring.  A DA can do lots of things to get re-elected.  Get tough on crime, nail a bunch of teenagers for stealing loaves of bread, send someone away for ten years for smoking a joint, etc.  This sort of thing gets them re-elected, but it doesn't make it right.  DA job is to see that justice is done, not just beat up on everyone.  And the AG is the head honcho of all DAs.  He's the nation's DA.  He is to see that justice is done, whether or not he agrees with the law, he is to see that the law is upheld.  Separation of powers and all that.   The executive branch's job is not to legislate.  Just be a good cop.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies