Former Treasury Sec. Paulson's book due next month
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 06:52:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Former Treasury Sec. Paulson's book due next month
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Former Treasury Sec. Paulson's book due next month  (Read 2050 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 31, 2009, 12:22:10 PM »

according to interviews...Book probably will say the elected Republicans (in the White House and on the The Hill) were too ideological to move quick enough...will have high marks for Barney Frank and Nancy Pelosi.  And of course, praise BB and company.  Will say no buyer was available for Lehman Brothers.  Will say Bush agreed to have Paulson lead fight on Hill due to Bush's low popularity.

---

if so, aside from Leh Brothers (which I don't have enough info to judge), I'd say the book paints an accurate picture of the political wrangling of last fall.

I look forward to reading it.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 11:22:15 PM »

I look forward to Secretary Paulson being behind bars.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 03:48:18 AM »

Your comeback is a witty one, and you're probably not technically off base, and yet - really all this comment does is paint you as a poster into an 'extremist' corner.  I say this from long experience as an internet smart-ass.

I doubt that any of us really imagines that Henri Paulson will end up in prison.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 04:05:22 AM »

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 11:04:33 AM »

You can't really say what he did was all on the up and up, I mean, you say you're going to use the $700 billion for one thing, meanwhile behind the scenes you're planning to use it for something else, so Congress passes a law based on what you said that wasn't quite true. I mean, surely there is something just slightly amiss with this whole thing, don't you think opebo? It can't be all butterflies and greenery outside... I mean, surely that dank odor you smell is indicative of something...
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 11:19:09 AM »

You can't really say what he did was all on the up and up, I mean, you say you're going to use the $700 billion for one thing, meanwhile behind the scenes you're planning to use it for something else, so Congress passes a law based on what you said that wasn't quite true. I mean, surely there is something just slightly amiss with this whole thing, don't you think opebo? It can't be all butterflies and greenery outside... I mean, surely that dank odor you smell is indicative of something...

opebo likes dank odor and smells, you know.  Fits in with his sexual preferences.  Tongue
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 12:22:32 PM »

I'm not concerned about it.  Far worse is done as a matter of course by much of the warmaking side of the US gov.  I would agree that one might put Paulson on a sort of hiring black-list for the govt., but the idea of prosecuting him is absurd.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies