Theory on Phil
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 07:18:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Theory on Phil
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Theory on Phil  (Read 5851 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2009, 02:06:08 PM »

And Stark is actually running for office. Not that he stands a chane.

Everyone, pray he'll never move to Idaho and became longtime, influental Senator from that state...
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2009, 02:11:03 PM »

So if I have political ambitions, I'm f**cked, in other words...    Tongue

In an unspecitief future Seanator Benconstine is a Democratic nominee for President and his Republican rival air such ad:

"Can you trust a person who was a forum buddy to such America enemies like evil Canadian Prime Minister Hashemite, Prime Minister Antonio V of France, Prime Minister Kalwejt of Poland, not to mention notorius terrorist leader Mechman in Oklahoma?!

...Paid by Stark for President committee. I was not his buddy in Atlas"
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2009, 06:00:49 PM »

Posts on any website can become political fodder. This can be especially so if the poster was adopting an unusual persona. More frequently, a poster uses the apparent anonymity of the web to take more strident positions than they would in a face-to-face meeting.

What I see most frequently are individual statements that reflect a different set of views from a particular time in one's life. This happens just as much in the other forms of communication, and politicians have to defend these past actions or statements (think "I never inhaled.") I try to be prepared to defend my actions in front of any group should they be called up in a totally unrelated group. Over 50 years this happened more than once already, though interestingly so far not between the Atlas and local politics.

The best policy is to treat the web as any other encounter with other people. So, use the same type of language and same ideas that you would in those encounters, and you should be fine in any future endeavor. That includes politics, business, or personal affairs. I hope those from the forum who have met me in person would agree that I'm the same person online as offline.

So if I have political ambitions, I'm f**cked, in other words...    Tongue

Personally, I'd be fascinated to see what they'd be able to dig up on me.

Note to future reporters: check out posts where I talk about guns!
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2009, 06:36:44 PM »

The careers of a couple of people in local politics over here have been wrecked by stupid-and-or-bigoted remarks online already. I look forward to this increasing over the next few years.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2009, 06:50:38 PM »

I can't wait until we have a president that used to post on the internet as a kid.  The archives will be epic.

...and then we will post his opponent's posts as well. Everyone will be seen for the nutjobs that they are. Could be fun. Smiley
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2009, 06:54:21 PM »

Last election here, a number of candidates from all parties were wrecked by comments they made on the interwebs or elsewhere. As diverse as wrong pictures, 9/11 conspiracy theories, comments on gun control, or homophobic comments. It's always quite entertaining.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2009, 06:57:54 PM »

I have posted 9000 posts on this website. What are the ones that will get me into the most hot water?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2009, 07:00:19 PM »

I think I have made comments on here that have automatically killed any chances I had for running with a major party in France. Same thing in Canada, maybe. Maybe Québec too!
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2009, 07:12:49 PM »

The careers of a couple of people in local politics over here have been wrecked by stupid-and-or-bigoted remarks online already. I look forward to this increasing over the next few years.

Well, in 30 years I presume such "shocking online truths" will become so commonplace as to be completely blasé.  Just imagine: right now, many future Presidents and Prime Ministers have Facebooks where they've uploaded pictures of them drinking underage and engaging in other questionable/"questionable" behaviors.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2009, 07:14:01 PM »

Well, in 30 years I presume such "shocking online truths" will become so commonplace as to be completely blasé.  Just imagine: right now, many future Presidents and Prime Ministers have Facebooks where they've uploaded pictures of them drinking underage and engaging in other questionable/"questionable" behaviors.

The fun part will come between now and then. I'm quite looking forward to it.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2009, 07:26:19 PM »

The fun part will come between now and then. I'm quite looking forward to it.

Yes, very true Smiley
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2009, 07:33:31 PM »

That the vast majority of voters at the time will have also engaged in, making it a rather moot issue.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2009, 08:55:54 PM »

Until someone who has spoken to him says otherwise, I'm still going with temper tantrum.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2009, 09:03:05 PM »

That the vast majority of voters at the time will have also engaged in, making it a rather moot issue.

...yes, hence my first sentence.  (technically my use of "blasé" was subpar; it's people's attitudes that will become blasé towards those commonplace online truths.  but shush.)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2009, 11:45:55 PM »

Phillip is an idiot.

He didn't leave because he's involved in local politics.  He left because he couldn't take the HEAT!  He couldn't stand challenges from other posters and with a renewed effort (led by me) against his arrogance and uneducated predicitons , he fled the forum.

As the saying goes, if you can't stand the heat get out of the KITCHEN!  HE'S NOT IN THE KITCHEN ANYMORE!!!

HAHA!!  Hey Phillip?!  I know you can see this.  Stop being such a cry baby and learn to take criticism.

Question - who were you before you registered the account 'East Coast Republican'?

When all of your first posts were written solely to attack Keystone Phil, it's fairly obvious that you are some sort of troll.
East Coast Republican

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2009, 11:51:32 PM »

Check my posting history.  My first posts discussed at great length the Governor's race in Jersey and only mention Phil in like a sentence or two.  It wasn't until my 4th or 5th post where I got fed up with his attacks on everyone who disagreed with him and his arrogant behavior.

Only a fraction of my posts were discussing Phillip specifically.  My guess would peg it at somewhere between 10-15%.

If you think I'm posing as someone else, have one of the administrators run an IP Check on me or something and then have them release the results in a forum press conference Smiley.  You'll find that I'm not only fairly new to this place but that I'm real and have better manners and language than 80% of you guys.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2009, 09:06:41 AM »

Phillip is an idiot.

He didn't leave because he's involved in local politics.  He left because he couldn't take the HEAT!  He couldn't stand challenges from other posters and with a renewed effort (led by me) against his arrogance and uneducated predicitons , he fled the forum.

As the saying goes, if you can't stand the heat get out of the KITCHEN!  HE'S NOT IN THE KITCHEN ANYMORE!!!

HAHA!!  Hey Phillip?!  I know you can see this.  Stop being such a cry baby and learn to take criticism.

Wasn't it you, who claimed to be the one who drove Phil away, in less than 100 total posts on the Atlas?Huh??   
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2009, 12:28:47 PM »

You will be shocked if you see my profile
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2009, 01:39:20 PM »

i could never be elected to anything.

i dont kiss ass well.   and i call things as i see them.   i dont give a damn what is 'popular'.

take obama.  his presidency is barely short of a disaster so far.  yet these starry-eyed 'liberals' are still fawning over him.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2009, 01:50:41 PM »

i could never be elected to anything.

i dont kiss ass well.   and i call things as i see them.   i dont give a damn what is 'popular'.

take obama.  his presidency is barely short of a disaster so far.  yet these starry-eyed 'liberals' are still fawning over him.

I've been told I'd be like Joe Biden.  People would like my candidness yet a lot of people would hate my guts.  Not sure if I would run.  I would easily have people hating my guts on both sides of the aisle.  I would get nailed by the NAACP AND the Religious Right at once and harshly.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2009, 02:44:53 PM »

If anyone cares, I just talked to Phil and he is rather amused with all the speculation.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2009, 02:50:22 PM »

If anyone cares, I just talked to Phil and he is rather amused with all the speculation.

Which means, temper tantrum.  Roll Eyes
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2009, 03:43:09 PM »

It amazes me even with him gone he manages to make everything about himself.  He'll make a great politician.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2009, 05:05:04 PM »

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution