Zombies, Parties, Elections, and Stuff
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 10:51:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Zombies, Parties, Elections, and Stuff
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Zombies, Parties, Elections, and Stuff  (Read 7540 times)
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2009, 10:00:25 AM »

While I don't approve of the recent wave of zombie RPP voters, I don't think zombie reform would do more harm than good. I was recruited when I had, IIRC, 70ish posts. I got really into the game, and now look where I am. If you could somehow enact zombie reform that allowed somebody like me to join when I did but not a zombie, I'm all for it. I just don't see how you can do it though.
The idea of the legislation is not to discourage newbies, but from making sure that they stay active if they want to continue voting

Ah.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2009, 10:19:29 AM »

The RPP is the only major party to endorse zombie reform such as wiping voter rolls and requiring Atlasian activity

Wrong!  DA also supports zombie reform Wink

As does the LNF.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2009, 10:32:57 AM »

We support reforming zombies?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2009, 10:33:35 AM »

The RPP is the only major party to endorse zombie reform such as wiping voter rolls and requiring Atlasian activity

As does the LNF.
Do I need to bold major party?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2009, 10:36:12 AM »

As does the LNF.
Do I need to bold major party?

You can if you want to. It won't make much difference.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2009, 10:37:49 AM »

The term "major party" is defined under Atlasian law. Both DA and LNF fulfill the criteria.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2009, 01:59:39 PM »

I am bumping this because more people should read it. I've had several people talk to me through PM relating their own concerns to mine, and I know other people are out there who've seen all this nonsense too.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2009, 02:09:04 PM »

I am bumping this because more people should read it. I've had several people talk to me through PM relating their own concerns to mine, and I know other people are out there who've seen all this nonsense too.

What exactly would you do to solve this problem Mr. Vice-President?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2009, 02:11:38 PM »

What can be done? The damage has already occured, and there's really no way to legislate against it all. The only thing I can really ask for is that those involved actually make an admission of guilt, and that the rest of Atlasia can see this evidence and know what's really going on.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2009, 02:16:16 PM »

What can be done? The damage has already occured, and there's really no way to legislate against it all. The only thing I can really ask for is that those involved actually make an admission of guilt, and that the rest of Atlasia can see this evidence and know what's really going on.

I am disappointed by the strategies some in my party are using. I would like to point out that (I won't mention names) only a handful of RPPers are behind this while the rest have largely refrained from these tactics.

I too, hope for an admission of guilt, especially because only a few months ago they railed against the JCP's use of zombies.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2009, 02:22:06 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2009, 02:23:47 PM by bgwah »

lolz, requiring activity in Atlasia? What, you expect someone to look through the posting histories of 80+ voters every election? Get real.

JCP members are active elsewhere on the forum. How do they know who to vote for? They see posts by people like Fritz, Marokai Blue and RowanBrandon all over the forum, and they know who is more politically compatible with them.

I'm not automatically opposed to reform---you guys haven't come up with a decent idea yet.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2009, 02:24:49 PM »

Zombies wouldn't be able to plead guilty anyways if they only vote.

We have members who aren't very active on this part of the fourm but otherwise very active elsewhere. They still know the other people/candidates.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2009, 02:37:00 PM »

We have members who aren't very active on this part of the fourm but otherwise very active elsewhere. They still know the other people/candidates.

I'm not talking about the zombies pleading guilty, I'm talking about the people who brought them here.

For example, A-Bob, who invited you to Atlasia? I assume it was also the guy that told you to make the twenty posts the hour before you joined so that you'd be eligible?
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2009, 02:44:52 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2009, 02:47:57 PM by Midwest Lt. Governor Vepres »

lolz, requiring activity in Atlasia? What, you expect someone to look through the posting histories of 80+ voters every election? Get real.

JCP members are active elsewhere on the forum. How do they know who to vote for? They see posts by people like Fritz, Marokai Blue and RowanBrandon all over the forum, and they know who is more politically compatible with them.

I'm not automatically opposed to reform---you guys haven't come up with a decent idea yet.

Not mention that many of these "zombies" probably read this board, they just don't post or run for office.

It's not like the JCP doesn't tell it's less active members how to vote though. I doubt it's a coincidence that Fritz and Marokai have had the same number of votes this whole time.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2009, 03:48:25 PM »

No one has explained to me how "zombie reform" wouldn't do more harm than good yet, which is why I'm still opposed to anymore of it. In fact, I favor repealing some of it. You can't ramp up requirements anymore without hurting normal people.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2009, 03:54:36 PM »

I've got to agree with Bacon King though in what he originally said. All this zombie voting really takes the fun out of the game.  You see all these random people coming out from nowhere to vote, and it takes away from the people who work hard to actually try to get far in this game.  I dont know what there is to be done, but it does ruin the game. I'm glad that as far as I know, I've never been elected or defeated because of this.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2009, 04:26:15 PM »

No one has explained to me how "zombie reform" wouldn't do more harm than good yet, which is why I'm still opposed to anymore of it. In fact, I favor repealing some of it. You can't ramp up requirements anymore without hurting normal people.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2009, 05:09:53 PM »

I'm not talking about the zombies pleading guilty, I'm talking about the people who brought them here.

For example, A-Bob, who invited you to Atlasia? I assume it was also the guy that told you to make the twenty posts the hour before you joined so that you'd be eligible?

A-Bob jumped the gun, I and few others had been in contact with him, but before he could be contacted again, he spammed those posts, and then joined, in the Pacific on is own. If we were influencing him, we would have had him join the Midwest. I wish we did have as much influence and control over the newbies as you claim.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2009, 06:09:19 PM »

Zombie voters have existed to a certain degree as long as I have been in at Atlasia (Feb. / March 2005). I don't think it's ruining the game but there have been times where I have said to myself "Who the hell is [name]?". Eventually I learned a little more about the person from reading their posts. Some turned out ok. Some turned out to be trolls or close to it. Some turned out to be morons. Now there are more people joining at a faster rate and it is getting a bit harder to learn a little about these people. Yet from a pure numbers stand point, this might be the most evenly competitive things have been between the left and the right.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2009, 06:10:37 PM »

Yet from a pure numbers stand point, this might be the most evenly competitive things have been between the left and the right.

What's the point of an artificial balance?
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2009, 08:31:58 PM »

A-Bob jumped the gun, I and few others had been in contact with him, but before he could be contacted again, he spammed those posts, and then joined, in the Pacific on is own. If we were influencing him, we would have had him join the Midwest. I wish we did have as much influence and control over the newbies as you claim.

I was thinking of joining the Mideast too actually.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2009, 08:56:57 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2009, 08:59:04 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

THe mideast and Midwest are two different regions, dummy. Didn't you at least read the Introductory thread? Don't move now unless you really want to you can only move once per 6 weeks.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2009, 09:02:02 PM »

Amen.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2009, 09:22:07 PM »

THe mideast and Midwest are two different regions, dummy. Didn't you at least read the Introductory thread? Don't move now unless you really want to you can only move once per 6 weeks.

Uh, I think he was just stating that he wanted to join the Mideast. I don't think he thought they were the same.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2009, 10:30:46 PM »

I know. Which is why I was thinking of joining the Mideast as I said above. Screw the midwest.

I was pointing out that I wasn't recruited to be in the Pacific region persa.
1) What makes you think I'd move?
2) You should be more careful calling people dummies, especially when you're wrong
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies