To all non-Ron Paul Republicans
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:11:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  To all non-Ron Paul Republicans
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Would you support Ron Paul if he won the nomination in 2012?
Yes

No

Maybe

I would vote 3rd Party

I wouldn't vote at all

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 27

Author Topic: To all non-Ron Paul Republicans  (Read 3699 times)
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 21, 2009, 07:22:24 AM »

big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 07:45:22 AM »

NO
(except if Kucinich or Gravel is the Dem candidate...)
Farage
Elvis Republican
Cape Verde

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 10:09:52 AM »

I would vote Obama.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 10:16:51 AM »

Most likely.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 10:26:15 AM »

Yeah, I think so.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 11:18:22 AM »

Over Obama.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 11:37:19 AM »

^
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 11:55:37 AM »

Agreed
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 12:10:13 PM »

I would vote with a Smiley on my face.
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2009, 12:36:40 PM »

I would happily vote for Ron Paul in a general election - however, not for the primary.  Like Ann says: "Ron Paul is Neville Chamberlain on national defense".  And I hate that part about his politics.  He does have the social conservative and economic conservative parts wrapped up nicely in a bowl.  And I would love to see our country go back to the gold standard.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2009, 01:06:11 PM »

I would happily vote for Ron Paul in a general election - however, not for the primary.  Like Ann says: "Ron Paul is Neville Chamberlain on national defense".  And I hate that part about his politics.  He does have the social conservative and economic conservative parts wrapped up nicely in a bowl.  And I would love to see our country go back to the gold standard.
Huh? Ron Paul is a non-interventionist, I doubt he'd be launching any wars like Chamberlain did.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2009, 01:12:41 PM »

Huh? Ron Paul is a non-interventionist, I doubt he'd be launching any wars like Chamberlain did.

True
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2009, 01:17:14 PM »

I would vote for Ron, although I'm really not a fan of his.

I wouldn't, however, vote for Romney, Palin, Huckabee or Newt.

If it were Paul vs a Dem who wasn't a lunatic, then the Dem or 3rd party. We don't seem to get those kind of Dems running for prez, though.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2009, 01:37:13 PM »

Probably, as long as his VP wasn't like Wayne Root or something
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2009, 04:16:09 PM »

I wouldn't support him in the primary, but i'd vote him over Barack.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2009, 04:26:01 PM »

I would, but then again I am a Paulite
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2009, 05:13:22 PM »

Before he went to war, Neville ceded land to Hitler in his appeasement policy and was determined to make friends out of his enemies before he did anything.  He believed that Hitler's problems were based around the Treaty of Versailles (policy of allied forces) and that he could "win" him over if they just changed things about their own country. "Peace in our time", etc.

Sounds like Paul, when Paul says our actions are causing radical Islamicists to hate us and murder us.  That if we just stayed out of things and kept our noses clean we wouldn't have all of these problems - which is the same fantasy that Chamberlain had.  Paul isnt just non-interventionist, he would have us be attacked before he ever struck at an enemy (though democrats would have us be attacked, and never strike at the enemy - which is why it always makes him a better candidate than any democrat).
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2009, 05:19:49 PM »

Before he went to war, Neville ceded land to Hitler in his appeasement policy and was determined to make friends out of his enemies before he did anything.  He believed that Hitler's problems were based around the Treaty of Versailles (policy of allied forces) and that he could "win" him over if they just changed things about their own country. "Peace in our time", etc.

Sounds like Paul, when Paul says our actions are causing radical Islamicists to hate us and murder us.  That if we just stayed out of things and kept our noses clean we wouldn't have all of these problems - which is the same fantasy that Chamberlain had.  Paul isnt just non-interventionist, he would have us be attacked before he ever struck at an enemy (though democrats would have us be attacked, and never strike at the enemy - which is why it always makes him a better candidate than any democrat).

Except Ron Paul is right. Interventionism is the cause of the foreign policy woes of 21st century America.

As was the case leading up to both World Wars. Chamberlain was a warmonger who started an unnecessary war of aggression that would engulf the entire world in death and destruction.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2009, 05:27:39 PM »

Please come back when you know what the hell you're talking about.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2009, 05:50:13 PM »

Only if the Democrats were going to control congress.

I like him in some ways, but he has some crazy positions that make me unable to support him in good conscious (gold standard, association with racists, 9-11 truthers)

Now, a candidate like Ron Paul with more charisma, a little more moderate, more socially liberal, minus the crazy positions and immigration policy would be my dream candidate.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2009, 06:07:34 PM »

No. Paul is pretty out there, and we probably disagree on most issues except taxes. I'm for cutting spending too, but he basically wants to get rid of the federal government.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2009, 06:10:30 PM »

Too black for you?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2009, 06:13:53 PM »

No. Too much like Bush.
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2009, 08:19:40 PM »

Except Ron Paul is right. Interventionism is the cause of the foreign policy woes of 21st century America.

As was the case leading up to both World Wars. Chamberlain was a warmonger who started an unnecessary war of aggression that would engulf the entire world in death and destruction.
Interventionism is not the cause of every foreign policy woe in the 21st century, inept interventionism is.  And I agree with some of Paul's critiques of intervention, but not all.  Iraq is one of those areas where I agree, and even it is turning out to be a decent state after intervention.  We intervene on a daily basis with countries as we are now part of a global economy.  We provide billions of dollars to Africa for aids medicine - that's intervention too. 

Chamberlain ducked and hid during the run-up to WWII.  Every political analyst knows what he is famous for - appeasement of Hitler and "peace in our time". 
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2009, 08:26:06 PM »

I like him in some ways, but he has some crazy positions that make me unable to support him in good conscious (gold standard, association with racists, 9-11 truthers)

Now, a candidate like Ron Paul with more charisma, a little more moderate, more socially liberal, minus the crazy positions and immigration policy would be my dream candidate.

That's pretty much my position (although all politicians hold crazy positions IMO) and I'm a supporter.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies