NWA Polling & Research Co. XIX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 06:21:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NWA Polling & Research Co. XIX
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: What party do you belong to?
Jesus Christ Party

Regional Protection Party

Democratic Alliance

Leipist National Front

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: NWA Polling & Research Co. XIX  (Read 5661 times)
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2009, 08:06:55 PM »

Clearly satirical, and marked as such. Reading comprehension does wonders.

So try it. I said crap that no one takes seriously. No one takes The Rag seriously.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2009, 01:12:06 AM »

The return to a party structure did which you guys kind of caused did, yeah, but that doesn't mean you won't also be the ones to kill it.
The only thing that could kill Atlasia is what doomed it prior to the RPP, liberals outnumbering conservatives 3 and 4 to 1.  Now that its only about 60/40 that's what is keeping the game interesting

There's nothing interesting about floods of zombies registering and voting together but never really being a part of the game.
You and others keep saying that, but as I pointed out we've had plenty of people branded with that label who have gone to great things.  Most who haven't have left and voted once or never voted

I've already pointed out how the people you listed who've supposedly been given the label of "zombie" either weren't actually called that by anyone sane or didn't match the definition at all anyway. Do you even read what I say or just hash out an automatic response on a post by post basis?

Let me flesh it out for you. You, or some members of your party, are actively recruiting people from outside of the forum to come, get an Atlas account, and then discretely post until they meet the requirements to register and then they just sit around and vote the RPP party line. These new members don't even know how the game works! Most of them are not going to be active, they'll rarely contribute to the game, and they'll really only serve to pad your party's vote totals without contributing anything. Of the dozen or so people I hyperlinked to earlier, please show me how one of them has made some sort of substantive input to Atlasia. Seriously, you can't, because they all make basic commentary at most just to pad their post count to vote. They've done nothing for this game except show up because you told them to and vote for the people you told them to. And it's so obvious that it's just sickening.

You're an utter hypocrite if you think the JCP is anywhere even in the same ballpark with its so-called "zombie" members. At worst we have active posters who like this game but don't get involved in the specific politics that much. I've asked over and over, what's wrong with this? I've yet to get an answer... it's basically just a silly talking point you've created in some futile game of partisan one-uppance. The RPP drones in contrast literally do nothing except load the game in your favor. Maybe one or two will actually get involved but most of the herd has never done anything but give you votes when you want them to. It's wrong on so many levels and it's also annoying as hell. Your annoying recruitment games give you nothing but an artificial advantage you've given yourself because it seems like you take this game way too seriously.

If you think the JCP has "zombies," seriously, put things into perspective. How would you like it if I went and recruited a dozen or so friends to make Atlas accounts, register here, and then vote for the people and things I tell them to? I could do it, and I honestly thought about it at a point. It would give the JCP an edge, of course. I could even take the Southeast from your party's grasp if I did it right. However, it would be annoying and deleterious to the fun that everyone gets from this game. I don't think you see that at all just because your only concern seems to be winning. If you honestly have such blatant disregard for the spirit of this game, then you really don't even belong in Atlasia in the first place. I don't care how obnoxiously full of yourself you are, your drone army takes the fun out of this game. What's the point in having elections if you've already calculated the votes you need and registered exactly enough off-forum people to make it happen?

I'm sick of the attitude most of your party has about this, and you have no idea how close I am to just quitting. I'm at the point where if it gets any worse I will just throw my hands up in disgust and leave. I know I can't be the only person that feels this way. Just please, man, stop. Recruit all the blue avatars you want, if they're already posters on the forum, but stop it with this zombie sh**t.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2009, 01:51:40 AM »

Wow BK. Well said, I can only say that I feel the exact same way, and it's why I've lost a considerable amount of enthusiasm for Atlasia. (Of course, part of that is my recent family issues.) It's really sad that people are openly recruiting from other sites, and the vast majority of these people don't give a damn about anything other than voting, and are usually young and know absolutely nothing about the way the game works.

When I joined the game, I was recruited by Xahar for his purposes in strengthening the SDP, sure. But I was also a semi-established member of the forum that had been around for awhile, participated in political discussion elsewhere, and I actually read alot on the Atlasia wiki (where I picked up my love of "repairing" the wiki) before I participated more. But the point is, even though I was recruited initially to be an SDP footsoldier, I grew and participated and learned, and became what I am today with alot of accomplishments under my belt.

The contrast between my story and many others (like PS or Barnes) is stark, and undeniable.

As for "anti-zombie" legislation, I won't support anymore of it. In fact, I regret certain provisions in my constitutional amendment I pushed to pass, because I realized it doesn't prevent zombies at all. Bgwah and I chat off site a fair bit, and he occasionally send me links to potential recruits. Sadly, some of these members, though intelligent and verbose, don't have the required amount of posts. Trolls/zombies will spam, and strengthening posting requirements doesn't matter because these people don't care how they come across or how blatant their zombie-ism is because their sole purpose is to be a drone.

A perfect example is one of the more recent RPP drones who made over half the registration requirement in less than forty-five minutes. That speaks for itself, I think, and it's why zombie legislation is pointless and only hurts people who take the game more maturely instead of obsessively, ironic as that may seem.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies