The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:25:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlasia Dispatch-Herald News Unit  (Read 51017 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 24, 2009, 09:26:36 AM »

I know conditions are dire and the economy sucks in Atlasia right now, but even the US' stock market went up sometimes throughout the crisis, even if they were mediocre gains.
True. The market has performed quite well in fact during the last 6-7 months.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 07:53:04 AM »

Apparently it is irrelevant that Lief just had the Treasury prevent a bank's collapse with $30 billion.

Anyone there?!

In fairness, PS, that fact was somewhat buried in the story (one sentence in the middle of several paragraphs). After skimming the story yesterday, your post made me go back and reread it to pick that nugget out. I suspect I'm not alone there.

That said, I care PS. :-) I would like to know if the Treasury "funding" provided was merely loan guarantees or an actual infusion of federal cash? Either way, but particularly if the latter, what compensation are the taxpayers getting in return? Is the fed swapping stock for cash, and if so is it preferred stock in case Eagles Bank assets prove insoluble? Further, is the Lief Administration proposing additional regulatory reforms to avoid repeats of this incident? Will the financial community's (or at least J.P. Colin's) support of such reforms be expected in exchange for this federal bailout?

Inquiring minds want to know! Answers should be demanded!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 03:36:21 PM »

In any case, thanks for the analysis, and I'll leave you criticism free this time. Tongue

Which means NCY is going to be on my case. Uch...

Or me Tongue

You failed to address its impact, if any, on those with higher taxes. So yeah, it's great that it decreases the deficit, but you failed to address the consequences of the bill.

I'll try to edit it in later or tomorrow. It is much harder to determine though.
Please do when you get the chance. And don't forget the lesson of the 90's: "Increasing the top income tax rate always results in economic slowdown." Just ask President Gingrich. ;-)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 02:41:04 PM »

<OOC>I've not 'sent in' anyone because I don't know if I can; I obviously don't control the military and (presumably) not national guard units. But I don't know much about the internal structure of the American police, so if there's something obvious... please say so. And I'll probably do it.</OOC>

Obviously we can't let this situation get out of hand. The safety of the people is at stake.

Your response was appropriate.

@Badger: Can you post in this thread from now on? It's kinda a nuisance to have discussion in the main story thread. And bear in mind that certain things are impossibilities in this game and do not add to the content. It means nothing to anyone to say lots of lawsuits are being filed. I think it's more important to allow people to act on a semi-reasonable situation than to allow the game to drag on with no reaction to actual situations. Al stepped up to the plate and managed it quickly and well.

Fair enough. Consider my post a letter to the editor. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies