Militia Groups on the Rise
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:25:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Militia Groups on the Rise
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Militia Groups on the Rise  (Read 1825 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 12, 2009, 03:37:00 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/12/officials-see-rise-in-mil_n_257128.html
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 03:58:02 PM »

Why do you hate the troops Marokai?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 04:00:36 PM »

These "militia" movements have as their only purpose terrorism.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 04:09:06 PM »

It's pretty disgusting... but it's a sad fact of life when Americans vote for liberals.. the far right extremists go nuts.

Oh well, if it makes them feel better to tote their guns around and waste their money on compounds in rural Montana... then whatever.

The second they fail to pay their taxes or do anything illegal, they should be prosecuted and punished to the fullest extent of the law.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 05:19:59 PM »

These "militia" movements have as their only purpose terrorism.

Exactly.  The people described in that article are terrorists.  If I'm not mistaken, the words used by the leader of the Ohio Militia in his Youtube video are not constitutionally protected.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 05:39:23 PM »

It's pretty disgusting... but it's a sad fact of life when Americans vote for liberals.. the far right extremists go nuts.

Oh well, if it makes them feel better to tote their guns around and waste their money on compounds in rural Montana... then whatever.

The second they fail to pay their taxes or do anything illegal, they should be prosecuted and punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Pretty much. I just hope we don't have to pull any troops from Afghanistan to fights these retards.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 06:17:43 PM »

Oh my gawd! Right wing crazies are organizing into militias to protest the government's actions? Quick! Somebody call in the Secret Police, err, I mean the National Guard to put down these extreme racist government haters! ONEONEONEONEONEONEELEVEN!!!!!!!
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 06:26:40 PM »

After seeing that the last post was Mechman, I knew that it would contain an "Oh my gawd!" in a larger font size. Smiley
Stampever
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 06:44:15 PM »

Thank god we have the E.L.F. to protect us.  Oh wait, they're they ones to actually conduct "terroristic" activities domestically, not the militias.  Those darn far left extremists.  Roll Eyes

Yes, but in the mean time, they aren't a threat.  They're just showing their distaste for government action in their own way just as the E.L.F., anti-war protesters, and any other group.  They're innocent until proven guilty, and as such they should be treated that way.  Once we start letting "fear of possible action" take over, and we start arresting people, then we are just as guilty of what we accused the Bush administration of doing shortly after 9/11.  But hypocrisy is nothing new for our party.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 06:47:22 PM »

Well, we will be ethically required to investigate them once there is reasonable suspision. But until that time, they can be crazy all they want. I guess the most ethical solution is the most tragic....but probably the best for our nation in the long run. That solution is to wait for another terrorist attack. If that's what we need to do, that's what we need to do.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 07:04:04 PM »

Unless it would result in a soldier's death, I wouldnt mind seeing a few less of these dangerous idiots around. Let them spark and let the government do what needs to be done: Smash them.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 07:11:15 PM »

They are most likely trying to provoke a government attack on one of these groups in order to gain sympathy votes in 2010 and 2012. Don't fall for this bullsh*t guys.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 07:25:27 PM »

They are most likely trying to provoke a government attack on one of these groups in order to gain sympathy votes in 2010 and 2012. Don't fall for this bullsh*t guys.

Let me give you guys an example:

In my senior year in high school, one of the seniors on our football team died in a tragic car accident. Well, a few days before the state championship game somebody uploaded a video of somebody shooting a poster of our fallen comrade in a field. Everybody got riled up and promised vengeance, no way in hell would they get away with this!!!! We kicked the other team's asses and won the state championship (although we would've won regardless, we had insane talent on that football team). My AP European teacher brought up this story in class one day and asked this simple question: Do any of think that one of our own created this video just to rile up the troops so we could kick Enid's asses?

That's what I think is going on here: The loons on the far right are hoping that the government does something stupid like arresting people en mass or pulling another Waco to stir up public discontent with the Democrats and gain enough seats in 2010 to possibly give them enough momentum to gain back Congress (and if this plan works well enough, the presidency) in 2012.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 07:32:26 PM »

Ok, these guys are a bit off the edge, but I'm sick and f'ing tired of any 5 people that get together to drink, play cards and bitch about their government being targeted as "people of interest", militia groups, blah blah blah.

The Bush era phucked us all when it comes to how the government views it citizens. 
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2009, 07:42:52 PM »

Ok, these guys are a bit off the edge, but I'm sick and f'ing tired of any 5 people that get together to drink, play cards and bitch about their government being targeted as "people of interest", militia groups, blah blah blah.

The Bush era phucked us all when it comes to how the government views it citizens. 

Yes...they phucked with our brain. The Bush Administration did damage to our culture of freedom in this country.

Unless it would result in a soldier's death, I wouldnt mind seeing a few less of these dangerous idiots around. Let them spark and let the government do what needs to be done: Smash them.
and jfsag-

This is what "smashing them" should look like-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVq1kvXaMMM

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 08:02:33 PM »

The SPLC is a complete joke.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009, 08:04:42 PM »

Amen.  They'd brand you and your buddies terrorist for sitting around a fire putting back a few brews and dissing Obama's health care plan.  OMGZ THEZE HICKS HATE BLACK PEEPLE111!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 08:06:52 PM »

Amen.  They'd brand you and your buddies terrorist for sitting around a fire putting back a few brews and dissing Obama's health care plan.  OMGZ THEZE HICKS HATE BLACK PEEPLE111!

Roll Eyes
Stampever
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009, 09:18:34 PM »

What a bunch of neo-LIBS.  You complained for years about government monitoring the citizens (those that were suspected of potentially attacking the US or supporting those that would) and now you're all gungho.  "It's wrong unless we do it."  That's all I'm hearing from you.  I guess it's a good thing that you are showing your true colors.  Roll Eyes
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2009, 09:28:16 PM »

What a bunch of neo-LIBS.  You complained for years about government monitoring the citizens (those that were suspected of potentially attacking the US or supporting those that would) and now you're all gungho.  "It's wrong unless we do it."  That's all I'm hearing from you.  I guess it's a good thing that you are showing your true colors.  Roll Eyes
The hell? I am not a liberal and I think these people should be monitored, just like some far-left wing groups should have been monitored during the Bush administration. I never supported anything like militia groups or terrorist actions and I doubt any other red avy people do either. These groups are dangerous now because we have a black somewhat leftist president. I know people that are like this, and they really are creepy if you've met them.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2009, 09:35:22 PM »

In fact, like I said....it's better to wait for them to make their move. They can do what they want, but if they cross the line- we will end their enterprise.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2009, 12:47:21 AM »

dead0man to the defense of the reds!

Xahar (everybody's favorite wunderkind) is the only "red" that has been an idiot in this thread.  Marokai probably agrees with him, but it's hard to tell.  Angry Weasel has been very reasonable.

That's not to say there aren't hundreds of thousands of them that perfectly fit your description, there just isn't very many of them in this thread.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2009, 01:47:05 AM »

Xahar (everybody's favorite wunderkind) is the only "red" that has been an idiot in this thread.  Marokai probably agrees with him, but it's hard to tell.  Angry Weasel has been very reasonable.

Hmm?

Remember these during the Clinton era? They were terroristic then, they're terroristic now. Obviously it's all just posturing.
Jacobtm

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2009, 12:58:46 PM »

Remember "a well regulated Militia"?

According to the constitution every able-bodied male from age 17-45 is part of the Militia, and "being necessary to the security of a free State", ought to be part of "a well regulated Militia".

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2009, 03:17:17 PM »

Those damn Obama socio-fascists are infringing again the rights of a law-abiding citizen:

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/2009/08/death-to-obama-sign-holder-at-town-hall-detained-by-secret-service.php?ref=fpblg
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies