A Time For Unity - The Lost Decades - A Tale of a Potential Future (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:40:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Time For Unity - The Lost Decades - A Tale of a Potential Future (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Time For Unity - The Lost Decades - A Tale of a Potential Future  (Read 43074 times)
Historico
United States

« on: August 12, 2009, 08:57:54 AM »

Interesting timeline Dan, I've always though a Severe Economic Crisis coupled with a huge Populist movement would lead the United States down the slippery sloap of Facisim. Keep it comming.
Historico
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 11:21:21 AM »

So ITTL Dan, I assume Rick Perry bested Kay Bailey in the 2010 Texas GOP Primary for Governor, that's how he's able to stay viable 6 years down the line or did he decide to do a big switch/go for the Senate? Also with all the civil strife of Pence adminstration, did NASA make it back to the moon by 2020 with the Constellation project? Can't wait to see how the 2020 general election turns out Dan...Keep it comming
Historico
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 11:52:13 PM »

Ok. Dan I see where your ideas are going with this into this timeline, That we Generation Y voters are what is really running this new Political Force/Party, sprung from an essentially failed Obama Presidency but with Bush era policies still very fresh in our minds, the GOP is seen as unpalatble as well. Now, As a Young, Black Poli Sci Major...I may be a little biased in my support for Barack(I was elected Delegate to the TX Democratic Convention last year), but it does seem lik that he has spent alot of his political capital trying to get this Health Care Passed(I personally think he should have waited till after the 2010 elections, to use it as major campaign issue for his reelection) and that unless we see a rapid recovery from this recession things might be kinda murky for the next few years.

I do agree that all of this is foresight, but it is generaly understood that the Election of Obama in '08 essentially ended the Reagan Era of American Politics (1968-2008), and that possibly the country is ready to shift back towards the left. I think your right to assume that given the sh**thole that were in and the high emotional output by our generation into Obama it's not a toal given just yet. I also think that your focus on actually creating a viabale Political Party not just having an Insurgent, Charismatic Independent running with voters who are more caught up in the moment rather than actually revolutionizing the American Polictal system. The 2020 election could have easily been another Personality cult election like La Follette in '24, Wallace in '68, Anderson in '80 and Perot in '92/'96, but young voters in the Northeast actually fought to form their own party(You could show that the party had it's beginnings from the large scale Grassroots orgainzers from the Obama campaign of '08) and then fronted a candidate. That's why I think Walton will win.

Btw I do agree that Massachusetts might be a strech to form a new party from, I would thought the Independent minded voters in New Hampshire would sprout something. Anyways, Dan, you got me hooked into this timeline, because like you said the Progressives wan't power, and I know they wont be quick to relenquish that Power once they get it...Keep it comming
Historico
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 04:27:03 PM »

Now try governing with that Congress if your Rick Perry, especially on things like off-shore drilling, or even passing a budget.

And thus the 2020 Election has seen largest Third Party performance since Teddy Roosevelt and the original Progressives in 1912. So dan do you plan on stringing the Democrats out for another eight years, so you can have written on it's tomb stone, The Democratic Party of the United States...1828-2020, but with Cuomo only pulling 10 electoral votes, they may actually go the way of the Whigs much earlier. I have a feeling Coakley will somehow end up bein President, as our first female but what will it take to get her into office, I shudder to think lol. Keep it comming
Historico
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 10:44:25 AM »

Hmm, the Oil Crisis will be pretty decimating to the American Economy (Which I assume had rebounded by the time of the Pence adminstration)? Also might the Caliphate want to try to annex the entire middle east?...Im still rooting to see if we can get President Martha Coakley(Wouldn't it be ironic if Perry was assassinated at a pro-gun/pro-secession rally?)Keep this geat timeline coming Dan.
Historico
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 09:10:23 AM »

Nothing like events in the Boston Harbor to start up a Revolution lol...you also bring back effective State's Rigths(In a non-segregationist manner), with having Walton's Massachusetts deal directly with Nation's in the middle east, can't wait to see what happens in the lead up to the 2024 elections
Historico
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 08:27:14 AM »

Solid update, I don't think we've had a President and Vice President not on speaking terms since the twenties lol. If Perry is able to finish out his term, it appears that he will face some rough times ahead, as the Oil crisis doesn't look to be getting any better. Perhaps, maybe it's time for Perry to intiate some Gladatorial games, and espansive military conquest into Canada or Mexico to the boost some Nationalisim(For when in Rome...Do as the Romans do)
Historico
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 11:11:33 AM »

Well Rick went down before things could get particulary nasty for the GOP, also Dan...It's pretty awesome to have the nation's 1st Female President result in Divide and Conquer tactics. Can't she still suspend the elections via executive order though? untill atleast she can get the nation under control
Historico
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 10:28:22 AM »

And so begins the last of the Democrats...Coakley has been almost Nixonian with her cunning and manipulation of the poltical atmosphere of the 2020's. So Ayotte got put back on as Vice President, or was she able to make her own picks, thing's got kinda jumbled with the appointments toward the end of the last installments Dan. Other than that, I Can't wait to see what happens in the 2024 US Presidential Election Dan...Keep it comming.
Historico
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 11:27:59 AM »

Hey...I was wondering Dan, what are the Former President's Clinton, Bush, and Obama's opinion's on the rapid, unraveling of the US Poltical System as we know it. I know both Bill and Dubya would be pushing 80 but they still should have some insight to give by the way...Here's a little fun poke I came up with for the 2024 Presidential election...

"If you want to keep this nation together, vote for the only candidate the be made up of the same stuff as Annie Oakley...Vote Martha Coakley in 2024!!!

Historico
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 04:48:53 PM »

Coakley seems pretty good at digging her own grave lol, Looking forward to the elections Dan...
Historico
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2009, 03:05:50 PM »

Awesome Update Dan, Hillary would be 77 at the time of the election, but she would be good as the last Sacrificial lamb candidate. The General Election should be very interesting...Keep it comming
Historico
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2009, 02:40:08 PM »

So when can we expect the next installment Dan?
Historico
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 07:58:37 PM »

I really hope this awesome timeline gets put back online soon Dan, I'm waiting for the Progressives to finally take power.
Historico
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2010, 01:20:22 PM »

It is so freakin awesome to see this TL back on its feet!!!Keep it comming Dan
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies