A Time For Unity - The Lost Decades - A Tale of a Potential Future (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:27:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Time For Unity - The Lost Decades - A Tale of a Potential Future (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Time For Unity - The Lost Decades - A Tale of a Potential Future  (Read 43072 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« on: August 11, 2009, 08:05:02 PM »

Excellent; fabulously done.

I did my dissertation on the Nazi coordination of the Lander in the spring of 1933.

Now I want to read it. Sad
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 12:09:10 AM »

This timeline is like an exquisitely aesthetically pleasing train wreck. It's excellent. Please post an update soon.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 04:41:15 PM »

Ah, looks like the 1930s. Fascinating. Positive events in Arabia, though.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 04:59:11 PM »

Does the European Parliament still exist in any real form?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 05:26:13 PM »

Fascinating. One question, though: if the Governor of New Hampshire asked for martial law, why was it only imposed in Progressive states?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 05:39:47 PM »

What's the expectation among top military brass?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 05:56:07 PM »

So why haven't the Democrats been unsuccessful at forming some sort of defense against the Progressives in MA? I'd assume that the Progressives would be treated as Nazi pieces of shit among university students, some unions and yuppies. Are there any signs of Democratic violence towards Progressive supporters in colleges?

They have been trying to. But the legal apparatus is in the hands of the Progressives, and whenever there are fights, the Democrats get 30 days in jail and the Progressive 'Patriots" get community service. And I wouldn't say College students are liberal. They are anti-establishment, but there is a strong constituency there that is left-wing economically, that would like the opportunity to beat up the "teacher's pet" students with impunity, and feels empowered by being part of something bigger than themselves. the Universities were center of support for the Nazis in Germany for exactly those reasons.

I would say the Progressives have little support at Harvard or MIT. But Harvard or MIT students are not exactly popular at less prestigious schools. And there is a strong anti-Ivy league component. See the taxing of endowments.
hmmmm I'd disagree with you on some of this. My experience with college students has led me to believe that the majority of them are somewhat intellectual and would have huge problems with the Progressives for some of their nutjob positions, fascism etc. I'm sure those in frats would join up with them in good large portions. I could see tons of bands activley campaigning against the Progressives in Massachussetts, and a huge anti-Progressive movement among people who could activley influence students.

Basically if my idea of what will be trendy in the future is right(hipster music blows up), then the youth could be mobilized pretty well against the Progressives. I'm going to assume though that because of the terrible economy lots of people's perceptions change and populist thought becomes reasonably popular again among the youth.  Like I said though I could definitley see huge schisms happening at major universities. Some of the worst fighters could be on the Democratic side too.

Not sure about that. The Progressives could pretty effectively position themselves as anti-establishment, especially with the military bearing down on them.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 06:11:27 PM »

So why haven't the Democrats been unsuccessful at forming some sort of defense against the Progressives in MA? I'd assume that the Progressives would be treated as Nazi pieces of shit among university students, some unions and yuppies. Are there any signs of Democratic violence towards Progressive supporters in colleges?

They have been trying to. But the legal apparatus is in the hands of the Progressives, and whenever there are fights, the Democrats get 30 days in jail and the Progressive 'Patriots" get community service. And I wouldn't say College students are liberal. They are anti-establishment, but there is a strong constituency there that is left-wing economically, that would like the opportunity to beat up the "teacher's pet" students with impunity, and feels empowered by being part of something bigger than themselves. the Universities were center of support for the Nazis in Germany for exactly those reasons.

I would say the Progressives have little support at Harvard or MIT. But Harvard or MIT students are not exactly popular at less prestigious schools. And there is a strong anti-Ivy league component. See the taxing of endowments.
hmmmm I'd disagree with you on some of this. My experience with college students has led me to believe that the majority of them are somewhat intellectual and would have huge problems with the Progressives for some of their nutjob positions, fascism etc. I'm sure those in frats would join up with them in good large portions. I could see tons of bands activley campaigning against the Progressives in Massachussetts, and a huge anti-Progressive movement among people who could activley influence students.

Basically if my idea of what will be trendy in the future is right(hipster music blows up), then the youth could be mobilized pretty well against the Progressives. I'm going to assume though that because of the terrible economy lots of people's perceptions change and populist thought becomes reasonably popular again among the youth.  Like I said though I could definitley see huge schisms happening at major universities. Some of the worst fighters could be on the Democratic side too.

Not sure about that. The Progressives could pretty effectively position themselves as anti-establishment, especially with the military bearing down on them.
Yeah but anti-establishment does not equal popular among university students. Do you really think that a huge majority of the youth would be all for 150 hours of community service being mandated on them, a teaching that calls the counter-culture movement terrible(hippie throwback stuff is pretty popular), and the Vietnam War being glorified? I'd doubt it, this stuff would scream fascist and authoritarian to lots of kids in college.

Most students don't subscribe to student culture, as it were.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 11:41:54 PM »

Yeah, this is great. It's probably the most realistic future timeline I've ever seen, and this is despite its highly unlikely premise.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 12:05:57 PM »

Excellent installment. Look forward to more.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009, 07:18:41 PM »

At a rally in Charleston South Carolina, where President Perry was campaigning for Senator Hailey in her difficult reelection campaign, he was interrupted repeatedly by several Patriots in uniform. Republican "Sons of Liberty" attacked them and in the chaos, a thirty something man approached the stage and fired five shots. Had it not been for the televised nature of the event, it would have been assumed that one of the Patriots had been responsible, as it did , it threw the campaigns into chaos with public turning against violence.

Newly installed President Coakley denounced the "culture of violence which led as inevitably to this tragedy as surely as if Michael Walton carried it out himself" and polls showed that more than half of Americans felt that the Progressives were at least somewhat responsible.

If the assassination had taken place two weeks later it might have crippled the Progressive campaign, as it was, the time allowed rumors to leak pointing to a non-political motive. The assassin claimed to have had a sexual relationship with the former President and claimed that he had been driven from his job and subject to intimidation. As the media focused on the salacious allegations, it made the efforts of President Coakley to tie it to the Progressives look self-serving.

At a rally in Charleston South Carolina, where President Perry was holding a townhall for Senator Hailey, he was interrupted repeatedly by several Patriots in uniform. Republican "Sons of Liberty" attacked them and in the chaos, a thirty something man approached the stage and fired five shots. Had it not been for the televised nature of the event, it would have been assumed that one of the Patriots had been responsible, as it did , it threw the campaigns into chaos with public turning against violence.

Newly installed President Coakley denounced the "culture of violence which led as inevitably to this tragedy as surely as if Michael Walton carried it out himself" and polls showed that more than half of Americans felt that the Progressives were at least somewhat responsible.

If the assassination had taken place two weeks later it might have crippled the Progressive campaign, as it was, the time allowed rumors to leak pointing to a non-political motive. The assassin claimed to have had a sexual relationship with the former President and claimed that he had been driven from his job and subject to intimidation. As the media focused on the salacious allegations, it made the efforts of President Coakley to tie it to the Progressives look self-serving.

Hmm?

Very good uupdate, of course.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 05:44:21 PM »

Yes, please keep it coming.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2009, 02:28:29 PM »

I think that the Supreme Court voted the impeachments legal, no?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2009, 02:34:08 PM »

I think that the Supreme Court voted the impeachments legal, no?

They did, but that did prevent Coakley from reapointing them as recess appointments. If you mean a move against Coakley, the Progressives blocked that both in the September 1st session and when Congress reconvened.

You wrote that the Supreme Court ruled the impeachments illegal. I think that that's a typo.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2009, 10:03:24 PM »

You did this on Word, didn't you?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2010, 01:57:08 AM »

So much for Martha Coakley ever being President...
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2013, 10:04:58 PM »

necrobump
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies