Hotline: New Senate rankings and House rankings
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:15:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  Hotline: New Senate rankings and House rankings
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hotline: New Senate rankings and House rankings  (Read 1594 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 05, 2009, 10:00:06 AM »

http://www.nationaljournal.com/njonline/po_20090805_2436.php
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 10:16:47 AM »

CO is definitley a top 10 seat and LA and NC are not at this time
pragmatic liberal

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 11:16:51 AM »

I don't think IL is one of the most vulnerable Dem seats. I'd say if anything, it's lean Dem at the moment.

Connecticut is vulnerable, but honestly, I suspect that Dodd will pull off a victory in the end.

If Mike Castle (R) runs, then Delaware becomes a likely Republican pickup. And if John Hoeven (R) runs in North Dakota, then that becomes a very tight race that could very well be a Republican pickup. And I also agree with other posters on this forum that Ryan Frazier has the potential to be very competitive in Colorado.

For the Democrats, I'd say that they have a slight edge in Missouri and New Hampshire. Kentucky is a tossup. I actually suspect that Ohio will stay Republican. The state's been hit hard by the recession, Obama's numbers are somewhat down and will probably stay that way for some time, and Ted Strickland's numbers are down as well.

NC is a possible Dem pickup, but I'd say it still leans Republican for now. I don't think Dems actually have much of a chance in Louisiana.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 11:19:26 AM »

I think Ken Buck could be competitive as well. I saw him interviewed the other day, and his anti-deficit, anti-over extending the military rhetoric could be very appealing out here (it was to me).
SamInTheSouth

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 06:07:16 PM »

I think Ken Buck could be competitive as well. I saw him interviewed the other day, and his anti-deficit, anti-over extending the military rhetoric could be very appealing out here (it was to me).

Beauprez is considering running now because he doesn't think either Buck nor Frazier are strong enough candidates.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 08:36:10 PM »

This is National Journal, so I don't really think these ratings are very credible.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies