Either the NRCC or the AP really, really sucks (or both)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 07:14:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Either the NRCC or the AP really, really sucks (or both)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Either the NRCC or the AP really, really sucks (or both)  (Read 3660 times)
ajc0918
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2009, 12:38:57 PM »

Pour money against Kagen in WI. Don't even try and take out Obey and Kind because it just isn't going to happen.

The same thing is quickly happening to Kagen.  The Republicans best chance to take him out before he got intrenched was 2008.

True but they still actually have a chance to take him out while there is no hope in getting rid of Obey and Kind.

Obey may be facing a strong competitor, Sean Duffy. He seems young, energetic, and surprisingly hip.
http://duffyforcongress.com/

Oh and he has a pretty nice website.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2009, 01:47:45 PM »

VA-11 was held by Republican Tom Davis until 2008, and was won by George Bush in 2000 and 2004.

That seat is getting more and more Democratic ever year; Tom Davis is pretty much the only Republican who can win there.  Obama won 57% of the vote, here; Connolly received 55%.  It would take a major swing to the GOP in NOVA for Connolly to lose, and I just don't see it happening.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2009, 02:08:04 PM »

VA-11 was held by Republican Tom Davis until 2008, and was won by George Bush in 2000 and 2004.

That seat is getting more and more Democratic ever year; Tom Davis is pretty much the only Republican who can win there.  Obama won 57% of the vote, here; Connolly received 55%.  It would take a major swing to the GOP in NOVA for Connolly to lose, and I just don't see it happening.

Deeds and McDonnell are running pretty even in NOVA. Without Obama on the ballot, it's not out of the realm of possibility.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2009, 04:09:58 PM »

2010 will have nothing on the ballot other than the House in Virginia, so it will be down to the Congressional candidates to turn out voters, and I think it's pretty obvious that Connolly can do that, given that he's previously been elected in off-off-year elections. Certainly he can do it better than an uninspiring generic businessman like Fimian.
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2009, 11:31:50 PM »

Pour money against Kagen in WI. Don't even try and take out Obey and Kind because it just isn't going to happen.

The same thing is quickly happening to Kagen.  The Republicans best chance to take him out before he got intrenched was 2008.

True but they still actually have a chance to take him out while there is no hope in getting rid of Obey and Kind.

Obey may be facing a strong competitor, Sean Duffy. He seems young, energetic, and surprisingly hip.

Sorry but the chairman of the appropriations committee isnt going to get knocked off. This duffy fellow looks like a generic Wisconsin republican politician and his policies sound pretty generic republican aswell. I seriously doubt he will knock off obey or even get him much below 60%.
Not sure ill vote for him either, i just know i wont be voting for dave. Hopefully a libertarian or a green gets in. Maybe i should run for the nomination of one...
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2009, 12:34:44 AM »

Deeds and McDonnell are running pretty even in NOVA. Without Obama on the ballot, it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Deeds is a horrible candidate for NOVA, while Connolly is a well known name in NOVA as well as an incumbent.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2009, 01:37:33 AM »

Sean was on the Real World back when they would have cast someone as conservative and generic as him.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2009, 01:09:09 PM »

Sorry but the chairman of the appropriations committee isnt going to get knocked off. This duffy fellow looks like a generic Wisconsin republican politician and his policies sound pretty generic republican aswell. I seriously doubt he will knock off obey or even get him much below 60%.
Not sure ill vote for him either, i just know i wont be voting for dave. Hopefully a libertarian or a green gets in. Maybe i should run for the nomination of one...

Plus Obey's been in office since 69. He could be dead and still win re-election really easily.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies