If Dino Rossi gets lucky this cycle, will he quickly become entrenched? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:54:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  If Dino Rossi gets lucky this cycle, will he quickly become entrenched? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No, because he'll almost immediately run (again x 4) for some statewide office before he even settles into office

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 43

Author Topic: If Dino Rossi gets lucky this cycle, will he quickly become entrenched?  (Read 2195 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 25, 2018, 02:06:05 AM »

I have been talking to guido and he keeps telling me that he thinks Rossi is a lock for this race.

You’ve been talking to Greedo? Well there’s your problem.

Not seeing it... has been "Loser 'Pub Pol in WA" isn't going to play well in November '18.

RE: Greedo--- I sent him detailed precinct level WA State election results from '08 > '16 after he PM'd me wanting to do a "WA Style analysis of OR data like my NOVA OR thread".

Next thing you know dude never follows through with the project and becomes a total troll.... sigh...

Still have some pretty decent WA Statewide precinct data-sets floating around somewhere, for anyone that is interested....

Not doubt that the WA 'PUBs can rebrand just like Oregon, but not seeing Rossi as part of the equation.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 11:25:18 PM »

I have been talking to guido and he keeps telling me that he thinks Rossi is a lock for this race.

NOVA GREEN:

"Bagel.... I knew Greedo (Alias).... Greedo was a friend of mine.... Bagel you are no Greedo...."

Seriously though, anyone interested in WA State precinct level data-sets provided by a former key astute contributor to WA state politics, please PM me.

I scrubbed all of the data that this individual provided which is part of his Business Consultant activities with a Political-Science background, and will review with this person prior to sending via DropBox....

This is pre-approved data that I provided to Greedo, but yet he did nothing with it despite the ambitious plans to create a WA '16 mirror of the OR '16 thread I posted, and he rapidly became a virtual troll of the Star Wars "First Order"..... (Well--- ok hyperbole).

RIP Greedo.... it's OK, and on Atlas we do believe in more of a humane style of Criminal Justice Reform (# Atlas Political Ban Rehab Program) that recognizes that Individuals can and will frequently change over time and space, as part of an Atlas Personalized Individual Development Plan (APIDP), whereby individuals might be allowed limited privileged periods of activity on Atlas as part of a Probation/Parole Initiative (PPI).

Thoughts???

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 11:42:09 PM »

Humor aside... voted NO.

Honestly, even if he wins in '18 he will likely lose in '20 for WA-08....

I mean what other Office would he run for and potentially win in '20???

Last time I checked there might be an election out there for a Dogcatcher in Leavenworth, Mayor of *insert random small town name*

Maybe there is some SAFE-R 'PUB district somewhere in WA, where he could collect pay as a WA-STATE HOUSE/SENATE candidate?

Rossi is increasingly starting to become an embarrassment to the Statewide Republican Party, that quite frankly is starting to lose oxygen and steam at a Statewide level....

Reality is that the WA State Republican Party needs a major rebranding moment....

New faces, new stories....

The Days of the Ancient "Clash of the Fundis vs Mods" are done..... gone.... dusted (Faint whiffs of MJ in the background with a mixture of Hip-Hop, Blues, Country, and Rock n' Roll).

The HOW 'Pubs rebrand in WA and OR is another story and discussion in and of itself.... but the seeds of the Modern Day Republican Civil War started in the Pacific Northwest Metro Anglo Middle-Class areas in the Mid '80s > Mid '90s, where 'Pubs lost their way, allowed the Fundi's to hijack the 'Pub Party in both States, tried to portray Environmental Issues as jobs vs environmentalists. That strategy gave them a short term bang for the buck in statewide elections, but cost them major street cred, especially since every time a Recession waltzed through rural and small-town PacNW towns, we have seen 'Pub and 'Dem pols alike claiming to represent the interests of American Workers, while they are collecting money on the side all on the take of the sacred Altar of Wall Street and American Style Capitalism....

Arguably, Bill Clinton actually did somewhat well in these rural small town parts of OR and WA, but still Perot '92 and Trump '16 patterns are extremely interesting, especially in the States of the American West from the Rocky Mountain States to the West Coast proper....

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 12:43:51 AM »

NOVA GREEN:

"Bagel.... I knew Greedo (Alias).... Greedo was a friend of mine.... Bagel you are no Greedo...."

Seriously though, anyone interested in WA State precinct level data-sets provided by a former key astute contributor to WA state politics, please PM me.

I scrubbed all of the data that this individual provided which is part of his Business Consultant activities with a Political-Science background, and will review with this person prior to sending via DropBox....

This is pre-approved data that I provided to Greedo, but yet he did nothing with it despite the ambitious plans to create a WA '16 mirror of the OR '16 thread I posted, and he rapidly became a virtual troll of the Star Wars "First Order"..... (Well--- ok hyperbole).

RIP Greedo.... it's OK, and on Atlas we do believe in more of a humane style of Criminal Justice Reform (# Atlas Political Ban Rehab Program) that recognizes that Individuals can and will frequently change over time and space, as part of an Atlas Personalized Individual Development Plan (APIDP), whereby individuals might be allowed limited privileged periods of activity on Atlas as part of a Probation/Parole Initiative (PPI).

Thoughts???

What?

1988 VP Pres Debate reference.... Smiley

Also, since you brought up Greedo, he seems to be a major topic of the thread for some odd reason....    Huh

Bit of political humor and satire is never a bad thing, especially considering Greedo has an extensive history when it comes to Pacific Northwest politics in General, as well as many other commentaries....

Also, several times in the thread have asked if fellow Atlas members are interested in some of the most extensive modern WA political data-sets available by precinct, including some items garnered by a former WA Atlas Poster, who actually runs a business on this data, who allowed me to post "scrubbed data" of his research after I ran the data-sets I was planning on sharing with "Greedo" through him. Complicated backstory I know--- but it took me 10-12 Hours to reach out the former Atlas poster, obtain data that he had certain areas marked as "confidential", because they were produced under contract for various clients, and then scrub the data, run it through the individual for pre-approval prior to distribution, scrub any business confidential data, and then send it to an Atlas Member, who ended up doing nothing with it, and becoming a total troll to boot.

Still have this data out there, and for anyone who is really interested, let me know, I'll vet the request since maybe he will allow release of some of '16 data that he didn't want published at the time....

Followed up with more serious post, regarding the hypothetical question from the OP: "If Rossi wins... then will he...."

Kapish?Huh
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies