Three reasons why McCain still has a shot... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 02:24:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Three reasons why McCain still has a shot... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Three reasons why McCain still has a shot...  (Read 2537 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: May 31, 2005, 04:21:59 PM »

Californian who moves to the south and buys a huge confederate flag. He's appearantly pretty dumb and a total wingnut.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 06:35:39 PM »

Lots of people move around the country, so that's hardly a hindrance.  Hell, look at Hillary for Christ's sake.  As for being dumb, you're going to say that about any GOP candidate regardless of who they may be, so I put little credence in your evaluation of his intelligence.

Giulani isn't dumb.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 07:45:13 PM »

About Guliani, Republicans know that he'd produce a repeat of 1992.  That why he's been in decline at Tradesports on 2008 Presidential contenders list.  On McCain, it's not b/c of his maverick status or perceived (and unsubstantiated) moderate record, that he'll fail to secure the nomination.  It's b/c he's not one of the good 'ol boys in the political hierarchy.  I'm starting to think Bill Frist isn't either:  I can't picture him being in my home city this wkend. at the races in his $500 shoes.  This pretty much leaves Allen.  The good thing is that he'll still be in the Senate when he runs!  Yet ANOTHER "Senator Gone" Smiley

Guilani seems to be the only moderate with a chance at getting the nomination, and it's not that great of a chance. I'm almost tempted to switch to the Republican party to vote for him in the primary.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies