George Zimmerman rescues family from car wreck: (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:16:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  George Zimmerman rescues family from car wreck: (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: George Zimmerman rescues family from car wreck:  (Read 5733 times)
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« on: July 22, 2013, 08:48:12 PM »

I wonder how much NBC will edit the story to make Zimmerman sound like a racist this time. Once again, the left took the exact opposite approach to what should've been. Zimmerman is a good person after all.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 09:04:59 PM »

I'm sure you can pull up stories of Syrian soldiers being nice and rescuing people too. Does that mean the Syrian Army isn't a band of murderous thugs?

So the right verdict is offensive to some people. The wrong verdict would've been offensive to justice. The jury did the right thing. It seems like because someone didn't pay for the death of a black person, the left in this country will never be able to see Zimmerman as anything but bad. Why are some people so closed minded?
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 09:25:45 PM »

Yeah this really has nothing to do with race. It has to do with that Zimmerman gunned someone down in cold blood.

Do you know what the phrase "in cold blood means"?  I don't think it includes having your face knocked in.

If he hadn't been stalking him, he wouldn't have got his ass handed to him. And instead of fighting back with his fists and/or taking his deserved beating like a man, he resorts to pulling out a gun and killing the kid.

Let's face it, guys. Zimmerman is a racist, a coward and the worst kind of wimp. Why defend him at all?

Because the idea that people can keep throwing out all these unsupported assertions just because they don't like a verdict is offensive to a concern for the truth and to due process.   And it's being used to prop up this idea that self-defense should not be allowed except under unrealistic conditions. 

I'm not even speaking to the verdict here, I'm just speaking to the fact that what Zimmerman did makes him a very bad person.

Do you believe in compensation though? He did a good deed. There are two sides to look at here.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 10:38:48 PM »

Death threats are a lot less than what Trayvon Martin got from this thug.

The only way Zimmerman ever would have received equal punishment is if he got the death penalty. I doubt you're suddenly for that just for political expediency.

(And just by the by, I am not one of the crowd who thinks that this alone makes up for what he did. In most cases, I do believe in redemption, but it takes a lifetime of doing, and rightly so.)

He did a good deed today.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 01:14:06 AM »

Were Democrats this infuriated when Gary Condit got away with the disappearance and murder of Chandra Levy?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies