Why do Atlas Dems keep talking about Kamala Harris as a potential candidate? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:05:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Why do Atlas Dems keep talking about Kamala Harris as a potential candidate? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why do Atlas Dems keep talking about Kamala Harris as a potential candidate?  (Read 4794 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« on: November 19, 2016, 05:02:09 PM »
« edited: November 19, 2016, 05:05:09 PM by Maxwell »

I've explained why I like Harris, I'm not going to re-explain myself other than a simple refrain: She's a liberal powerhouse, and can potentially bring back enthusiasm for Democrats. If Democrats were merely talking about checking boxes, then Tammy Baldwin, Tammy Duckworth, Kate Brown, Pramila Jayapal, and many others would have first priority ahead of Harris. Notice how none of those people are discussed as candidates? There's a reason Harris is talked about besides "identity politics".

Harris is a million times more likely than Jim Justice, Brian Schweitzer, Amy Klobuchar, or whoever wet blanket white candidate Atlas has fallen in love with because they've decided to over-correct from "we need a diverse palet" to "IDENTITY POLITICS AHHH".
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 08:00:49 PM »

Warren, like Sanders, would probably need multiple candidates dividing the black vote, which might be the case if she ends up facing Harris and Booker.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 10:06:37 PM »

Keith Ellison will do whatever Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer want? That doesn't even make sense. The dude has been pushing against the DC establishment, not toward it. The guy endorsed Sanders for President, for crying out loud. Also, dude has great political judgement, is an incredibly capable fundraiser, and wants to push the Democrats to the left on policy. He's a great mixture of a left of center bomb thrower and someone who could get the god damn job done.

You know who else didn't have very visible qualifications for DNC before doing a god damn great job with it? HOWARD DEAN.

Dean has obviously become too a part of the system that he originally managed to shift to be an effective DNC chairman, which is why I think Ellison is great for the job.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 10:13:07 PM »

And check boxes? bullcrap! I'd support Tad Devine, one of Sanders major campaign people, or another Sanders operative besides total jerkoff Jeff Weaver tomorrow if they took on the opportunity. After Sanders, I'd support someone who is going to make it their mission to push Democrats to the left and force them to become passionate about their ideals instead of constantly playing to the defensive of Republican policies and ideas and, well, what they say. I think Keith Ellison knows that and that's why he'd be a great DNC chairman. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies