Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops - Trump has known for months (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:47:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops - Trump has known for months (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops - Trump has known for months  (Read 7045 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: June 27, 2020, 06:28:43 AM »

I know, you always hate what you can't have.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 01:50:39 PM »

Damn Lincoln Project! You make the rest look like amateurs.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 03:52:49 PM »

If it turns out to be 100% correct and Trump learned but didn't do anything about it, would this be grounds for charges of treason? I actually think so.

Kinda ironic he recently accused Obama of treason for "spying on Trump Tower". Needless to say: Without any proof.

No, it's not treason to not respond to something.  Presidents need some leeway to choose not to act when either intelligence is inconclusive or any available response is likely to make things worse (ex. in the middle of delicate negotiations).

I'm sure you'd say the same thing if this happened under Obama or Hillary's watch.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 02:12:53 AM »

If it turns out to be 100% correct and Trump learned but didn't do anything about it, would this be grounds for charges of treason? I actually think so.

Kinda ironic he recently accused Obama of treason for "spying on Trump Tower". Needless to say: Without any proof.

No, it's not treason to not respond to something.  Presidents need some leeway to choose not to act when either intelligence is inconclusive or any available response is likely to make things worse (ex. in the middle of delicate negotiations).

I'm sure you'd say the same thing if this happened under Obama or Hillary's watch.

If I did, would you agree with me or not?

I'll ask again:  Do you think that Presidents should have to worry about being impeached if they are too hesitant to do things that might start a war?

You constantly argue in bad faith so I'm not going to take your bait. If you want to derail the thread find someone else to troll.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 01:50:46 AM »
« Edited: July 02, 2020, 05:22:23 AM by Landslide Lyndon »

If Landslide Lyndon has anything more to add, I'll yield the balance of my time to the gentleman from Greece.

There is no need to add anything. Shua is the worst kind of hack: the one who, as you said, tries to disguise his hackery as thoughtful political analysis.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 04:53:20 PM »

If Landslide Lyndon has anything more to add, I'll yield the balance of my time to the gentleman from Greece.

There is no need to add anything. Shua is the worst kind of hack: the one who, as you said, tries to disguise his hackery as thoughtful political analysis.

I guess that means you aren't that hackish after all.  No one would ever mistake your posts for  attempts to appear thoughtful.

I am who I am. Never pretended to be something else.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies