Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops - Trump has known for months
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:34:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops - Trump has known for months
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops - Trump has known for months  (Read 6810 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 26, 2020, 09:31:08 PM »

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 09:40:29 PM »

For anyone who has trouble getting through the NYT's paywall,

Report: Russia offered bounties on killing US troops
Citing officials briefed on the matter, the Times said the United States determined months ago that a Russian military intelligence unit linked to assassination attempts in Europe had offered rewards for successful attacks last year.

Islamist militants, or armed criminal elements closely associated with them, are believed to have collected some bounty money, the newspaper said.
President Donald Trump has been briefed on the intelligence finding, the Times said. It said the White House has yet to authorize any steps against Russia in response to the bounties.

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 09:46:26 PM »

I really hope that someday we'll find out just what leverage Russia has over Trump.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 10:56:08 PM »

"U.S. intelligence officials" Roll Eyes
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 11:38:23 PM »
« Edited: June 27, 2020, 12:24:15 AM by GP270watch »

I really hope that someday we'll find out just what leverage Russia has over Trump.

They know already. They don't want to let on because the intelligence failure and Russian operational success would be too embarrassing to admit. It was like when the Soviets infiltrated the highest levels of The British Government and Society. The full extent was not spoken about until many decades later.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2020, 11:53:03 PM »

WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2020, 12:03:28 AM »

Sometimes I think people really understate how much of an enemy Russians are. They straight up are trying to kill our troops. These aren’t our friends.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2020, 12:26:25 AM »

Sometimes I think people really understate how much of an enemy Russians are. They straight up are trying to kill our troops. These aren’t our friends.

The Russians are just repaying the favor, we did the same thing to them in Afghanistan. It's Trump's supplicant behavior towards Russia and Putin that has always been the scandal.

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2020, 04:30:40 AM »

To be honest, if I was leader of any Western country and would find out, and it would be proven, I would impose massive sanctions on Russia. I would already have in response to interference in elections in the US and various European countries. Putin is a thug he only understands strength and determination. I would obviously prefer to have a good relationship with Moscow, but unless the Kremlin stops being a bad actor under undermining the Western alliance, there needs to be serious retaliation. If Putin thinks the Chinese are a better partner, he should go ahead to find out they will rip him off as well.

Hopefully we can find out next year what kind of stuff Putin has about Trump that makes "Mr. Tough guy" to be such a weak leader. I hope Joe Biden will be tough on Russia in concert with Western allies. Also hope Merkel then gets replaced by someone more tough on Putin.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2020, 05:23:05 AM »

This should have been obvious after what happened in the Republic of Georgia in 2008, definitely after Crimea in 2014. We knew they were backing he Taliban for years and this is just direct confirmation of what was widely presumed already.

I have much to criticize Romney about, but he was right on this in 2012 and Obama was incredibly naive about Russia, and meanwhile Trump is bought and paid for.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2020, 06:28:43 AM »

I know, you always hate what you can't have.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2020, 07:00:55 AM »

Impotus will believe his dad Putin and believe this is lies. As always Sanchez supports the Russians over us. Why is it so easy to get the alt-right to claim to love America so much but to lie in bed with its enemies?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2020, 07:30:47 AM »

You mean Iraqi WMDs? Yeah, I'm pretty pissed that we didn't find any.
UkrainianRepublican
Mr.Marat
Rookie
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 0.52

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2020, 08:26:24 AM »
« Edited: June 27, 2020, 04:05:07 PM by UkrainianRepublican »

Seems like Romney  was right on Russia. Who'd  guessed  Tongue
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2020, 08:28:51 AM »

Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2020, 08:34:49 AM »

This coming out ~4 months ahead of an election would sink a normal incumbent President.

This won’t even be news by next week.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2020, 11:51:07 AM »

It's like it's not even about a pee tape at this point. It's like he just actively hates our country.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2020, 02:24:59 PM »

Sometimes I wish the CIA was still allowed to kill world leaders.

Having the CIA kill Putin would send a clear message to the Russian Government that you don't mess with American Troops.

On the other hand, that would almost certainly start a nuclear war, so it's probably good thing killing Putin isn't being seriously discussed as retaliation.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2020, 02:32:26 PM »

This means that Russia is retroactively aiding Al-Qaeda and Osama Bin Laden and that Putin technically attacked US soil on 9/11. It's time to put the bitch down, show him what happens when you mess with the cause of global democracy.

Let's Roll!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2020, 02:36:15 PM »

This means that Russia is retroactively aiding Al-Qaeda and Osama Bin Laden and that Putin technically attacked US soil on 9/11. It's time to put the bitch down, show him what happens when you mess with the cause of global democracy.

Let's Roll!

I'd be fine with nuking Moscow, if it were possible that Russia were unable to fire back.

But that isn't true, so using Nuclear weapons/bombing Russia is a very bad idea.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2020, 04:01:22 PM »

It's like it's not even about a pee tape at this point. It's like he just actively hates our country.

It's probably just money. That's why a lot of the investigations into Trump lead to Deutsche Bank and extend to Russia itself.

That said, something like this rises far beyond that. If this information is proven absolutely true, Trump should be tried with treason.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2020, 04:21:59 PM »

It's probably just money. That's why a lot of the investigations into Trump lead to Deutsche Bank and extend to Russia itself.

That said, something like this rises far beyond that. If this information is proven absolutely true, Trump should be tried with treason.

See, I told everyone Trump committed Treason.

I still say when that trial happens under a Biden administration, the Justice Department better pursue the Death Penalty.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2020, 04:41:18 PM »

I'd be fine with nuking Moscow, if it were possible that Russia were unable to fire back.
You'd be fine telling other countries "it is acceptable to launch nuclear warheads" and murdering over a million civilians? WOW.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2020, 04:41:20 PM »

McEnany claims neither Trump nor Pence knew about this:

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2020, 04:58:05 PM »

You'd be fine telling other countries "it is acceptable to launch nuclear warheads" and murdering over a million civilians? WOW.

It's the same principle we used for nuking civillians in Hiroshima and Nagisaki, that they were complicit in the government's decision making by allowing that government to rule.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies