FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:33:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 130
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 118218 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: August 12, 2022, 05:00:21 PM »

T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1051 on: August 12, 2022, 05:01:16 PM »

Imagine if by a domino effect members of Congress start impeaching each other in an utterly partisan fashion? IE MTG votes to impeach Garland; someone votes to impeach MTG; till it gets to the point where Pelosi and McConnell try to impeach each other, leading absolutely nothing to be done in Congress.

Most Democrats aren't clown-ish enough to do something like that.

Oh, I think you overestimate the Dems as well. Both parties are clown cars. The coming years are going to see a historic and absurd level of partisan impeachments in both parties.

Democrats don't impeach people for purely "left vs right" reasons in bad faith. I'm not saying it's never happened, but it isn't common at all.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1052 on: August 12, 2022, 05:01:20 PM »

This will of course go nowhere, but it will be interesting to see who signs on to it.

She probably wrote them using crayons.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1053 on: August 12, 2022, 05:01:31 PM »

This will of course go nowhere, but it will be interesting to see who signs on to it.

Impeach MTG.

Imagine if by a domino effect members of Congress start impeaching each other in an utterly partisan fashion? IE MTG votes to impeach Garland; someone votes to impeach MTG; till it gets to the point where Pelosi and McConnell try to impeach each other, leading absolutely nothing to be done in Congress.

Oh, I think you overestimate the Dems as well. Both parties are clown cars. The coming years are going to see a historic and absurd level of partisan impeachments in both parties.

Wrong.
The impeachments toward trump were legit for things he did.
This classified document incident is all the evidence you need to know, about how incompetent and crooked the Orange Buffoon really is/was.
MiddleRoad
« Reply #1054 on: August 12, 2022, 05:05:16 PM »

Impeach MTG.

Wrong.
This classified document incident is all the evidence you need to know, about how incompetent and crooked the Orange Buffoon really is/was.

I’m telling you, that post Trump, impeachment will become just a partisan tool to cripple Presidents and promote further deadlock. Biden will almost certainly be impeached after the midterms. In turn the Dems will impeach whoever the next Republican is. And so on.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1055 on: August 12, 2022, 05:10:11 PM »

It's not possible to "impeach" a House member, although another one could introduce a resolution to expel them which would require a 2/3 majority to pass.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1056 on: August 12, 2022, 05:13:33 PM »

Impeach MTG.

Wrong.

I’m telling you, that post Trump, impeachment will become just a partisan tool to cripple Presidents and promote further deadlock. Biden will almost certainly be impeached after the midterms. In turn the Dems will impeach whoever the next Republican is. And so on.

Wrong again.
I think there will be a small (or moderate size) group of Pubs in the House that might try (if they take control after Nov), but unless there is something "really there" on Biden, they would be fools to just impeach, just to impeach.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1057 on: August 12, 2022, 05:14:47 PM »

Brett Baier on Fox, the last honorable man left standing there, seems to be musing about that. While Garland stated that one tries to keep a warrant as narrow as possible, and use it as a last resort, in fact the warrant rather than narrow was broad as could be, the whole property, and everything related to Trump's presidency, from soup to nuts, and seemingly urgent. The whole property was scoured, other than guest rooms. Something was agitating the DOJ, big time. So he thinks more shoes have to drop.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1058 on: August 12, 2022, 06:13:35 PM »

This is kinda golden -

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1059 on: August 12, 2022, 06:30:28 PM »

I was very busy yesterday and ended up not being privy to this information until I got home late yesterday and didn't have an opportunity to post (see? I do have a life beyond this forum...at times). And all I can say is: holy flying s***s of death! This escalated so quickly! But even saying that I cannot fathom being surprised at Trump mishandling information about our damn nukes. It was just about the only thing many of us expecting the worst from the Trump administration were wrong about predicting...until now. I am more so flabbergasted above anything else. Anyway, irony as a concept has been deader than the Pennyfarthing bicycle for the past seven years when trump and his cult in the GOP were the ones to kill it and probably bury it on one of his golf courses.

It's my 30th birthday this Sunday, and I have been dreading it, but if this story keeps unfolding in ways that get increasingly worse for Ill Douche and his ilk then I will accept that as a very well-timed gift during the week of my birthday from a universe that had prior been kind of brutal to me all this year.

I do want to address the alleged Saudi quid pro quo speculation here. It's an interesting theory, and I wouldn't put it past Trump, especially given the timing with them being present at his Bedminster golf course, but I until we have clearer, more direct links I still think Trump was just purely incompetent and negligent above all. For all we know he kept the information because he delusionally thought he would be reinstated as President, or some s*** like that-so why bother handing them back when it's information he needs to know as the eternal, legitimate President? He is that deranged and detached from reality that I am willing to put stock into that prediction.

I am still too jaded to predict him actually going to prison and seeing at least some kind of recompense for this though. I have no idea how he'll worm his way out of this, he seems more boxed-in by this any of his near innumerable worst scandals in American history, but I just feel like we might be pushing out luck with how bad this has already been for him and how good everything else has been. I hope more than anything to be wrong and that we can throw this amoral charlatan in the trash-bin of history and never look back.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1060 on: August 12, 2022, 06:38:35 PM »

LOL
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1061 on: August 12, 2022, 06:39:38 PM »

LOL

That's a win-win right here.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1062 on: August 12, 2022, 06:40:17 PM »

Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1063 on: August 12, 2022, 06:43:13 PM »

What's the general Republican voter consensus here?

Fuzzy and that ilk. I'm assuming they're excusing this, deflecting it, or ignoring it?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1064 on: August 12, 2022, 06:44:34 PM »

Well, Fox News is not reacting well.

Fox News has drawn criticism for sharing a photoshopped image of a US magistrate judge, Bruce Reinhart, who signed the search warrant on the recent FBI search of Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago property, sitting on a private plane across from the convicted sex trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell.

Filling in for Fox News host Tucker Carlson on Wednesday, guest host Brian Kilmeade showed viewers a digitally altered photo of Reinhart holding a bottle of liquor and a pack of Oreo cookies while sitting across from Maxwell with his feet in her lap.

“This is the judge in charge of the … of the warrant and we’ll see if he’s going to release it next. He likes Oreos and whiskey,” Kilmeade said.
LBJer
« Reply #1065 on: August 12, 2022, 06:44:49 PM »

What scum the people making the threats are.  Human vermin.  
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #1066 on: August 12, 2022, 06:52:18 PM »

Fuzzy and that ilk. I'm assuming they're excusing this, deflecting it, or ignoring it?
I'll give some credit - people like DT and OSR are at least saying that he should release the warrant and think this isn't good for him.

The more cultier ones seem to be ignoring it, though.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1067 on: August 12, 2022, 06:52:57 PM »

Fuzzy's sole comments:

They are politicized from top to bottom.  It's nothing new.  The present FBI leadership is as corrupt as J. Edgar Hoover.

The present FBI leadership also happens to be appointed by Donald Trump. I guess irony can be pretty damned ironic sometimes.

Wray's appointment was a pick forced on Trump after firing Comey.  He was hardly "his" pick, any more than Louis Freeh was a Clinton partisan.

If Donald Trump was just a powerless figurehead anyway what would be the point of electing him in 2024 again?

Trump was not a powerless figurehead.  If he had been, people on your side would not be so bent out of shape over him.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1068 on: August 12, 2022, 06:54:08 PM »

DT and particularly OSR have had measured and reasonable responses.  Some others have not.  I don't recall seeing Fuzzy in the thread.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #1069 on: August 12, 2022, 06:56:35 PM »

Fuzzy usually employs the tactic of posting something, then responding a couple of times and when things get too tough for him, he bails on the thread and is never seen again in there.

It seems that in this case he fast tracked to bailing lol
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1070 on: August 12, 2022, 06:57:01 PM »

LOL

Since she said this to a known individual with a severe case of narcissism, then without a doubt, trump will announce he is running in 2024.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1071 on: August 12, 2022, 07:01:47 PM »

LOL

Is this some sort of joke? "My client will agree to plead not running for President".
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1072 on: August 12, 2022, 07:03:28 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2022, 07:40:04 PM by Middle-aged Europe »

DT and particularly OSR have had measured and reasonable responses.  Some others have not.  I don't recall seeing Fuzzy in the thread.

Top "story" on OAN's website right now is "House Oversight Committee Republicans demand answers from DOJ".

Among other things, they're making a big deal about the FBI supposedly having an "informant" around Trump at Mar-a-Lago
(although I'm not sure, assuming it is even true, what the scandal here is... if Trump is suspected of having committed a crime why not make use of an informant?).
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1073 on: August 12, 2022, 07:05:09 PM »

They're waiting to see what the talking points are.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1074 on: August 12, 2022, 07:11:11 PM »

I hadn't put it together until just now, but Tucker Carlson has been on vacation all week.  No wonder Fuzzy Bear has been absent from this thread, and why conservatives at large have been either silent or scrambling for something to talk about.  Poor folks must be totally lost at sea!  Great timing for your vacay, Tucker. Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 130  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies