The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:33:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 206348 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: January 30, 2016, 08:11:29 PM »

What... the hell? A 5 year old libertarian?

Maybe he spent recess reading Capitalism and Freedom
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 10:07:15 PM »

I wish. Most of my grandparents were poor immigrants.

Are you really that young? You don't really seem like it.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 02:00:51 PM »

I dunno, but I think at the very least there are some inconsistencies. How is transgendered not genetic as well? I'm not current on research regarding this but it seems like if being gay is genetic, then being transgendered would be too.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 06:37:37 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2016, 06:48:11 PM by Virginia »

Honestly, anyone willing to help Trump get in the White House is being idiotic and reckless as hell with the future of our country. If you don't want an establishment politician, at least find someone who is reasonable, policy-smart and doesn't offend almost everyone. Trump would be terrible for domestic and international relations and is going to spark a lot of discontent stateside as he turns the executive / White House into a pathetic joke.

I suppose, though, Trump is the natural result of an electorate that is largely uninformed and lazy. They wouldn't be so angry about Washington not getting anything done if they didn't keep voting for radical / partisan politicians who furthered gridlock in Congress. Like, these conservatives bitch about nothing getting solved and yet they kept voting for the very people who engineered the massive obstruction of Congressional duties. The people share blame in this, and yet here they are, willing to send this moron to the White House because yeah, that's their solution to their own years of stupidity and ignorance.

Everyone else who is informed and supporting Trump: What in the hell is wrong with you?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 01:57:51 PM »

If you're claiming that Democrats have better prospect at the Senate in Florida, as opposed to other state elections, I may agree, but a "blue state"? Come on. It's swing at the very best.

I endorse this statement
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 04:01:59 PM »

Wow, "Only uneducated / unintelligent people like Hillary". Talk about something overwhelmingly condescending and completely untrue.

And people wonder why Sanders can't win support among African Americans. Doesn't exactly help when he has an uncontrollable army of people going around talking down to people and Bernie-splaining to them as if they are incapable of making their own rational decisions.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 02:22:37 PM »

And just for the record, before I was self-employed, yes: I did beat my meat at work. Yet somehow, I managed to do all the work I would have done on the job anyway and the company didn't lose any actual money!

In which Griffin doesn't understand why someone might have a problem with him masturbating at work.

I don't see how this is a bad post. It's actually kind of funny.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 03:20:54 PM »
« Edited: March 23, 2016, 03:24:38 PM by Virginia »

It's not funny at all. I used to have a classmate that was very actively "beating his meat" during classes, thinking that due to him being seated in the back row no one is going to notice.

Needles to say, we are still traumatized by that experience.

In class? Ew. However that's not the same thing. Doing that at work probably involves going to the bathroom or somewhere else private. Your example is literally within feet of other people in the same room. I'm not saying such behavior should be accepted or even tolerated, but his post specifically was not offensive at all, imo.

Lighten up guys.. Sheesh.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2016, 03:05:14 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2016, 03:06:55 PM by Virginia »

I'd vote Trump, simply because this country needs a political revolution, and to hopefully make Shill supporters, especially in the South, pay for not knowing what's best for them (i.e. Sanders).

How interesting our friend dax is more interested in punishing Hillary supporters in Mississippi and Alabama than in Massachusetts or Ohio...

That post is almost a perfect embodiment of the selfish, arrogant and condescending attitudes and behavior flying around certain sections of the Sanders camp.

"These people are stupid! I'm going to vote Trump to punish them for not doing what I want! After all, I am smarter than them and I clearly know everything. That is why I'm going to be a giant hypocrite by voting for the guy who is the personification of everything my hero Sanders has been fighting against! That's how I plan to support and respect Sanders, by voting for the guy he's been trying to defeat!"

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2016, 03:33:43 PM »

That's one way to put it, but really it's just racism.

Not necessarily. The South gave Hillary the lion's share of her huge lead, so it's not surprising some Sanders supporters resent Southerners for that. After all, Massachusetts certainly didn't give Hillary such a commanding lead, and Ohio was really just icing on the cake after she already became virtually unbeatable. So it doesn't necessarily mean they despise Southerners now because they are black, even if it was black people who largely put a stop to this 'revolution'.

Though, to be fair, some Sanders supporters probably do resent black people for blocking Sanders and that could dredge up some racism, but it seems far from a given.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2016, 10:15:44 PM »

The big problem liberals are having is that everything they are fighting for, isn't really possible.

For example, their definition of racism, can never be solved, because so many of them can find racism in anything. Obviously we cannot get rid of everything, so according to their definition, we will never get rid of "racism".

Also, they seem to be prioritizing emotional thinking over rational thinking. For example, they would rather take the risks with transgender bathrooms rather than hurt the feelings of transgender people. But doesn't the risk outweigh the reward? If women are hurt by sexual predators, are a majority of those victims and their families going to care about if a transvestite feels better about themselves? If a handful of Syrian refugees are terrorists, doesn't the risk of thousands of dead Americans outweigh the reward of happy refugees? If someone breaks in your house with a knife in their hand and you blow their skull apart with a shotgun, is that homeowner gonna be proud he protected his home or upset that he killed someone looking for money? I think they are trying the impossible.

It's a risk/reward situation and liberals lack the intellect to make safe decisions, because they are in and of themselves, weak people blinded by emotion. Thus their fear of inanimate objects (firearms), fear of conflict (anti-war), fear of wealth, and their constant running to their Government nanny. 

What do you think more Americans will do tomorrow? Say something politically incorrect, or quote a Maya Angelou poem?

Included entire post for context, but bolded text is where he turned into a major asshole. That is so freakin pathetic, narrow-minded and ignorant.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2016, 12:39:06 PM »

Wouldn't providing context mean including the title (eg Context: <title>)? That's what I've been doing. I keep seeing "Context:" with nothing actually following it, but it seems meaningless because it's no different than just posting a quote link, which everyone was already doing anyway.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2016, 06:19:35 PM »
« Edited: September 04, 2016, 06:22:00 PM by Virginia »

The purpose of the thread isn't to have page(s)-long arguments. Ideally it would be nice not to have to sift through pointless arguments that span one or more pages to find the archived crappy posts we so enjoy.

Pwwease stop guys Sad
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2016, 07:54:16 PM »

Did this forum used to have more quality control-oriented moderation, or have subforums always been left to rot from unchecked infections of garbage posters / trolls?

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2016, 02:43:39 PM »

It's a shame that the Hillary supporters need their own politically correct thread about how a poll result is phrased ...

Tender lashing out because either he won't admit he is wrong or he can't tell the difference between a tie and +/- 1. Wanting accurate titles in the polls section is not "being politically correct."
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2016, 04:44:50 PM »

Unless that poll had a MoE of under 1%, then at most adding the qualifier "statistical" to the word "tie" is needed.

Well it's more the way he was acting in response to the whole situation. The numbers say +1, so he should put +1. Why couldn't he just do that? I mean he could have added "statistical tie" to the end I suppose.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies