FL-SEN 2022: Nothing to see here (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 05:22:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-SEN 2022: Nothing to see here (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-SEN 2022: Nothing to see here  (Read 31478 times)
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« on: November 09, 2020, 04:26:37 PM »

Likely R, although if Nelson wanted to make a comeback he could so but it will be an uphill battle
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 03:37:42 PM »

Democrats can win with a Latino who can shore up their support among Latinos. Darren Soto should run.

If Democratic strategists unironically believe that nominating a ‘Latino’ to appeal to the famously monolithic voting bloc of FL ‘Latinos’ is the obvious solution to their problem, FL is going to be even tougher for them than I would have thought.

Also if democrats want to have success with latinos they have to refer to them as latinx, it's much more inclusive, if they do that they are guaranteed to get at least 85% in Miami Dade county.
Saying latinx is pretty stupid but its no where the main reason why Dems did relatively poorly in Miami Dade
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 10:13:29 PM »

Rep. Stephanie Murphy 'seriously considering' bid to unseat Rubio

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/02/24/florida-murphy-rubio-senate-2022-471402
Florida Rep. Stephanie Murphy is seriously considering a bid to unseat Sen. Marco Rubio’s 2022 reelection, announcing Wednesday that she’s launching a statewide listening tour and has hired a top Democratic operative to manage the effort.

Murphy, 42, has been elected three times to one of Florida’s most competitive congressional districts in Orlando, and first won the seat by knocking out 12-term incumbent GOP Rep. John Mica when few thought she could. It was a giant-killer act that Democrats hope she can repeat if she takes on Rubio, widely seen as a hard-to-beat incumbent.

“I know what it takes to defeat a powerful incumbent because I’ve done it. I know what it takes to develop the fundraising and grassroots operation — that machine to win in a swing district — because I’ve done it three times,” Murphy told POLITICO in announcing her new initiative, called “Cast Forward with Stephanie Murphy.”

The announcement was paired with an introductory biographical ad on YouTube where Murphy describes herself as “a patriot, not a politician.”

Murphy, acknowledging she’s “seriously considering” a senate bid in either 2022 or 2024 when GOP Sen. Rick Scott is up for reelection, said her initiative is designed to “regroup, refocus, and reenergize Florida Democrats” who have watched Republicans out-organize, out-message and out-vote them, turning the once-purple swing state into a reddish battleground.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies