Santorum to kids of gay parents: You'd be better off with a dad in jail (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 04:33:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Santorum to kids of gay parents: You'd be better off with a dad in jail (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Santorum to kids of gay parents: You'd be better off with a dad in jail  (Read 13281 times)
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« on: January 08, 2012, 10:51:16 PM »

Don't know if Politico is trolling or not, but to say that gays had it better in the 70's and 80's is moronic.

And as far as I can see, gay people are getting more and more accepted every day, so I don't know where his pessimism comes from.
In my country, 20 years ago, gay marriage was basically unheard of and people would have been massively opposed to it, and in the media, homosexuality was treated as something that was wrong or something to make fun of. Nowadays, not only gay marriage is legal, but it enjoys widespread support and basically no one is calling for it's repeal, and in the media gays are shown in a more positive light than before.
And this is not only about gay marriage, simple acceptance of a gay person has progressed. In the 50's if someone came out as gay he would probably be institutionalized in some mental hospital, in 2011 it's not really a big deal and the guy or girl can still go ahead with his/her life.

So I don't really get what he's rambling about. And I'm not even going to touch that stuff about Social darwinism he was talking about earlier Tongue Grin
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies