WalMart refuses to sell Playboy or Maxim but sells guns (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 06:21:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  WalMart refuses to sell Playboy or Maxim but sells guns (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should WalMart sell Playboy?/Should WalMart sell guns?
Yes/Yes
Yes/No
No/Yes
No/No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: WalMart refuses to sell Playboy or Maxim but sells guns  (Read 15426 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: June 04, 2005, 03:51:01 PM »

The danger of a knife is greater than the danger of letting people walk around naked in the store. Should Wal-Mart either adopt the second policy, or refuse to sell knives?

Yes.

Wal Mart: Always low wages!
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 03:52:37 PM »

This is the most braindead topic in the history of this forum.

And you have a plurality of posts in it
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 06:08:27 PM »

I voted No/No.  Looks like Yes/No is the winner.  Or Diebold rigged the vote Smiley

Personally, I would go with no/no as well. Of course they have the right to sell what they want, but that's just my personal opinion.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 05:11:59 PM »

I believed that Wal-Mart was in the business of selling the necessities and incidentals of life (food, clothing, hardware, etc.) at bargain basement prices. In some parts, a gun qualifies as a necessity; in others parts, a nice incidental piece of hardware used for sport and recreation. I see no harm in it.

That goes for the sex recreation as well: Wal-Mart sells lubricants and such as well, in addition to condoms.

So I don't see what you're complaining about, unless your imagination is so impoverished that you cannot use the sex items Wal-Mart offers without printed stimulation.

word.

By the way, I had been under the impression that Wal-mart offers guns through mail order only and not off the shelves. At least this was the case several years ago. Is this no longer the case?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 05:24:28 PM »

I never noticed them in the wal-mart store just north of Revere, Massachusetts, but then I wasn't really looking for them.  I have noticed them in other stores though.  I'm trying to remember if I ever saw them in the SFbay stores or the columbus store I frequented, but honestly I can't remember. 

Depends on the store I suppose.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies