Soccer (Football) Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:15:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Soccer (Football) Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Soccer (Football) Thread  (Read 6005 times)
kashifsakhan
« on: August 26, 2006, 05:03:09 PM »

Im a huge Manchester United fan, but in all honesty, they didnt deserve to win today against watford.

What are your thoughts on Arsenal's start to the season?
kashifsakhan
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 07:40:24 AM »

We've had a God-awful start to the season. Word is that our new manager will be Roy Keane.
Going from bad to worse, is Sunderland?
Happy days in the National Conference!

We've drawn our first two matches. Away to Schalke, where we were expected to lose and frankly would have deserved to lose, and at home against Wolfsburg, where we were expected to win and would have deserved to win.

I think Keane is just lining himself up for the job at Man United once Fergusson retires. He's going to need some experience, and i think if he can get any sort of results out of a team as poor as Sunderland that'll show him to be a pretty good manager.
kashifsakhan
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 04:37:59 AM »

I cant believe West Ham pulled off that deal. The deal of the season. What i also cannot belive is how Man United missed out on so many players (hargreaves, Tevez, and Reo-Coker)
kashifsakhan
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 05:10:19 PM »

Same here. While my allegiance lies firmly with Manchester United, I'd have to say that West Ham are definitely my favorite team from London, and second only to Portsmouth in the south.
kashifsakhan
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 08:01:06 PM »

We were beaten by the better team, no doubt, but that goal frustrates nonetheless. Showed some positive spirit and a good effort generally, so hopefully we can be competitive in the group.

That goal was really unfortunate. But there's a part of me that feels like Steve Staunton just isnt good enough for this job.
kashifsakhan
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 07:15:51 PM »

Adding to that comment about Steve Staunton not being good enough to manage at international level, I'd like to say that Roberto Donadoni is quite possibly the worst manager on the international stage! Awful, just an absolute mess with his tactics. the only reason why italy actually do anything in any game is because of what Lippi instilled in them during his time as national coach/manager.

I dont see Italy qualifying if they keep Donadoni around. It would be best for Italy to get rid of him and bring back Lippi, or bring in Carlo Ancelotti
kashifsakhan
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 10:38:24 AM »

And now Lawrie Sanchez wants to quit.
kashifsakhan
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 03:17:16 AM »

England managed 6 points from 2 games by beating the great footballing powerhouses of andorra and macedonia!
kashifsakhan
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 05:59:22 PM »

Liechtenstein is 124th in the FIFA world rankings, ahead of about half a dozen European sides. They played a surprising qualification (by their standards) for 2006, beating Luxembourg (a country 10 times Liechtenstein's size?) twice with ease and winning two upset draws against stronger teams.

Liechtenstein are good at doing that sort of stuff... Remember when they gave England hell in one of the Euro 2004 qualifiers?
kashifsakhan
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 12:09:46 AM »

United beat celtic 3-2. Excellent game. wouldnt have been quite as much fun had celtic won or drawn, both of which were likely.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies