MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:10:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins  (Read 68064 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 22, 2019, 10:59:52 PM »

Kennedy (and his family) should just go away.

Can’t understand this sentiment. A family that has given ALOT to this country

Such as?

Multiple sons?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 04:47:45 PM »

Quote from: brucejoel99
And even disregarding all of that, contrary to you, I just think it's beyond the pale that we as a society are continuing to lift up people just because of their last names. Massachusetts is a state of ~7 million people that contains world class universities & educational systems, & you should be able to field a much deeper bench than just continuing to elect the same family. Now, don't get me wrong. I loved Ted Kennedy. He was a really interesting & inspiring person. But to do what you're doing, giving the family another leg up simply because they're legacies, is rather unfortunate

I agree the state is loaded up with top end talent, I’d argue Mass is probably the best equipped state in the nation to produce top end leadership. However the thing about the Kennedy’s is we don’t elect them just because it’s something we’re familiar with. It’s because every time we’ve voted for a Kennedy we’ve loved the results. This state elected JFK to the Senate over another political dynasty in a Republican wave year in a state that was Tilt GOP at the time. Gave him 70% margins in the Senate, then 60% for POTUS and then elected Ted and loved everything we got from him as well.

So it’s more a matter of if it’s not broke don’t fix it

If it's not broke don't fix it is perhaps the best argument for voting for Markey over Kennedy.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 09:16:17 AM »
« Edited: September 03, 2020, 09:22:15 AM by Fuzzy Made Covid His B***h! »

Well i was hoping for Joe to win but i'm not that upset about it. It doesn't make sense to get worked up about primaries like this. Ed Markey and Joe kennedy are both fine, smart progressive men and I hope they both have luck in their future political ventures. As another wise Massachusetts politician once said, "In an American election, there are no losers". Now let's get out there, cut the malarkey and win the senate majority!

As one Markey supporter to another: Stay classy, Bagel.

Seriously. Pissing on an upbeat call for party unity which compliments both candidates who are fundamentally similar in ideology is just so.....Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies