Did the majority of Trump general election voters vote for Reagan in 1980 and 1984? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 10:12:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Did the majority of Trump general election voters vote for Reagan in 1980 and 1984? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Did the majority of Trump general election voters vote for Reagan in 1980 and 1984?  (Read 2388 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« on: July 30, 2020, 05:24:56 AM »

A more interesting question is how many Clinton voters who are old enough to have voted in 1984 voted for Reagan. My guess is not a majority but still a very sizable number.

We have at least two such posters here on the Atlas Forum who fit into this category: mollybecky and GeorgiaModerate. mollybecky openly stated that they voted for Reagan in 1984, and GeorgiaModerate, I'm pretty certain, was a Republican for decades before becoming an independent and subsequently, a Democrat. Conversely, we have a Trump voter here who did not vote for Reagan: Fuzzy Bear. He has said that he abstained in 1980 and voted for Mondale in 1984.

Wow I'm fairly shocked that there are three posters born in the early 60's or so! They are all older than my parents

GeorgiaModerate and Fuzzy Bear, in fact, were born in the 1950s (I don't know about mollybecky). Two of this site's moderators (muon2 and Torie), who haven't been active as much recently, were also born in the 1950s. These four Baby Boomers are probably the oldest posters on this website, which tends to skew young overall.

Iirc the oldest poster overall (though he is not all that active) is Arkansas Yankee who is like 75 or something like that (not to be confused with NC Yankee who is a radically different poster and way way younger than 75 Tongue )

But yeah they are exceptions as Atlas skews young for obvious reasons.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies