OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 02:29:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance  (Read 95478 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: March 17, 2021, 05:55:15 PM »

Trump knows how to play economic distress even if he has no solution for it. He's not on the ballot in Ohio in 2022, and he may already be toxic (of course I would need to see a poll of Ohio to confirm or deny that statement). No, the poll of Iowa is not relevant to Ohio except for Iowa and Ohio voting alike in 2016 and 2020. The Ohio GOP has a huge scandal, and that could open the state to some Democrats in statewide elections. 
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 12:35:33 AM »

This thread should not have 16 (now 17) pages. This is not a competitive race.

Oh yeah? The demographic tends (dwindling cities other than Columbus, with Columbus getting most of the exodus from Cincinnati, Dayton, Toledo, Cleveland, and Akron that isn't headed for Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, or Texas) with a stable (and Right-trending) rural population would normally favor Republican pols. With few exceptions (Kasich) they are mostly Trump acolytes, and we have no way of telling how toxic Donald Trump will be in 2022 and 2024. He has not improved things for Republicans in Ohio.

I remember seeing polls of Ohio in which Trump had disapprovals deep into the fifties in Ohio (see also Iowa) which was at the time of big rural distress about Trump's big tariffs to which China retaliated. Trump did open the spigots on farm subsidies, which rescued the farm vote and such states as Iowa and Ohio.   
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies