Is Tom Perez's election as DNC chair good news for Democrats?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 06:22:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Poll
Question: Is Tom Perez's election as DNC chair good news for Democrats?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: Is Tom Perez's election as DNC chair good news for Democrats?  (Read 2801 times)
UWS
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 25, 2017, 04:04:40 PM »

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 04:07:11 PM »

Only to the extent that Keith Ellison's election would have been a disaster for the Democrats.
NeederNodder
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -7.28

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 04:16:02 PM »

I wish the Dems took a risk and Chose Ellison. I'm happy that Perez appointed Ellison as deputy Chairman.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 04:17:54 PM »

Only to the extent that Keith Ellison's election would have been a disaster for the Democrats.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 04:18:23 PM »

I wish the Dems took a risk and Chose Ellison. I'm happy that Perez appointed Ellison as deputy Chairman.

So both the establishment and Bernie Sanders' wing are represented at the top of the DNC?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 04:19:26 PM »

Nope, it's like when the Tea Partiers got stuck with Michael Steele for a bit all over again.

But with Ellison in the deputy slot, it could be much much worse.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 04:20:10 PM »

Nope, it's like when the Tea Partiers got stuck with Michael Steele for a bit all over again.

and they won 63 house seats.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 04:20:24 PM »

So both the establishment and Bernie Sanders' wing are represented at the top of the DNC?

Please. Perez and the rest of the establishment will try to limit Ellison's power as much as possible. It's a total cop-out.

Bernie supporters aren't as dumb as they seem to think.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 04:26:20 PM »

and they won 63 house seats.

True, but he still got sacked. Clearly something was amiss with the base if that's reward you get.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 05:00:17 PM »

It's not a good thing that someone from the Obama White House is in charge of getting Democrats elected to things. Republicans will probably hold enough local offices to be able to amend the Constitution after next year.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2017, 05:07:33 PM »

Well, they are still the party of stupid....so not really.
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2017, 05:11:27 PM »

RedVA
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2017, 05:13:35 PM »

As a conservative, it will make the division between the two parties even greater, given that he is very far left.  Eitger would have been bad, but this guy is not as bad as Ellison.  I would think they would try to come closer to the other party considering the 2018 senate map.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2017, 05:28:26 PM »

jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2017, 05:33:41 PM »

As a conservative, it will make the division between the two parties even greater, given that he is very far left.  Eitger would have been bad, but this guy is not as bad as Ellison.  I would think they would try to come closer to the other party considering the 2018 senate map.
How do you think being Far Left has hurt the Democratic Party ? For example FDR won 4 Elections in a row running on Social Security, Universal Healthcare and so on and so forth. The Conservative Party in the United Kingdom legalized Gay Marriage and they have Universal Health Care.

I think the reason why the Democrats lost in 2016, was because they were too Right Wing on Economic Issues and Too Far Left on Social Issues....

Reagan and George HW Bush and W.Bush promoted Free Trade Policies that helped to destroy the Middle Class. Clinton supported Free Trade because he wanted to win the Presidency with Reagan voters.

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2017, 05:34:01 PM »

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2017, 05:37:38 PM »

I think that when the dust settles, and the Bernie wing calms down and takes a good long look at Tom Perez, they will quickly realize they didn't fare too badly, that he is a man very much on their side. 
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2017, 05:39:16 PM »

I think that when the dust settles, and the Bernie wing calms down and takes a good long look at Tom Perez, they will quickly realize they didn't fare too badly, that he is a man very much on their side. 

Yeah, basically this. In a year of Perez running the DNC, he won't have the same hatred from the Bernie bros that he gets now
Medal506
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2017, 06:03:41 PM »

I think it will help them with moderates but hurt them with the radical left wing lunatics of this country
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2017, 06:19:07 PM »

Of course not. What this means for 2020 is more rigging of the primary.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2017, 06:23:48 PM »

not great news but hopefully not as important as some think it will be.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2017, 06:29:16 PM »

Yeah, basically this. In a year of Perez running the DNC, he won't have the same hatred from the Bernie bros that he gets now

Are you dense? DWS was hated more and more, and I imagine Perez will rig things for the establishment too.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2017, 06:42:20 PM »

Ellison would have resulted in a disastrous circular firing squad and constant re-fighting of the 2016 primaries that would severely damage the party and prevent taking advantage of the Republicans' present and near-future polling weaknesses. So, in that sense, it is good news. I'm not a particular fan of Perez, and he wouldn't have gotten my first preference if I were a DNC delegate, but he's better than that.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2017, 06:42:51 PM »

Are you dense? DWS was hated more and more, and I imagine Perez will rig things for the establishment too.

I'm not dense. I think the reason the hatred for Perez will die down is that I think he won't run the DNC like DWS did
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2017, 06:46:11 PM »

Ellison would have resulted in a disastrous circular firing squad and constant re-fighting of the 2016 primaries that would severely damage the party and prevent taking advantage of the Republicans' present and near-future polling weaknesses. So, in that sense, it is good news. I'm not a particular fan of Perez, and he wouldn't have gotten my first preference if I were a DNC delegate, but he's better than that.

How would a Bernie supporters who bent over backwards for Hillary people and received the endorsements of a majority of those Senators who endorsed Hillary in the primary who endorsed in this race result in re-fighting the primaries?

Or do you mean there will be less refighting now that progressives leave the party?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies